The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

i took six subjects and got A stars in all of them but I'm worried the number of subjects I took is too little. Is it?
Haven't done Alvls not ukcat and recommend me how many Alvls I take pls
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anon6
Interviewww 650 UKCAT

Hey congrats! If you dont mind what are your stats I've got the same score and still waiting on a reply, also have you applied for the EMDP programme or normal Medicine course ?
Original post by Anon6
Interviewww 650 UKCAT

Congrats!! This gives me some hope :smile:
Did you apply for the 5-year programme?
Reply 1563
Original post by mithi98
Congrats!! This gives me some hope :smile:
Did you apply for the 5-year programme?

Applied to the 5 year but as a grad
Original post by Anon6
Applied to the 5 year but as a grad

Hey, congrats! What did you get for your degree?
Original post by DocPK
Any year 13s applying with a 700+ UKCAT who still haven't got an interview?

Gap year student with 700 ukcat and 3 As and an A..still havent heard back..think it might be my lack of A stars :/
Original post by song_han
Still waiting... home student, 700 Ukcat, A*AAA prediction, 9A*s and a B at iGCSE... I'm worried the predictions are letting me down

Your prediction is calm. GCSEs are also calm. UKCAT is good as well. I'm sure you'll get an interview. Kings said they give out interviews randomly to the applicants eligible for interview so its not based on how good your stats are etc.
Original post by DocPK
What were your GCSEs?

11 A* which is what brought me up I think
Reply 1568
Original post by primadonnas
Gap year student with 700 ukcat and 3 As and an A..still havent heard back..think it might be my lack of A stars :/

They only ask for 3 As so I don't understand why you wouldn't get an interview. I've got 713 but still not heard back
Reply 1569
Original post by tsr120
11 A* which is what brought me up I think

Well done on that my GCSEs let me down so hoping on my UKCAT to get me an interview
got
3A* bio chemistry maths and A* epq (medicine related) predicted
3A As attained
5A* 5A GCSE
640 UKCAT
do i have much chance at an interview ??
Reply 1571
Original post by AspireExcite
Hey, congrats! What did you get for your degree?

Predicted 2.1 :smile: thanksss
hey guys I need help so I took 6 IGCSE subjects and got all A stars on all of them ( Chem physic bio maths B pure maths and english) I'm scared that the number of subjects I took is too little for the IGCSEs. Is it good enough ?and I have not done A LVL so it'd be nice if u could recommend me what I shud take too
(edited 7 years ago)
Strange how long Kings is taking to reply, they said at the briefing after interview that the best people would hear back very shortly, something like 2-3 weeks, but no one on TSR has got an offer yet, or so it seems.
Original post by mbb123mbb
Strange how long Kings is taking to reply, they said at the briefing after interview that the best people would hear back very shortly, something like 2-3 weeks, but no one on TSR has got an offer yet, or so it seems.

They also said that people may have to wait later so that they can get a better idea of the score skew (well they said this at mine anyways).
Original post by studentsixth
They also said that people may have to wait later so that they can get a better idea of the score skew (well they said this at mine anyways).

The fact is the scores are non-comparable as we're all getting completely different interviews, so attempting to put all the scores on one xl sheet and taking the best is simply unfair.
Original post by rohit5148
The fact is the scores are non-comparable as we're all getting completely different interviews, so attempting to put all the scores on one xl sheet and taking the best is simply unfair.

Just out of interest, how do you know that we are all having completely different interviews?
Original post by rohit5148

I wouldn't say it's intrinsically different. They may change the content of each station in terms of what they are asking but it's assessing the same criteria which is pretty much the norm for any MMI circuit. At the end of the day, the interviewers are all well trained to understand what a good answer is in response to their question and the marks will accordingly be given. Not sure if this applies to KCL but I know someone who sits in the MMI circuit at Manchester and he said that if an easier question is asked then they expect candidates to bring more in depth answers to their question whilst harder ones are expected to throw candidates off and both are taken into consideration when considering the overall station so the score should even out.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mbb123mbb

I agree, last year they gave out their first offer on the 8th January! Has anyone emailed them to see what's up?
Original post by JennyJay8
I agree, last year they gave out their first offer on the 8th January! Has anyone emailed them to see what's up?

There's probably a problem on their end. Because interviews were very early this year I'm guessing (just my two cents) that they were testing a new interview circuit which has ended up producing a large skew of results. They're probably waiting to see how/if it evens out so I wouldn't be surprised if all of our interview experiences will vary this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending