The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vincrows
Re-interviewee? If so, give it another day or two.
If a direct applicant, maybe it's a good idea to give them a ring and ask.

yeah I was reinterviewed last Thursday. How long does it usually take for people to find out??
I was told they usually finish updating UCAS by Friday but try and communicate decisions in person before then for the two colleges I was reinterviewed at

@somebodyelse98
Original post by epsilondelta
I was told they usually finish updating UCAS by Friday but try and communicate decisions in person before then for the two colleges I was reinterviewed at

@somebodyelse98

okay, thanks so much! where/what were you reinterviewed for?? do you have any idea if they will be sending emails or letters, as I guess now they just want to get the decisions to people ASAP so might just be an email regardless of college policy???? idk though, what do you think?
Original post by somebodyelse98
yeah I was reinterviewed last Thursday. How long does it usually take for people to find out??

Hard to tell as the situation they have can be a little complicated.
If they re-interviewed several poolees they want to finish all re-interviews before they decide, obviously, and in some cases they may want to adjust the final places of acceptance between a few courses; like if they got very strong re-interviewees for one course more than they have available place/s for the course, they may want to give them offers and reducing a numbers of place for another course who also has re-interviewee/s. And obviously there is to be a discussion and agreement on what to do between the people concerned; i.e. AT, DoS of relevant courses.
Sometimes things are not as simple as outsiders can see or thinks.
okay, thanks so much! where/what were you reinterviewed for?? do you have any idea if they will be sending emails or letters, as I guess now they just want to get the decisions to people ASAP so might just be an email regardless of college policy???? idk though, what do you think?

not necessarily. It'd depends on colleges.
And my advice stays the same. :wink:
Very best of luck. Hope you get a good news you're hoping for. :smile:

The admissions secretary explained that it can sometimes take a bit longer just for paperwork to come from other colleges and for coordination between admissions secretaries to transfer applicants etc.. To be honest the way she was speaking suggested that it was either a phone call or an email because she said she would try and tell me by the end of the day yesterday.

I was reinterviewed for law at Hughes hall and st edmund's ☺️ I assume st edmund's haven't taken me because I'm still waiting, so either an offer from Hughes hall coming my way or a rejection from wolfson. I think the latter would be a letter so probably best to check all forms of communication!
nothing in the post today either... is anyone planning on contacting Selwyn and asking them when/how they plan on letting us know??

Ah man, I was considering leaving early to see if it had come, as well:frown: I know I'm being super impatient (because it's probably a lot more complicated than it appears from the outside), but I'm getting so, so desperate to know!:sad:
Original post by bethipayne
Ah man, I was considering leaving early to see if it had come, as well:frown: I know I'm being super impatient (because it's probably a lot more complicated than it appears from the outside), but I'm getting so, so desperate to know!:sad:

Same here 😭😭😭
nothing in the post today either... is anyone planning on contacting Selwyn and asking them when/how they plan on letting us know??

My Mam got sick of waiting, I've had mock exams, and nothing to us either. She emailed them, apparently we will all get an email by the end of today 🙈🙈🙈
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gold-Confetti
My Mam got sick of waiting, I've had mock exams, and nothing to us either. She emailed them, apparently we will all get an email by the end of today 🙈🙈🙈

Ohmy gosh, seriously?! I'm kind of freaking out right now in a silent study space... I really, really hope they meant it when they said that!!:yay:

Why do Cambridge re-interview and Oxford don't?
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I have been sobbing in my room for the past ten minutes :frown: tag me in any Sherlock discourse if there isn't any

I'm a mess :redface:

Im in literal mourning over how much I love this show and Sherlock Holmes

Very emotional over here

The last Sherlock episode was utterly sh*t...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by auburnstar

Not an expert on this (Cambridge applicant, just heard this from a friend), but apparently their 'pooling' system is done during the time they're in Oxford for interview - because they do it over a longer period of time, the colleges usually fit the 'pooled' candidates in within the time they're down there anyway.

(again, this is literally just how my friend explained it to me, it's probably more complex!)
Original post by auburnstar

Because they have multiple interviews at multiple colleges in December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xiuchen
my dreams have been destroyed... I just gotta move on with life and stay positive :smile:

I Felt
the same way. I believe they weighted the NSAA much more heavily than we expected in deciding the outcomes of peoples' applications.
Original post by Gold-Confetti

Fair enough to email them to be honest! Good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethipayne
Ohmy gosh, seriously?! I'm kind of freaking out right now in a silent study space... I really, really hope they meant it when they said that!!:yay:

Oh my god same, they were really sorry it was taking so long apparently. They were still interviewing on Saturday, so apparently it's the sheer amount of reinterviewee's that's slowing everything down.

I'm so scared 😭😭😭
Just got the email - no offer, unfortunately. A pity to be honest, I'm sure I would have loved it there!

Best of luck to the rest of you - we've all got this far, whatever happens, congratulations well deserved!!
Original post by epsilondelta
Fair enough to email them to be honest! Good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was gonna wait till tomorrow before I got in touch with them but my parents are probably more eager than me haha! I was sitting a history mock so I was none the wiser 😂 Thank you!
Original post by Student1256
I Felt
the same way. I believe they weighted the NSAA much more heavily than we expected in deciding the outcomes of peoples' applications.

Not according to the CAT in her feedback thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending