The Student Room Group

UCAS and no predicted grades

Hi guys, I am in a bit of a situation here so any help would be highly appreciated.

I am currently working as a C# apprentice during my gap year. I applied to UCAS as an private candidate on the 14th (yes, I know... a bit late) to study Computer Science. Most of my choices have entry requirements of AAB. For my A-levels I got BBC and am resitting 5 exams externally this year hoping to bump that up to AAB (or with some luck A*AB).

Now here is the issue. For my reference, I contacted my old Maths teacher who was happy to write me a reference. However, I forgot to talk to him about my predicted grades and the fact that I am resitting (my fault, trust me I know). He told me that he hasn't entered any and that he has "left them at my discretion".

I am not sure what to do now. Anyone been in this situation before? Any input?

Thanks.
Original post by formatix
Hi guys, I am in a bit of a situation here so any help would be highly appreciated.

I am currently working as a C# apprentice during my gap year. I applied to UCAS as an private candidate on the 14th (yes, I know... a bit late) to study Computer Science. Most of my choices have entry requirements of AAB. For my A-levels I got BBC and am resitting 5 exams externally this year hoping to bump that up to AAB (or with some luck A*AB).

Now here is the issue. For my reference, I contacted my old Maths teacher who was happy to write me a reference. However, I forgot to talk to him about my predicted grades and the fact that I am resitting (my fault, trust me I know). He told me that he hasn't entered any and that he has "left them at my discretion".

I am not sure what to do now. Anyone been in this situation before? Any input?

Thanks.

That means you have no official predictions.

Contact your universities once you get your welcome email from UCAS.

Explain that you're resitting privately and aiming for A*AB but that because you're not studying your referee wasn't able to provide a prediction.

Universities don't often use predictions to decide who gets an offer anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
That means you have no official predictions.

Contact your universities once you get your welcome email from UCAS.

Explain that you're resitting privately and aiming for A*AB but that because you're not studying your referee wasn't able to provide a prediction.

Universities don't often use predictions to decide who gets an offer anyway.

Ok, I will try that today. Thanks a lot for the quick response.
Reply 3
hi everyone , just a quick question , if my referee forgot to put my predicted grades but i haven't paid for the ucas application yet , can she fill them in ? before i send my application to universities ? If not what do i do she hasn't put any predicted grades
Reply 4
Original post by ElsaGh
hi everyone , just a quick question , if my referee forgot to put my predicted grades but i haven't paid for the ucas application yet , can she fill them in ? before i send my application to universities ? If not what do i do she hasn't put any predicted grades

Yes she can update her reference if you haven't yet sent it to UCAS.
Reply 5
Original post by Doonesbury
Yes she can update her reference if you haven't yet sent it to UCAS.

great thank you for your help
how? i mean is there any button or link that she has to click?
Original post by Tulikaahuja_
how? i mean is there any button or link that she has to click?

If you’re applying through a centre then your referee can do this.

If you’re applying as an individual then you need to phone ucas for help.

Latest

Trending

Trending