The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

What to do if a University wants you to get a grade in a subject you do not study?

The University of Birmingham have sent me an offer asking that I get an A in Government & Politics. I do not study this subject so am wondering what I should do. The course is Economics L100, they had not asked for this subject anywhere on their website.
Reply 1
Email or phone them about it. Since you do not take it, there is no way they can include it in your offer. They might have got yours mixed up with someone else's or something.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by Michiyo
Email or phone them about it. Since you do not take it, there is no way they can include it in your offer. They might have got yours mixed up with someone else's or something.

Thank you, I will do this, just wondering how it played out for others.
Reply 3
Original post by JWaters
Thank you, I will do this, just wondering how it played out for others.

It most likely did not play out in any way since as far as I know, universities are not allowed to ask you for a subject you do not study in their offer. If you take English literature, history, and psychology, they can ask for A in history, but not for A in mathematics because you do not take mathematics.

Since they do not ask for that subject in their standard entry requirements, there was definitely a mistake here. Do not worry about it. :h:

If it was not a mistake, which I would find absurd... Good luck trying to learn A-level politics in the time you have left or reject their offer.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending