The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Are these rejections for a100 or a101
Original post by rhemaehi
Rejection on track. That's the third one this year. The last one is edinburgh. This just sucks.

You only need one interview anyway. Good luck for Edinburgh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 942
How did the A101 interviews go today?
Sorry for those who just now got the results. All the best for your other interview offers. If you dont mind can you please share your stats and whether home or international applicant. Thanks
Yep, rejection for a100 as expected! Good luck to everyone! ^_^
Original post by michellem3
I have achieved 2.1 and 634 ukcat and still haven't heard...

It's pointless applying to barts with a 2.1, we would need a really high ukcat score to make up for the difference! Hope you didn't get the rejection today though!
I find barts to be a load of crap with their selection of interview if they say they invite based just on tariff points and ukcat when an international student gets an interview with 3A*Aa and 666 ukcat and I, another international student, don't get one with 4.5 A* and 703, I mean higher tariff and ukcat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, rejected both for A101 and A100.

stats:
home student
A*A* predicted
1st class degree in non-science
UKCAT 683

Has anyone been offered an interview to either of these programmes with lower UKCAT?
Original post by Mo_elheramy
I find barts to be a load of crap with their selection of interview if they say they invite based just on tariff points and ukcat when an international student gets an interview with 3A*Aa and 666 ukcat and I, another international student, don't get one with 4.5 A* and 703, I mean higher tariff and ukcat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Barts selection process is weird. My rejection on track gave this reason:
"Increased competition - We take all aspects of your application into careful consideration; we look at the merits of your personal statement, academic reference, predicted and actual grades. Due to competition for places, we do not make offers purely on the basis of meeting the grade requirements."

So I guess they DO look at our PS lol so its not just based on the 50:50 academic weighting only.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rejection here as well.

I noticed that (people with similar/lower stats getting interviews) a few times. I guess they do end up basing their choices a bit more holistically... which is fine, but they shouldn't then say it is all about academic ability and UKCAT. Ah, well!

Congrats to those who did get an interview, and best of luck!
Original post by AspireExcite
Yeah Barts selection process is weird. My rejection on track gave this reason:
"Increased competition - We take all aspects of your application into careful consideration; we look at the merits of your personal statement, academic reference, predicted and actual grades. Due to competition for places, we do not make offers purely on the basis of meeting the grade requirements."

So I guess they DO look at our PS lol so its not just based on the 50:50 academic weighting only.

That's just the general response for all qmul applicants that get rejected, on their website it says that they don't look at your personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejected also, but I'm not too bothered, kinda expected it :P

Stats: 7A*s, 1A, 3B - GCSE
A*A*A - Predicted
680 - UKCAT

Congratulations to those that got offers ^^
That's just the general response for all qmul applicants that get rejected, on their website it says that they don't look at your personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see, I just thought, along with the comments above about applicants with similar/lower scores that received interviews, perhaps there was more of a holistic approach rather than just the acad weighting... so the response made sense xD Didn't know it was generic :smile:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1484673963.952274.jpg

It's on their website, but I just think there's something shady tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1484673963.952274.jpg

It's on their website, but I just think there's something shady tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I've read through and knew I wouldn't have a chance so I'm not complaining, but I agree with you that they are shady. Grads with 2.1 have no chance, they favour grads with 1sts, so it's essentially a wasted application and yet, by being shady they give hope to candidates T_T
Original post by ArtScience
I am sorry that you got rejected!
Is it for the A100 course?

Do you have other unis that you have applied to?

Yes - the A100 course. Also been rejected from Exeter. Got an invitation to interview at Keele today (minutes before I got this rejection). I'm just waiting to hear back from Southampton. How about you?
Just got my rejection through track. International student - 43 IB and 693 UKCAT. Two rejections in one day kinda sucks but hopefully I'll ace my 2 interviews!
Original post by joeforde
Yes - the A100 course. Also been rejected from Exeter. Got an invitation to interview at Keele today (minutes before I got this rejection). I'm just waiting to hear back from Southampton. How about you?

I have only applied to Barts and KCL. Rejected from Barts and waiting for KCL. Already gearing up for a KCL rejection.
I just received my rejection
Original post by riyaaaaa
Just got my rejection through track. International student - 43 IB and 693 UKCAT. Two rejections in one day kinda sucks but hopefully I'll ace my 2 interviews!

Me too. I'm international as well, I just got a rejection. But I don't understand, you have such high ukcat score!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending