The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarkEnergy
Yeah I'll tag you if I get one, however unlikely that is haha.

I applied for standard entry but I spoke to admissions and they said you can change it to year 2 entry once you get there if you change your mind. Which did you apply for?

Thanks haha. I applied for year 2 but I'm a bit worried because it doesn't look like many other people have.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by amerstudent543
Has anyone accepted their offer yet ?

Not yet, I'm waiting to visit first
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
Good luck with your results! How do you like St Andrews so far?

Yeah, definitely my first choice (although Edinburgh would be amazing as well :biggrin:). I'm from Germany so I'm an EU applicant - hopefully, I won't have to wait two more months, it's absolutely nerve-wrecking to check UCAS Track all the time ...
Are you from Scotland or EU? And if you are from an EU country, did you have any problems with the language (academic writing etc.)? Sorry for the questions, it's just really interesting :biggrin:

Thank you! I'm really loving being at St Andrews and I've met some great people here :smile:
Lol I was the exact same this time last year, I would refresh Track every 30 seconds xD
I'm from Scotland! Don't worry about the questions, I'm more than happy to answer them
Has anyone had an offer for English yet?
Reply 544
hey everyone - I'm a Scottish student who has applied for IR and I'm sooo nervous 😓 Sent off my application early November and still no word. I got 6As in my highers but I feel like they look for a lot more than good grades. Just wondering if anyone has heard when that department starts sending out offers and exactly how competitive it is to get a place?
Original post by Ed12188
hey everyone - I'm a Scottish student who has applied for IR and I'm sooo nervous 😓 Sent off my application early November and still no word. I got 6As in my highers but I feel like they look for a lot more than good grades. Just wondering if anyone has heard when that department starts sending out offers and exactly how competitive it is to get a place?

I heard offers go out in march for home students :/ basically like the last ones to be assessed I think
Original post by liamsullivan
Has anyone been given maths offers?

I sent my application in 10 Oct and haven't received an offer yet. I am hopeful of
getting one but there are 10 applicants for every place so who knows!
I don't know how many offers they give out relative to the number of places they
have? When do you think we will hear from them?
Received an unconditional offer (did A levels last year) today at 6pm, quite surprised as I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon after the deadline! I sent my application off on the 6th/7th of Jan. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LillyB14
Received an unconditional offer (did A levels last year) today at 6pm, quite surprised as I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon after the deadline! I sent my application off on the 6th/7th of Jan. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :smile: Which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, that's amazing, congrats! What did you apply for and what is your fee status?
Original post by Andrella
Yeah I have but I am a gap year applicant and I was'nt classed as a RUK student , you'll probably get yours soon since the UCAS deadline was yesterday

Thank you! You were right! I received an offer tonight! 😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by MidnightKat666

Congratulations!!!!!!
Original post by MidnightKat666

Congrats!! From your previous posts, it's your first choice, right? Awesome. :smile:
Original post by 221Breezeblocks
Congrats! :smile: Which course?

Thank you, history of art

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
Wow, that's amazing, congrats! What did you apply for and what is your fee status?

Thanks, history of art and RUK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, history of art and RUK

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats, that's great! Did you get a track email or did you check the portal? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone! Well done to everyone who got offers! Commiserations to those who were unsuccessful :frown:

I love St Andrews, such a beautiful university. I would have applied if it did English Law :moon:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Good luck everyone! Well done to everyone who got offers! Commiserations to those who were unsuccessful :frown:

I love St Andrews, such a beautiful university. I would have applied if it did English Law :moon:

Thank You :smile: :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by tmwilliams
Congrats, that's great! Did you get a track email or did you check the portal? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Track email 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending