The Student Room Group

Halls Second Year?

Just started my second term, I don't want to live with the people I'm currently friends with. I haven't made any actual mates yet, I swear I haven't met a single decent person. Would living in halls again be a bad idea? eg. is it filled with weirdos
Reply 1
Original post by Alextaylor6
Just started my second term, I don't want to live with the people I'm currently friends with. I haven't made any actual mates yet, I swear I haven't met a single decent person. Would living in halls again be a bad idea? eg. is it filled with weirdos

It depends on the halls, if it's gonna be full of weirdos or freshers(IMO the latter is worse)
I personally wouldn't as halls are never like your "own" place
There are other places you can find friends, for example flat/house shares
Original post by elekro
It depends on the halls, if it's gonna be full of weirdos or freshers(IMO the latter is worse)
I personally wouldn't as halls are never like your "own" place
There are other places you can find friends, for example flat/house shares

I think my uni has set up halls just for second year, can you elaborate on the flat share thing?
Reply 3
I think my uni has set up halls just for second year, can you elaborate on the flat share thing?

go on like spare room and gumtree and there are people/students advertising rooms for rent in a flat. Some times it works out just fine and you become friends and all, sometimes you just hate each other, and some other times you're just indifferent about each other's existence. I was lucky enough to find the best flatmate in the world!
Depends, it worked out for me and I had second year hall mates, which were a lot better than my first year flat. I stayed in halls all three years of uni. I had a studio flat in third year which was brilliant. I had so much space, the studio I had was more like a one bed flat as it had a hall way, living room/kitchen and a separate bedroom/en-suite. It made my third year really nice as I was not sharing with others. I had a nice quiet space to live and work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

Not really. There is a minority that do choose to continue living in halls (if they are able) purely because it is easier, they are comfortable and don't have to go through the stress of moving again. It depends what you class as weirdos - there will be a mixture of people!

Only way to know, is to do!
Reply 6

You might meet a wide variety good bad and weird if you move in to halls again, that way you could make new friends and possibly get a place together the following year (Zoë- Glyndwr university)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending