The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton university primary ed interview HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Emma322
Hey
I had an interview at Brighton too and have had an offer, I'm really pleased.
Just choosing between Brighton and Chichester at the moment! x

Congratulations!
You so know you want to come to Brighton with us =P lol

Good luck deciding :smile:
xx
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 41
becagomes
what day is your interview?
You seem very prepared so you will be totally fine :smile: Feel free to ask me anything, but you seem to be much more prepared than anyone else will be.

Heyy, sorry to bother you but I have my interview for Brighton on Tuesday and I am absolutely petrified haha. Just wondering if you could give me any tips? That would be brilliant as it would be my first choice, and insurance would be Canterbury :smile: Thank youu
Reply 42
I've got my interview on May 4th!
I applied back in December so they are definitely taking a while to go through applicants!
I'm a bit nervous about it, in the end I didn't go to 3 of my other interviews, I'm only going to this one and I got into Durham. But this is the uni I really want to go to!
Do any of you know if it is still the same group task and writing task that the people earlier on in this had in January?
I don't want to end up figuring out what I'd do for that and then it be something different!
Reply 43
emilie1
I applied back in December so they are definitely taking a while to go through applicants!
I'm a bit nervous about it, in the end I didn't go to 3 of my other interviews, I'm only going to this one and I got into Durham. But this is the uni I really want to go to!
Do any of you know if it is still the same group task and writing task that the people earlier on in this had in January?
I don't want to end up figuring out what I'd do for that and then it be something different!

I was going to post some advice but realised you'll be there today so it'd be too late! I've accepted brighton as my firm choice and the interview wasnt so bad. Hope you got on okay? :smile:
becagomes
I just replied to my offers. I put Brighton down as my firm and canterbury christ church as my insurance. Its exiting but im scared ive rushed it! Hopefully everything will go to plan.
:smile:

Ive just done exactly the same thing, Brighton as firm, Canterbury Christ Church as reserve... but i really dont know if its the right way around! It was one of those "oh stuff it, i'm going to brighton" moments. Ah well... hope everything works for everyone! =)

emilie1

I had my interview then too! i think you may have been in my group for the group task? (and well done for Durham =), i got rejected from Durham!!)
did you get a place?
Original post by becagomes
hi, sorry i only just saw your post.
They sent me a letter about the interview, but i dont think they sent me an email (some unis do both).
I sent of my application on the 15th of october, you?
I just found out today that they offered me a place so im really pleased :smile:
When's your interview? Feel free to ask me any questions about it

Hello. I have an interview for the University of Brighton in a few days, though not for the same course. I was just wondering, what did you have to bring in to your interview besides your education certificates? They don't make it very clear. Thank you and Congrats for getting in.
Original post by Zairanang
Hello. I have an interview for the University of Brighton in a few days, though not for the same course. I was just wondering, what did you have to bring in to your interview besides your education certificates? They don't make it very clear. Thank you and Congrats for getting in.

Hey, Just seen this thread. How did you get on at your interview? What was the writing task like? Have mine soon so am starting to feel a bit nervous
Original post by SarahR74
Hey, Just seen this thread. How did you get on at your interview? What was the writing task like? Have mine soon so am starting to feel a bit nervous

The tests were easy. They gave us 15 mins for the English test and 15 for the maths test. For the English test, we were given a choice to either write a price on why we want to do the course we applied for or write about our experience doing some relevant shadowing. The maths test was relatively simple, with each question being a mark. We had to get at least 50% to pass the tests. The interview itself was alright. Just stay confident and if you're truly passionate about the course, they'll be able to tell. :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Zairanang
The tests were easy. They gave us 15 mins for the English test and 15 for the maths test. For the English test, we were given a choice to either write a price on why we want to do the course we applied for or write about our experience doing some relevant shadowing. The maths test was relatively simple, with each question being a mark. We had to get at least 50% to pass the tests. The interview itself was alright. Just stay confident and if you're truly passionate about the course, they'll be able to tell. :smile:
Zairananag? As you posted, what do you actually need to bring to your interview? Also what were the caliber of the maths questions (ie simple addition, multiplication, division ect) and what did you write about during the English test?
Lastly i just read about the proffesional skills test, does this need to be completed prior to the interview or can be be done after, and if so how can it be done?
Cheers
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ollie102
Zairananag? As you posted, what do you actually need to bring to your interview? Also what were the caliber of the maths questions (ie simple addition, multiplication, division ect) and what did you write about during the English test?
Lastly i just read about the proffesional skills test, does this need to be completed prior to the interview or can be be done after, and if so how can it be done?
Cheers

I had to bring my passport, birth certificate, driver's licence and all school certificates. The maths questions were relatively simple and included real-life scenarios like how you measure out medicine. I assume this was because my course was a healthcare one. A lot of the questions included converting measurements like from litres to millilitres. During the English test, I wrote about work I did shadowing a podiatrist. I talked about what I observed and learnt from the experience. I've didn't do a professional skills test for my course. I hope I was helpful.
Hi guys!

Been reading through this thread, I have my Brighton university tomorrow!

Has the structure of the interviews changed since these replies in the forum - anyone who's had an interview recently knows? I'm a bit nervous about the possibility of maths and English tests, along with a presentation, although I can be confident when I need to be so hopefully it'll be fine.

Anyone?
Original post by katyhanx
Hi guys!

Been reading through this thread, I have my Brighton university tomorrow!

Has the structure of the interviews changed since these replies in the forum - anyone who's had an interview recently knows? I'm a bit nervous about the possibility of maths and English tests, along with a presentation, although I can be confident when I need to be so hopefully it'll be fine.

Anyone?

Hi! How was your interview? I have mine in two weeks and I was just wondering how it went?!
Reply 52
Original post by laurenmorgan
Hi! How was your interview? I have mine in two weeks and I was just wondering how it went?!

Do you have your interview on the 26th? That's when I have mine!
Original post by mdc31

No, Mine's on the 25th.
Original post by laurenmorgan
No, Mine's on the 25th.

Mine's on the 25th too!
Original post by gabbyslater
Mine's on the 25th too!

I've cancelled mine now, sorry!
Reply 56
Original post by mdc31

Mines on the 26th!'
Reply 57
Original post by tiabryen
Mines on the 26th!'

Ahh, glad I won't be the only one! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending