The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student1256
I know I already saw that and wished I had applied to christ's 😂
tbh I wish they keep the format the same and don't make the NSAA a determining factor next year either because I fear they might since this was their test year and they didn't wanna put that much weightage on it but things may change next year.

As I mentioned to Forecast - her comment wasn't afaik Christ's specific.
Original post by jneill
Your original college.

Fab - thank you! I'll wait for the letter to come in before I do anything:smile:
Original post by bethipayne
Fab - thank you! I'll wait for the letter to come in before I do anything:smile:

And see my edit :smile:
Original post by jneill

Exeter will keep you fit :smile:

Dat hills...

Haha - very, very true! It had me winded when I went there for an open day... And I'm pretty used to them - I have to walk up/down some pretty severe hills for sixth form every day!:laugh:
Well this is just bloody fantastic. I've waited patiently all afternoon not wanting to pester them. Now that it's past 5 I emailed them scared in case they'd shut. We also called 3 times and it went straight to answering machine. Looks like the office is shut.

So much for "you'll know by the end of today"
I'm so annoyed.
Haha - very, very true! It had me winded when I went there for an open day... And I'm pretty used to them - I have to walk up/down some pretty severe hills for sixth form every day!:laugh:

Yep Bristol is quite hilly, but one at Exeter Uni is known locally as Cardiac Hill :smile:
Just got the email - no offer, unfortunately. A pity to be honest, I'm sure I would have loved it there!

Best of luck to the rest of you - we've all got this far, whatever happens, congratulations well deserved!!

Not being accepted is not the same as being rejected. 🙂
The fact they took so long suggests that you might have been under consideration up to the last moment.
Keep your chin up, and good luck for wherever you go.
Original post by Gold-Confetti
Well this is just bloody fantastic. I've waited patiently all afternoon not wanting to pester them. Now that it's past 5 I emailed them scared in case they'd shut. We also called 3 times and it went straight to answering machine. Looks like the office is shut.

I'm so annoyed.

I think you are now within your rights to pester them just a bit tomorrow. :biggrin:

I'm so annoyed.

If you get angry enough then you will be less bothered if you don't get an offer.😄😈
Original post by fablereader
I think you are now within your rights to pester them just a bit tomorrow. :biggrin:

They'll be getting a phone call from me at 9am tomorrow haha! The funny thing is, I wouldn't have even been bothered if they hadn't told me I'd know by the end of today. I've spent the last few hours anxiously refreshing my emails though :frown:
Perhaps no news is good news? Or maybe that's wishful thinking.
Original post by Bunratty
If you get angry enough then you will be less bothered if you don't get an offer.😄😈

That's true haha! I was so annoyed when I realised I wouldn't be hearing tonight that if I'd gotten a rejection at that moment I probably wouldn't have been all too affected by it :rofl:
Original post by somebodyelse98
okay, thanks so much! where/what were you reinterviewed for?? do you have any idea if they will be sending emails or letters, as I guess now they just want to get the decisions to people ASAP so might just be an email regardless of college policy???? idk though, what do you think?

Hey, did you hear back from Selwyn tonight? Everyone was supposed to receive a decision by the end of today, but I'm still waiting. Just wondering whether I'm the only one haha!
That's true haha! I was so annoyed when I realised I wouldn't be hearing tonight that if I'd gotten a rejection at that moment I probably wouldn't have been all too affected by it :rofl:

That's the spirit!😈
Remember not being accepted is not the same as being rejected. They can't take everyone.
That's the spirit!😈
Remember not being accepted is not the same as being rejected. They can't take everyone.

Haha! I know, at this point it is what it is, but I'd quite like to actually be put out of my misery one way or another when everyone else seems to have been by now :rofl:
Haha! I know, at this point it is what it is, but I'd quite like to actually be put out of my misery one way or another when everyone else seems to have been by now :rofl:

Which college are you waiting to hear from?
Which college are you waiting to hear from?

Selwyn :smile:
They'll be getting a phone call from me at 9am tomorrow haha! The funny thing is, I wouldn't have even been bothered if they hadn't told me I'd know by the end of today. I've spent the last few hours anxiously refreshing my emails though :frown:
Perhaps no news is good news? Or maybe that's wishful thinking.

Be the devil of pestering! :biggrin:

Basic mathematics equation: wait x potential Oxbridge offer/rejection = agony.
Original post by fablereader
Be the devil of pestering! :biggrin:

Basic mathematics equation: wait x potential Oxbridge offer/rejection = agony.

I just wish I'd pestered half an hour earlier- I might have gotten an answer then haha!
I just wish I'd pestered half an hour earlier- I might have gotten an answer then haha!

Have you seriously not gotten an answer after they said today 😂😂😂 ah man I'm sorry, we can die waiting together haha

Maybe. I doubt I would have done different. I think to myself, 'They're probably really busy and they say they'll have it done, so I'll wait and not bother them,' and they probably are busy, but then they don't respond by when they say and - the pestering can officially commence

Latest

Trending

Trending