The Student Room Group

Firming Cambridge vs Newcastle

Ive been having a bit of a long and hard debate about which uni would be better for the studying Architecture, as well as for the social scene and societies.
Is anyone in a similar situation? Has someone studied at either uni and what were your experiences? Thanks :wink:
Reply 1
Newcastle, Cambridge sucks
Cambridge is better objectively, but I know people who did the course there and hated it. Newcastle is good too though.
Reply 3
Original post by Farchitect
Cambridge is better objectively, but I know people who did the course there and hated it. Newcastle is good too though.

That's exactly what I'm worried about, going there and realising it's not much else besides the name. I guess I'll have to visit the faculty and take another look :tongue:
Original post by mrolegkorol
That's exactly what I'm worried about, going there and realising it's not much else besides the name. I guess I'll have to visit the faculty and take another look :tongue:

The faculty is really nice, if very small, so that won't really help. You need to get some impartial insight on the course. Maybe head to their degree shower in the summer, it's usually in London somewhere.
Reply 5
Original post by Farchitect
The faculty is really nice, if very small, so that won't really help. You need to get some impartial insight on the course. Maybe head to their degree shower in the summer, it's usually in London somewhere.

Thanks for the reply, I'll take a trip up there before Easter. I can't really be waiting around til summer, I need to firm a uni a lot sooner :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending