The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths Offer Holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
I do exactly the same modules as you in A2 Further, but am doing FP3 as extra as well :smile: haha I have the same problem with teachers not knowing how to do it & I've got the integral maths thing too, though I haven't found anything particularly useful on it yet:frown:

oooh, nice!! Which exam board are you on? I was going to do some FP3 but I really don't think I have time. I'm planning to look over it in the summer instead :smile:

I haven't looked on it much yet, though the STEP solutions look like they'll be useful. I'll have a proper look tomorrow!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Lauren-x-
oooh, nice!! Which exam board are you on? I was going to do some FP3 but I really don't think I have time. I'm planning to look over it in the summer instead :smile:

I haven't looked on it much yet, though the STEP solutions look like they'll be useful. I'll have a proper look tomorrow!

AQA & yeah, to be honest I haven't looked at STEP thoroughly yet and so I haven't felt the need to look at integralmaths
AQA & yeah, to be honest I haven't looked at STEP thoroughly yet and so I haven't felt the need to look at integralmaths

Omg I'm on AQA too!! What's your fave module? I think mine has to be M2 (mechanics is lovelyyy), then I guess S2 as it's not as hard as the others, and FP2 is definitely the hardest. I enjoy FP2, but if I don't regularly re-visit the topics, then when I get to a question I seem to forget it all haha
Omg I'm on AQA too!! What's your fave module? I think mine has to be M2 (mechanics is lovelyyy), then I guess S2 as it's not as hard as the others, and FP2 is definitely the hardest. I enjoy FP2, but if I don't regularly re-visit the topics, then when I get to a question I seem to forget it all haha

Yaay! I think FP2 is my fave, I love pure maths! Out of the applied modules M2 is my favourite, I hate stats and D1&2 were just rubbish haha

I also find FP3 interesting but it is quite difficult 😂
Yaay! I think FP2 is my fave, I love pure maths! Out of the applied modules M2 is my favourite, I hate stats and D1&2 were just rubbish haha

I also find FP3 interesting but it is quite difficult 😂

Stats is extremely dull, though somehow I do okay in it? (maybe I've just jinxed my mock results, which I find out tomorrow oops). The same with D1. I actually quite liked some of D2, somewhat therapeutic haha. What's the applied module you're doing for maths? I'm doing stats 1 rip
Stats is extremely dull, though somehow I do okay in it? (maybe I've just jinxed my mock results, which I find out tomorrow oops). The same with D1. I actually quite liked some of D2, somewhat therapeutic haha. What's the applied module you're doing for maths? I'm doing stats 1 rip

I'm doing S1 in normal maths too!!
I'm doing S1 in normal maths too!!

We have the same name, same firm uni (are you firming Warwick?), same exam boards and same modules - we must be twins! (though not identical as you're not this ugly lol)
We have the same name, same firm uni (are you firming Warwick?), same exam boards and same modules - we must be twins! (though not identical as you're not this ugly lol)

Hahaha that is pretty incredible!! Yes I've already firmed Warwick & don't be so harsh on yourself!
Reply 48
Just in case people don't know about this, here is a great resource to prepare for the STEP papers:

http://www.openbookpublishers.com//download/book_content/444

These are also useful:

https://maths.org/step/assignments
Hahaha that is pretty incredible!! Yes I've already firmed Warwick & don't be so harsh on yourself!

Awesome! I haven't firmed it yet as I was waiting until I was certain about my insurance choice (so I could just sort them out together - I chose Leeds in the end). What's your insurance choice? I was actually going to choose Bath, but after looking into the course it really didn't appeal to me.

I haven't gotten my maths mocks back yet, though my physics and history ones were....quite terrible. Earlier I was just thinking "omg noooo I'm not going to get into Warwick" before my friends were like "shut up, you've got this!! they're mocks!!" Man, year 13 is stressful af :lol:
Awesome! I haven't firmed it yet as I was waiting until I was certain about my insurance choice (so I could just sort them out together - I chose Leeds in the end). What's your insurance choice? I was actually going to choose Bath, but after looking into the course it really didn't appeal to me.

I haven't gotten my maths mocks back yet, though my physics and history ones were....quite terrible. Earlier I was just thinking "omg noooo I'm not going to get into Warwick" before my friends were like "shut up, you've got this!! they're mocks!!" Man, year 13 is stressful af :lol:

Ahh okay & Birmingham is my insurance. I've just spent about 90 minutes doing some of the questions in the Siklos booklet and they weren't too bad (though I think they were like the first few questions on a paper!)
Ahh okay & Birmingham is my insurance. I've just spent about 90 minutes doing some of the questions in the Siklos booklet and they weren't too bad (though I think they were like the first few questions on a paper!)

Ooh, my sixth form leader bought me that! I've had a read of the first couple of pages, but not questions. I may start that this weekend, if I get some more of my history coursework done! My friend is going to firm Birmingham, I think. And that's progress!! :smile:

p.s. I just got an email saying that I have a place for the 2 day STEP course!! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Does maths and physics count on this thread or will I get roasted :wink:
Reply 53
Original post by Charonder
Does maths and physics count on this thread or will I get roasted :wink:

image.jpeg

But really, you're welcome here :smile:
Original post by Fortox
image.jpeg

But really, you're welcome here :smile:

hahaha :grin:
is it too late to say hi? :smile:

predicted a2s - 4 a*s (maths, further maths, additional further maths, and physics)
step/aea - step I-III and aea
offer holder day - the 22nd
why Warwick? - soooo many reasons but mainly the course and campus
Original post by not lewis
is it too late to say hi? :smile:

predicted a2s - 4 a*s (maths, further maths, additional further maths, and physics)
step/aea - step I-III and aea
offer holder day - the 22nd
why Warwick? - soooo many reasons but mainly the course and campus

Not at all :smile: hi there!

All 3 step papers?! you must be crazy haha
Not at all :smile: hi there!

All 3 step papers?! you must be crazy haha

hey!
yes lol ive been told that a few times :tongue: but it cant hurt so its worth a try anyway i think
Original post by not lewis
hey!
yes lol ive been told that a few times :tongue: but it cant hurt so its worth a try anyway i think

fair enough!

How much STEP prep have you done?
fair enough!

How much STEP prep have you done?

i did a lot over summer between AS and A2, so I'm pretty confident in step i but ive barely done anything for step ii or iii, but i only prep by doing past papers. how about you?

Quick Reply