The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epsilondelta
Have you seriously not gotten an answer after they said today 😂😂😂 ah man I'm sorry, we can die waiting together haha

Oh yes, satan himself was sent to fill me with false hope today :rofl:
I've decided to scrap this entire "wait patiently" thing, as they seem to have missed me out! Nah, they must've just not gotten around to everyone.

I'm just going to call in the morning and beg them to put me out of my misery haha :smile:
Original post by fablereader
Maybe. I doubt I would have done different. I think to myself, 'They're probably really busy and they say they'll have it done, so I'll wait and not bother them,' and they probably are busy, but then they don't respond by when they say and - the pestering can officially commence

I know, I really didn't want to pester at all, I think I said sorry about 3 times in my email haha, I'm just a bit irritated that I thought I would know by now but in reality I'm still slowly dying from the agony of an extended wait :rofl:
I'll call first thing tomorrow and hopefully it'll all be over soon!
Original post by Gold-Confetti
Oh yes, satan himself was sent to fill me with false hope today :rofl:
I've decided to scrap this entire "wait patiently" thing, as they seem to have missed me out! Nah, they must've just not gotten around to everyone.

I'm just going to call in the morning and beg them to put me out of my misery haha :smile:

I was expecting to hear today as well to be honest, they said yesterday that I'd find out then or today. I just hope it's not because they've told wolfson to send me a rejection letter 😩

You should definitely do that tomorrow. Good luck!!
Well this is just bloody fantastic. I've waited patiently all afternoon not wanting to pester them. Now that it's past 5 I emailed them scared in case they'd shut. We also called 3 times and it went straight to answering machine. Looks like the office is shut.

So much for "you'll know by the end of today"
I'm so annoyed.

That's awful! I can't believe they'd do that even after emailing you explicitly saying you'd know by today... I sincerely hope you hear back from them tomorrow - they owe you that much! Pester, pester, pester as much as you are able!!

(you should demand an offer as reparations for being made to wait for so long:tongue:)
Original post by jneill
Yep Bristol is quite hilly, but one at Exeter Uni is known locally as Cardiac Hill :smile:

Oh boy. Seems like I might need to do some special hill-walking training before I head to uni... :cute:
Original post by Bunratty
Not being accepted is not the same as being rejected. 🙂
The fact they took so long suggests that you might have been under consideration up to the last moment.
Keep your chin up, and good luck for wherever you go.

I'd never thought of it that way before - it's true, the difference between a rejection and being unable to make an offer is rather significant. Can't help but think I was the unfortunate "worst of a good bunch", but I'm sure they made the judgement (knowing the uni as well as they do) with the thought in mind that I would simply thrive elsewhere.

At least I can say I've had 4 separate interviews at Cambridge - and oh boy, was it an experience!
Selwyn :smile:

Really convince yourself that you don't want to go there, since they weren't your first choice, and have kept you waiting! How RUDE! You'd be better off going to Southampton Solent 😈
Original post by bethipayne
That's awful! I can't believe they'd do that even after emailing you explicitly saying you'd know by today... I sincerely hope you hear back from them tomorrow - they owe you that much! Pester, pester, pester as much as you are able!!

(you should demand an offer as reparations for being made to wait for so long:tongue:)

It got worse lol, they replied to my email saying my application "is one of a few applications still under consideration by the university" and that either she, or Downing will be in touch soon.

What does that even mean? Good news as in they're really considering taking me? Bad news as in I'm an extremely EXTREMELY borderline applicant? Who knows, I kind of want to cry :frown:

#Update, I should know by tomorrow (dear god, someone help, my nerves are fried)

I feel awful for getting mad about this as I know they're only human and these things take time, but my anxiety regarding this application is through the roof after all this.
(edited 7 years ago)
I was expecting to hear today as well to be honest, they said yesterday that I'd find out then or today. I just hope it's not because they've told wolfson to send me a rejection letter 😩

You should definitely do that tomorrow. Good luck!!

Perhaps you're like me, and they're still deliberating on whether to take you? Ahh anyway, in the grand scheme of things, what really is another day I guess? Good luck, maybe we'll both get some good news tomorrow :smile:
It got worse lol, they replied to my email saying my application "is one of a few applications still under consideration by the university" and that either she, or Downing will be in touch soon.

What does that even mean? Good news as in they're really considering taking me? Bad news as in I'm an extremely EXTREMELY borderline applicant? Who knows, I kind of want to cry :frown:

#Update, I should know by tomorrow (dear god, someone help, my nerves are fried)

I feel awful for getting mad about this as I know they're only human and these things take time, but my anxiety regarding this application is through the roof after all this.

I know everyone must be saying this, but think positively - it means you're still under consideration, and that they want you there! Unfortunately, it seems to be less who Cambridge want, and who (from the pile of 'wants') they end up deciding will benefit from their specific style of learning.

I know how agonising it must be, having that in your head at the moment; I was in the same position until literally a few hours ago, haha... Don't feel bad for getting mad - there'd be nothing to be frustrated about if they hadn't literally said to you that you'd hear today!

Keep it in your heart that you'll hear back tomorrow, and that, no matter the outcome, they want you there - that's why they're considering you so carefully, and why you were specifically chosen by Selwyn to go for interview again. :hugs:

They obviously really, really want to give you an offer because they think that you're Cambridge standard and they don't want to just let you go. It looks like they haven't decided yet
Original post by bethipayne
I know everyone must be saying this, but think positively - it means you're still under consideration, and that they want you there! Unfortunately, it seems to be less who Cambridge want, and who (from the pile of 'wants':wink: they end up deciding will benefit from their specific style of learning.

I know how agonising it must be, having that in your head at the moment; I was in the same position until literally a few hours ago, haha... Don't feel bad for getting mad - there'd be nothing to be frustrated about if they hadn't literally said to you that you'd hear today!

Keep it in your heart that you'll hear back tomorrow, and that, no matter the outcome, they want you there - that's why they're considering you so carefully, and why you were specifically chosen by Selwyn to go for interview again. :hugs:

Aw that was so nice, thank you so much! :h: Don't be too nice mind, I might actually cry in my current state lol. With a bit of luck, it'll be good news tomorrow, but even if it isn't, at least it's some form of news, and I'll be able to put the whole thing to bed.

I'll be sure to keep y'all posted! :colondollar:
They obviously really, really want to give you an offer because they think that you're Cambridge standard and they don't want to just let you go. It looks like they haven't decided yet

Thank you for the reassurance, it really means a lot :h:. I'm thinking they probably can't choose between me and a few others. I wonder if there is a point where they just decide to flip a coin? :biggrin: Best of luck to you tomorrow as well, I really really hope it's good news!
Thank you for the reassurance, it really means a lot :h:. I'm thinking they probably can't choose between me and a few others. I wonder if there is a point where they just decide to flip a coin? :biggrin: Best of luck to you tomorrow as well, I really really hope it's good news!

I've been lurking around this thread for a while now but GOOD LUCK!!! rooting for you!!
Original post by Titania_Fleuret_
I've been lurking around this thread for a while now but GOOD LUCK!!! rooting for you!!

Oh my, thank you so much! I swear everyone on here is so nice it actually melts my heart :hugs:
Have you seriously not gotten an answer after they said today 😂😂😂 ah man I'm sorry, we can die waiting together haha

Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting! (Although I did get pooled, Trinity -> Caius for mathematics)

Am going to email this weekend if I don't hear by then.

Had a brief scare earlier when I got a UCAS email, but turned out it was another uni...don't know whether I was relieved or disappointed...
Original post by tryeeme
Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting! (Although I did get pooled, Trinity -> Caius for mathematics)

Had a brief scare earlier when I got a UCAS email, but turned out it was another uni...don't know whether I was relieved or disappointed...

When were you re-interviewed?
Original post by tryeeme

Yeah it seems quite a few poolees are still waiting. To be fair I was only reinterviewed yesterday :tongue: I think I will phone on Monday if I don't hear anything

Best of luck. Deary me I'm sure you could do without those mini heart attacks! Haha
Hey, I'm waiting to hear back from Selwyn too :frown: I literally took a nap because I got tired from refreshing my emails. What time do their lines open tomorrow?
Original post by Alvarezd1
Hey, I'm waiting to hear back from Selwyn too :frown: I literally took a nap because I got tired from refreshing my emails. What time do their lines open tomorrow?

Considering it's office based, I imagine 9/10am. To be honest an email may be better, I got a reply even though the office was closed. If you're still waiting I imagine you're in the same boat as me whereby they're still considering your application. What did you apply for?

Latest

Trending

Trending