The Student Room Group

Have any of you had laser eye surgery?

How was your experience? Do you have any recommendations?
Reply 2
I will do it once I have the money.
Yes. Its very good, but not permanent. If you wnat the best then find an actual surgeon. Moorfields ahve some of the best if you are in London. It is still surgery though.
That's good. I wear contact lenses but I want laser eye because my eye sights actually so bad.
Original post by 999tigger
Yes. Its very good, but not permanent. If you wnat the best then find an actual surgeon. Moorfields ahve some of the best if you are in London. It is still surgery though.

Isn't Focus Clinic really good as well?
Original post by saraxh
Isn't Focus Clinic really good as well?

No idea. I think theres a review site with all the providers on if you google. Its better if you know the name of the surgeon carrying it out rather than it being some technician imo. Its not permanent but could last you 15-30 years, which is a lot of contact lenses. tbh I think its good value.
No idea. I think theres a review site with all the providers on if you google. Its better if you know the name of the surgeon carrying it out rather than it being some technician imo. Its not permanent but could last you 15-30 years, which is a lot of contact lenses. tbh I think its good value.

Contact lenses make my eyes dry. Yeah, Tanya Burr and celebs have gone there. They have a 100% success rate.
Original post by saraxh
Contact lenses make my eyes dry. Yeah, Tanya Burr and celebs have gone there. They have a 100% success rate.

No idea its ages since I looked into it. Its importnat to educate yourself and understand the risks plus what the science is imo.
No idea its ages since I looked into it. Its importnat to educate yourself and understand the risks plus what the science is imo.

I really want to get it at 18 but at 18 eyes haven't fully stabilized so it's kinda risky.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by saraxh
I really want to get it at 18 but the eye hasn't fully stabilized so it's kinda risky.

They wont until you are stabilised. It is reasonably expensive. It looks slightly cheaper at Moorfields than Focus. Its a personal choice and theres a small risk (hence o to the best place), but I think its a good investment. Youd have to get a job and make a deal with your dad to save half and pay half. Its £4-6000 for both eyes. You could get one eye at a time done. Still expensive for an 18 year old.

You will need to oogle for reviews. there used to be a really good site with reviews by patients, but they were honest and some clinics started threatening legal action which forced them to close.

Quick Reply

Latest