The Student Room Group

University of Manchester midwifery interview - 2017 entry

Hi, I have an interview for Manchester on Thursday!! I was wondering what the group interviews are like and the English writinh section?

Any help would be great!

Scroll to see replies

Hey, So I don't know what the group interview will be like at Manchester but I know that you can find practice English questions online if you search for Midwifery or nursing English test interview. I've also applied to Manchester and was wondering how and when they told you about your interview. Best of Luck on Thursday x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recieved my Manchester interview for the 9th of December 2016 and had to change the date so they gave me the 19th of January. There will most likely be one per month until March (2 more).
When did you apply for Manchester and is it for midwifery?
Reply 3
Original post by helen123
Hi, I have an interview for Manchester on Thursday!! I was wondering what the group interviews are like and the English writinh section?

Any help would be great!

Hi!

I have mine on Wednesday. How was it?
Did you do any practise English tests beforehand?

Yeah, I applied for Midwifery in November

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh.. I applied in Dec😅
We'll I'll probably hear from them soon I've only just turned 17 so that may be a problem
Reply 7
Original post by Alex1607
Hi!

I have mine on Wednesday. How was it?
Did you do any practise English tests beforehand?

Hey, sorry I haven't been getting notifications for this thread for some reason, so only just seen this now. Hope the interview went okay!! X
Reply 8
Original post by Lu_Babalola
Hey, So I don't know what the group interview will be like at Manchester but I know that you can find practice English questions online if you search for Midwifery or nursing English test interview. I've also applied to Manchester and was wondering how and when they told you about your interview. Best of Luck on Thursday x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Only just seen this now 🙈 But thanks anyways! I got an offer from Manchester this week!!

For interviews they'll let you know via track. I was at an interview on Tuesday and there were 2 girls there that still hadn't heard from Manchester either. I wouldn't worry about your age there were lots of younger people at my interview day :smile: Hope you hear soon! X
Hi, congratulations on your offer, where else have you applied to?
Thank you, I guess I'll just have to wait for them to get back to me x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Lu_Babalola
Hi, congratulations on your offer, where else have you applied to?
Thank you, I guess I'll just have to wait for them to get back to me x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile: Liverpool John Moores, Teesside Northumbria and Sheffield. Declined my interview offer from Sheffield though as Manchester is one of my top 2 choices, so thought it was best for someone else to have it. :smile: you? X
Reply 11
Hey, sorry I haven't been getting notifications for this thread for some reason, so only just seen this now. Hope the interview went okay!! X

Ahhh it's OK! Congratulations on the offer. How long did they take to let you know? X
Reply 12
Ahhh it's OK! Congratulations on the offer. How long did they take to let you know? X

Thank you! And really quick only 4 days, including the weekend :smile: they aim to contact people within a week they said x
Reply 13
Thank you! And really quick only 4 days, including the weekend :smile: they aim to contact people within a week they said x

Ahh that's great! Hopefully will hear soon! Did you find out via ucas? X
I've applied to Leeds, Manchester, Hull, KCL and Nottingham x
Hey! Only just seen this now 🙈 But thanks anyways! I got an offer from Manchester this week!!

For interviews they'll let you know via track. I was at an interview on Tuesday and there were 2 girls there that still hadn't heard from Manchester either. I wouldn't worry about your age there were lots of younger people at my interview day :smile: Hope you hear soon! X

Hello! Congratulations! I was just wondering if the conditions of your offer are the same as the entry requirements on the website, just out of interest because I have received an offer but they need an updated reference first, so I won't receive my offer on UCAS yet.
Reply 16
Original post by Liezel_xo
Hello! Congratulations! I was just wondering if the conditions of your offer are the same as the entry requirements on the website, just out of interest because I have received an offer but they need an updated reference first, so I won't receive my offer on UCAS yet.

Liezel.. I think you were on my interview day! How did you hear of your offer if it wasn't via ucas? I haven't heard anything.. hoping it's not bad news x
Liezel.. I think you were on my interview day! How did you hear of your offer if it wasn't via ucas? I haven't heard anything.. hoping it's not bad news x

It was an email! I think that was because they haven't received the updated reference so once that is through I should receive an offer through ucas. I wouldn't worry too much though! Hoping it is good news for you, fingers crossed!!! I'm still amazed because I don't know what I did right in the interview haha. Good luck!!
Reply 18
Original post by Liezel_xo
It was an email! I think that was because they haven't received the updated reference so once that is through I should receive an offer through ucas. I wouldn't worry too much though! Hoping it is good news for you, fingers crossed!!! I'm still amazed because I don't know what I did right in the interview haha. Good luck!!

The woman didn't take my updated reference on the day. I had it with me but she must have forgot as I found it when I got home. But i've had no email so that doesn't sounds great! Congratulations to you!! Well done x
The woman didn't take my updated reference on the day. I had it with me but she must have forgot as I found it when I got home. But i've had no email so that doesn't sounds great! Congratulations to you!! Well done x

I'm sure you will be fine! I only received it this afternoon so you have plenty of time! X
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest