The Student Room Group

2017 Oxford Prospective Students [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rolex8234
The college I applied to (KEBLE) didnt pay for the postage.....

Ended up having to pay them. It's ridiculous and humiliating. You'd think they'd have more respect and care for the students that invest hours in to applications for their university.
:ashamed:
Congrats on your offer btw :h:

Original post by Barbastelle
I don't know what to advise, but I doubt a complaint would be worth it. I wonder if anyone else applied to Keble (or elsewhere in the University) and had a similar experience?

My Keble rejection letter was just standard postage, no fees needed paying.
Original post by CatusStarbright
My Keble rejection letter was just standard postage, no fees needed paying.

Thanks for replying :h:
How were your interviews?
Notification for anyone else who's requesting feedback - Merton just sent me an acknowledgement email about my feedback request which says I should get it 'within fifteen working days'.
Original post by fablereader
Notification for anyone else who's requesting feedback - Merton just sent me an acknowledgement email about my feedback request which says I should get it 'within fifteen working days'.

That's better than what I got! 'We regret that the college is unable to provide individual feedback' (I've requested an FOI for a general statistical thing but nothing yet). I emailed the one I interviewed at but not expecting anything tbh. Luckily I know where I messed up (not hard to see with AABB at AS and one B at GCSE, more enthusiasm less introversion, more ability to tackle new material...). But still, a bit disappointing tbh.
Original post by auburnstar
That's better than what I got! 'We regret that the college is unable to provide individual feedback' (I've requested an FOI for a general statistical thing but nothing yet). I emailed the one I interviewed at but not expecting anything tbh. Luckily I know where I messed up (not hard to see with AABB at AS and one B at GCSE, more enthusiasm less introversion, more ability to tackle new material...). But still, a bit disappointing tbh.

:frown: Which college?
:frown: Which college?

somerville
I emailed Christ Church about my MLAT score and they said that they were sending out feedback for all subjects in January and February, so if I haven't received it by the end of February I'm free to email them again.
Reply 187
Magdalen anyone?
Original post by Creusa
Magdalen anyone?

Meeee
Original post by Barbastelle
Thanks for replying :h:
How were your interviews?

First one: not so great, second one: much better, but it clearly wasn't enough to get in. Keble apparently automatically sends feedback which I should receive in the next few weeks (according to my letter). I did publish a more complete explanation in my GYG blog, which you have read xD I guess with all the things that have been happening it's easy to forget stuff.
Reply 190
I emailed a specific tutor, rather than the admissions for the college as a whole - was this a mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Does anyone know how feedback works in Corpus Christi?
Original post by qeyoo
I emailed a specific tutor, rather than the admissions for the college as a whole - was this a mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I think you need to email the tutor for admissions regardless of what college you applied to :h:
Reply 193
Original post by IreneG
Does anyone know how feedback works in Corpus Christi?

I emailed the maths tutor (that was present during interviews) and asked, but haven't got anything back yet, hence my previous post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by felecita
Out of curiosity, are there any offer holders requesting feedback? I'm not sure whether I should or not.

I was thinking about it but I decided not to because - idk - it might seem a bit strange. I'm just glad it turned out well.
Reply 195
Out of curiosity, are there any offer holders requesting feedback? I'm not sure whether I should or not.

I don't know about other colleges but I asked Wadham and they don't give feedback to offer holders.
Reply 196

That slight chance that they made a mistake and discover it when compiling your feedback....
My dream last night: another college sent me an offer. My subconscious does not seem to have gotten over this.
My dream last night: another college sent me an offer. My subconscious does not seem to have gotten over this.

Freud's spirit is tormenting us, I had a very similar dream involving Trinity College... I keep thinking about whether I would have had more chances at another college
Original post by mazzaion
Freud's spirit is tormenting us, I had a very similar dream involving Trinity College... I keep thinking about whether I would have had more chances at another college

I've mostly decided that I should just wait for the feedback and see what they say. However, that's been decided by my conscious mind, not the subconscious one, so ... dreams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending