The Student Room Group

When will Oxford update my UCAS?

Hi,

So I got a rejection email from Oxford but I just wanted to know when they'll update my UCAS. I really want to apply to the other unis now but I have to wait for all the decisions to come in. The other four unis have given me offers but I can't choose until Oxford update it. Should I permanently withdraw it as a choice from UCAS if they're going to take ages?
Original post by phchropa
Hi,

So I got a rejection email from Oxford but I just wanted to know when they'll update my UCAS. I really want to apply to the other unis now but I have to wait for all the decisions to come in. The other four unis have given me offers but I can't choose until Oxford update it. Should I permanently withdraw it as a choice from UCAS if they're going to take ages?

Hiya! They update UCAS 'by the end of January', but don't give any specific date
Hi,

Hi,

I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. Oxford advised that UCAS Track will update by the end of the month (because they send all their offers out at the same time, unlike most other universities, they can't update everyone's straight away) :h:
Reply 3
Original post by hhealey13
Hiya! They update UCAS 'by the end of January', but don't give any specific date

Thanks!
Reply 4
Hi,

They updated mine, post-rejection last year on the 26th Jan. You could withdraw if you're not interested in any feedback, however there's no need to rush choosing your firm/insurance either, you have until May to do that - but what do you mean by wanting to apply to other unis since the deadline has passed?
Hi,

Why do you need the rejection to come through?

You have ages to choose your firm; please don't rush to make the decision.
Reply 6
Original post by Barbastelle
Hi,

I'm sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. Oxford advised that UCAS Track will update by the end of the month (because they send all their offers out at the same time, unlike most other universities, they can't update everyone's straight away) :h:

Yeah of course, thank you!
Yeah of course, thank you!

You're welcome! Good luck wherever you choose to study :h:
Reply 8
Original post by bj1
They updated mine, post-rejection last year on the 26th Jan. You could withdraw if you're not interested in any feedback, however there's no need to rush choosing your firm/insurance either, you have until May to do that - but what do you mean by wanting to apply to other unis since the deadline has passed?

I mean making my choices when I say apply, sorry. I want to 'apply' to Manchester and Southampton but can't until Oxford update UCAS :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
Why do you need the rejection to come through?

You have ages to choose your firm; please don't rush to make the decision.

True that :biggrin:
Reply 10
I mean making my choices when I say apply, sorry. I want to 'apply' to Manchester and Southampton but can't until Oxford update UCAS :smile:

Ah, got it. Good choices, as I say if you're 100% sure then go for it! Nice to see an Oxford reject choose Manchester* rather than the usual Durham/UCL, etc. I didn't choose mine till the day before the deadline and didn't get in to either of them anyway, applied to my '3rd choice' via clearing!

(*I'm not affiliated with the university, but I am from Manchester :wink: )
Reply 11
Original post by bj1
Ah, got it. Good choices, as I say if you're 100% sure then go for it! Nice to see an Oxford reject choose Manchester* rather than the usual Durham/UCL, etc. I didn't choose mine till the day before the deadline and didn't get in to either of them anyway, applied to my '3rd choice' via clearing!

(*I'm not affiliated with the university, but I am from Manchester :wink: )

Haha yeah, when I went to interviews everyone's Plan B was Durham! I really wanted to go for something really different and diverse. In the end, I wasn't all that upset about Oxford, disappointed but actually weirdly relieved. Manchester seems so so right! :smile:

Where did you go for in the end?
Reply 12
Haha yeah, when I went to interviews everyone's Plan B was Durham! I really wanted to go for something really different and diverse. In the end, I wasn't all that upset about Oxford, disappointed but actually weirdly relieved. Manchester seems so so right! :smile:

Where did you go for in the end?

Nottingham, natural sciences. I really liked the campus and course during the open day, but NatSci unlike single sciences has a higher entry requirement which put me off making them insurance (they gave me an unconditional - but only if I firmed them). So I ended up putting the two least lenient universities down (Durham/Ucl), only to miss by a grade, but Notts lowered the entry requirement for clearing. On the other hand I've met plenty of Durham rejects here, probably enough to make a society!

What have you applied for?
Reply 13
Original post by bj1
Nottingham, natural sciences. I really liked the campus and course during the open day, but NatSci unlike single sciences has a higher entry requirement which put me off making them insurance (they gave me an unconditional - but only if I firmed them). So I ended up putting the two least lenient universities down (Durham/Ucl), only to miss by a grade, but Notts lowered the entry requirement for clearing. On the other hand I've met plenty of Durham rejects here, probably enough to make a society!

What have you applied for?

Yeah, it is similar for me. I've an unconditional offer from UEA if I put them as my firm, but since I didn't really like the university enough it's pointless just choosing them for that. I've applied for History and English. What's Nottingham like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending