The Student Room Group

What do I need to get 2:1 in my final Year?

Grades from second year (I uni at started in second year didn't do first Year) I did a HND.

53.5%
45.1%
44.1%
46.4%
60%

I got overall : 49.82% Which is bad. :frown:
Reply 1
BUMP
Reply 2
Original post by abdul201588
BUMP

How are the second and third years weighted? They may not each contribute half of your final mark.

Mine were weighted 40:60. If your degree does that, then you need to average 68% in your third year to get you over 60%, which is the standard threshold for a 2:1.
Reply 3
Original post by Klix88
How are the second and third years weighted? They may not each contribute half of your final mark.

Mine were weighted 40:60. If your degree does that, then you need to average 68% in your third year to get you over 60%, which is the standard threshold for a 2:1.

Hello, it's the highest from second year. Which 60%

I'm studying at Birmingham City University.
Grades from second year (I uni at started in second year didn't do first Year) I did a HND.

53.5%
45.1%
44.1%
46.4%
60%

I got overall : 49.82% Which is bad. :frown:

"The Examination Board will consider the overall average of the best Level 5 marks achieved in modules equivalent to 30 credits and the best Level 6 marks in modules equivalent to 90 credits" http://www.bcu.ac.uk/cmsproxyimage?path=/_media/docs/suar%20regulations%20version%204.pdf

How many credits were each of these modules? Without that information it isn't possible to calculate the second year marks that will count towards your degree classification.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
"The Examination Board will consider the overall average of the best Level 5 marks achieved in modules equivalent to 30 credits and the best Level 6 marks in modules equivalent to 90 credits" http://www.bcu.ac.uk/cmsproxyimage?path=/_media/docs/suar%20regulations%20version%204.pdf

How many credits were each of these modules? Without that information it isn't possible to calculate the second year marks that will count towards your degree classification.

Hey there, thanks for helping out

These are my grades:

Hey there, thanks for helping out

These are my grades:

You should speak to your tutor to find out how they'll handle your second highest mark coming from a 30 credit module.

Assuming they weight it as 15 credits then you've got 56.75% from your second year.

To get a 2i you need 60% overall - which means you need to average 61-62% from your best 90 credits in your third year.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
You should speak to your tutor to find out how they'll handle your second highest mark coming from a 30 credit module.

Assuming they weight it as 15 credits then you've got 56.75% from your second year.

To get a 2i you need 60% overall - which means you need to average 61-62% from your best 90 credits in your third year.

Alright, Thanks for your help. Btw how did you work out % for my second year?
Alright, Thanks for your help. Btw how did you work out % for my second year?

I assumed that the 60% and 53.5% would be weighted equally as 15 credits each (as they only count the top 30 credits) - so (60+53.5)/2
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
I assumed that the 60% and 53.5% would be weighted equally as 15 credits each (as they only count the top 30 credits) - so (60+53.5)/2

Alright. Thank you very much. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest