The Student Room Group

My IGCSE result is bad

Hi Everyone, I am From Malaysia and currently 17 years old. just got my result today and quite disappointed. i got all three CHEM, BIO and PHYS a C's while English is B. ADD MATH and MATH are both ungraded but i think it will be D. So is this all over for me? i have been home schooled for more than 3 years, felt depressed and its hard studying at home when there so much distraction. I have always been fascinated in science and engineering. My ambition was to be an engineer. but with my bad result, should i reconsider a different ambition? i just dont know what to do right now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Matsu
Hi Everyone, I am From Malaysia and currently 17 years old. just got my result today and quite disappointed. i got all three CHEM, BIO and PHYS a C's while English is B. ADD MATH and MATH are both ungraded but i think it will be D. So is this all over for me? i have been home schooled for more than 3 years, felt depressed and its hard studying at home when there so much distraction. I have always been fascinated in science and engineering. My ambition was to be an engineer. but with my bad result, should i reconsider a different ambition? i just dont know what to do right now.

sorry to here that you probably did better than me.
Reply 2
Original post by Matsu

Hi! The B in English is excellent and the Cs in science are great. Although, I understand, you want to be an engineer, but couldn't you resit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jacko1234
sorry to here that you probably did better than me.

thanks for replying. i am sorry if i am just complaining about my result even though it might be better than someone else. But really, i expect better grade than that though
Reply 4
Original post by Nye2001
Hi! The B in English is excellent and the Cs in science are great. Although, I understand, you want to be an engineer, but couldn't you resit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

problem is should i even do that? it might take too long. I could just focus on A level but if i found a good place to go. but right now, i am just not so sure.
Reply 5
Original post by Matsu
problem is should i even do that? it might take too long. I could just focus on A level but if i found a good place to go. but right now, i am just not so sure.

Personally, I would probably do a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest