The Student Room Group

The REAL reason why guys dont ask girls out

I dont think anyones really touched on this before but sometimes guys dont mind asking the girl out. Its good to know how they actually feel about you and just ask.

Thing is Id have no problem doing asking girls out who I meet in random cities/towns or on one off events because I know if they reject me , Ill take it on the chin and am unlikely to see them again for the rest of my life

However, girls at uni or middle school, the situation is different. I can ask them out but if I get rejected I have to see them again and again constantly, most often everyday. (lessons, in halls etc)

Isn't that just embarrassing for both of us?

Also Id feel weird complimenting another girl romantically (or hitting on them for better wording) if a past girl of interest (someone who rejected me ) was in the same school just watching us, idk itd just be weird I swear!

Does anyone have experience

asking out ppl in their school / uni then....

getting rejected then....

continually seeing them in corridors/lessons after

is it as awkward as I think it is?

any opinions or advice welcome! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Fear of rejection is the one that stands out the most. What you think could happen when you see each other along the corridor is part of being afraid of rejection.
yea I think if you get rejected sometimes the girl will go around telling people
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
Fear of rejection is the one that stands out the most. What you think could happen when you see each other along the corridor is part of being afraid of rejection.

I dont actually fear rejection, I fear the future after the rejection and I speak from personal experience. I rly liked this girl and we seemed to have good chemistry but I asked her out and she gave a flat rejection. Its been awkward for both of us since, I just wonder if thats a one off or if my mind is just blowing things out of proportion? I guess I just need to read the signs better next time or lack thereof?

Original post by Angry Bird
yea I think if you get rejected sometimes the girl will go around telling people

and then ppl judge you like crazy and it gives a less than good impression if you become interested in some other girl later not even romantically but just as friends or something
I wondered why this guy I went school with( still know) liked me for two years and he didn't give no signs or even ask me out.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I wondered why this guy I went school with( still know) liked me for two years and he didn't give no signs or even ask me out.

this might not be the reason, tbh I think reading the right signs and going slow is probably the solution. Most of the times is just having the balls to ask,I have the balls to ask but I also use my brain before my heart and think logically about the embarrassment factor in future, maybe Im just too logical and reasoned ffs
I dont actually fear rejection, I fear the future after the rejection and I speak from personal experience. I rly liked this girl and we seemed to have good chemistry but I asked her out and she gave a flat rejection. Its been awkward for both of us since, I just wonder if thats a one off or if my mind is just blowing things out of proportion? I guess I just need to read the signs better next time or lack thereof?

and then ppl judge you like crazy and it gives a less than good impression if you become interested in some other girl later not even romantically but just as friends or something

exactly. They reject the guy and then gossip with their fat friends..
Reply 7
To sum up what I say, its like a maths equation,

the small chance that she likes me back is far outweighed by the future embarrassment weeks/months and that my impression to any other future girl will be tarnished by looking needy/desperate. It might even make the next girl Im interested in who is in the same school think they were a 2nd choice which is the LAST thing I want
Omfg,this thread tho
To sum up what I say, its like a maths equation,

the small chance that she likes me back is far outweighed by the future embarrassment weeks/months and that my impression to any other future girl will be tarnished by looking needy/desperate. It might even make the next girl Im interested in who is in the same school think they were a 2nd choice which is the LAST thing I want

that's why flirting was invented
not awkward at all. I only ask out girls I'm friends with usually (can't be arsed doing the whole 'dating' thing) and if they don't want to then it just carries on as normal lol.
Original post by HollyGeordie
I'm an Alpha male.

x

This copy/pasta's been boiling for too long. It's not al dente any more.
Original post by ChickenMadness
not awkward at all. I only ask out girls I'm friends with usually (can't be arsed doing the whole 'dating' thing) and if they don't want to then it just carries on as normal lol.

For the last 8 years of my life, ever since I’ve hit puberty, I’ve been forced to endure an existence of loneliness, rejection, and unfulfilled desires. All because girls have never been attracted to me.

Girls gave their affection, and sex, and love, to other men but never to me.

I’m 22 years old and I’m still a virgin. I’ve never even kissed a girl.

I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin.

It has been very torturous.

College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex, and fun, and pleasure. But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness.

It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me.

I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it.

It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentlemen.

I will punish all of you for it. (laughs)
I thought that guys didnt ask out girls cause some girls look intimidating, like they seem like they have high standards and are making a future for themselves. that is what i think
For the last 8 years of my life, ever since I’ve hit puberty, I’ve been forced to endure an existence of loneliness, rejection, and unfulfilled desires. All because girls have never been attracted to me.

I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin.

College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex, and fun, and pleasure. But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness.

I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it.

It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentlemen.

You're trying too hard, Jeff.

I was actually on the misc when he started making threads, I posted in some of them lmfao.
Original post by macromicro
You're trying too hard, Jeff.

http://i.imgur.com/CTjasyC.jpg

I was actually on the misc when he started making threads, I posted in some of them lmfao.

What did you post? :rofl:

http://i.amz.mshcdn.com/TTPG65btPKhNRGRTTcRqxY08JH4=/fit-in/1200x9600/http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F05%2F1scw8esp.wizardchan.1400923845892.png

Pretty sure I just posted generic 'manlets, when will they ever learn?' stuff lmao. Still can't believe that happened lol. Cus I remember everyone calling him a ******* (generic misc insults) and then he went and shot up a school. And then the threads after he died. Everyone who made threads about him got insta-banned.
Pretty sure I just posted generic 'manlets, when will they ever learn?' stuff lmao. Still can't believe that happened lol. Cus I remember everyone calling him a ******* (generic misc insults) and then he went and shot up a school. And then the threads after he died. Everyone who made threads about him got insta-banned.

Loool I got my first card for calling someone a p*****ot on TSR :rofl:

Yea its bad publicity for BB.com I guess

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbBcxOcoZ_4

savage :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
Loool I got my first card for calling someone a p*****ot on TSR :rofl:

Yea its bad publicity for BB.com I guess

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbBcxOcoZ_4

savage :rofl:

"would love to rape the **** out of this girl then she will have manlet babies and it will be the ultimate punishment for her raising my manlet ******* son. *****es need to remember a short guy is still their superior i can easily hold them down and pound their pussies at my will in a dark alley.
"
"There are actually "people" in this very comment section that aren't AT LEAST 8 feet tall. Disgusting."

lel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending