The Student Room Group

Any star trek fans out there?

I'm literally such a big fan of star trek it's driving me crazy 😂

Personally I love the new movies, ok maybe the fact that Chris pine is pretty hot is a big plus but I just find it all a lot more realistic (obviously since CGI has gotten better etc) and i have to say that spock and uhura are the cutest couple 😍😍😂😵 (although I'm a big fan of shipping spock and kirk).

Im not too fond of the original series, mainly because I don't like it feel of it and im the type of person where the special effects can really make a difference for.

I love TNG and voyager though, I absolutely love data 😂 he's probably one of my favorite characters.

I haven't seen enough of enterprise and deep space nine to have an opinion of them though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
omfg i love star trek and kirk and picard are my space husbands
The new movies are fine. They are fun action films, but that's about it.

I've seen all of TNG, VOY, DS9 and ENT at least two or three times each.
Depends which one.

I lov TOS, TNG, DS9. Haven't seen VOY, and I dislike ENT.
Reply 4
Me, surprise surprise :teehee:

My favourite out of all the series is definitely The Next Generation followed by the original series but my all time favourite captain would have to be Archer :h: my favourite characters throughout all the shows are - Spock, Bones, Picard, Riker, Data, Quark, Tripp, Archer, Phlox, Lwaxana Troi (Majel Barrett is an absolute legend when it comes to the legacy of Star Trek :yep: ). I enjoyed the recent movies as well as the older ones. I'm not the biggest fan of Kirk in the old or new adaptations but prefer Chris Pine to Shatner tbh.

I love Star Trek with all my heart and the only thing that beats it is Stargate SG-1 :love:
(edited 7 years ago)
me seen it all. Good to binge watch. Think the new films are pretty good especially the first one, bit more than action films imo, within the context of sci fi and star trek. Dont know why people slate Enterprise it was prety good and the long story arc of S2 and S3 was very good imo. SG1 and Atlantis are excellent watches too. the best sci fi kind of boxed set imo is BSG1, which was just good TV.

Its a shame they canceled Enterpise, think it was $10m for another series and they couldnt raise it.
Apparently Janeway really really disliked 7 of 9 irl.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
Me, surprise surprise :teehee:

My favourite out of all the series is definitely The Next Generation followed by the original series but my all time favourite captain would have to be Archer :h: my favourite characters throughout all the shows are - Spock, Bones, Picard, Riker, Data, Quark, Tripp, Archer, Phlox, Lwaxana Troi (Majel Barrett is an absolute legend when it comes to the legacy of Star Trek :yep: ). I enjoyed the recent movies as well as the older ones. I'm not the biggest fan of Kirk in the old or new adaptations but prefer Chris Pine to Shatner tbh.

I love Star Trek with all my heart and the only thing that beats it is Stargate SG-1 :love:

Distinct lack of Garak and Shran :hand:
Reply 7
Original post by ByronicHero
Distinct lack of Garak and Shran :hand:

I forgot to add Q as well :teehee:
Original post by Spock's Socks
I forgot to add Q as well :teehee:

I'm not even angry, just disappointed.
I love Star Trek... TNG is probably my favourite but Voyager is great too. The only series I never really got into was DS9. The 2009 Star Trek film is my favourite so far.

Spock, Data, ginger Bev, Wesley, Janeway, Deanna Troi's mum, Q, T'Pol and Guinan are all awesome!
Original post by Snufkin
I love Star Trek... TNG is probably my favourite but Voyager is great too. The only series I never really got into was DS9. The 2009 Star Trek film is my favourite so far.

Spock, Data, ginger Bev, Wesley, Janeway, Deanna Troi's mum, Q, T'Pol and Guinan are all awesome!

DS9 had a very different feel compared to other series for sure.
Original post by awkwrdbby
I'm literally such a big fan of star trek it's driving me crazy 😂

Personally I love the new movies, ok maybe the fact that Chris pine is pretty hot is a big plus but I just find it all a lot more realistic (obviously since CGI has gotten better etc) and i have to say that spock and uhura are the cutest couple 😍😍😂😵 (although I'm a big fan of shipping spock and kirk).

Im not too fond of the original series, mainly because I don't like it feel of it and im the type of person where the special effects can really make a difference for.

I love TNG and voyager though, I absolutely love data 😂 he's probably one of my favorite characters.

I haven't seen enough of enterprise and deep space nine to have an opinion of them though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Series 4-7 of DS9 are utterly exceptional. Truly some of the greatest sci-fi ever made.
This is probably really pathetic but I once wrote a Star Trek universe CV for myself. I don't remember every detail but it was something like: :rofl: :embarrassed:

Name: Snufkin van Berenberg
Born: December 25th 2369, New Berlin, the Moon
Species: Half Human, Half El-Aurian
Languages: English, French, Vulcan

2396 - Present: Junior operations officer, USS Dauntless
2392 - 2396: Starfleet Academy, PhD Astrogeology
2388 - 2392: Vulcan Science Academy, BSc Planetary Sciences with Vulcan Literature
Original post by Snufkin
This is probably really pathetic but I once wrote a Star Trek universe CV for myself. I don't remember every detail but it was something like: :rofl: :embarrassed:

Something i have always wondered is what our future will be like with regards to Startrek (or Wars). Will we be a communistic bunch of idealists trying to make the galaxy a better place or will we be an arrogant, xenophobic species which conquers weaker species.

I could certainly see us turning out like the Romulan's. Suspicious, arrogant, narrow minded, somewhat aggressive.

[video="youtube;jVmldpYnFzw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVmldpYnFzw[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
I love Star Trek.
I have seen all of Voyager, Deep Space Nine, The Original Series.
I have watched a few of Enterprise, The Next Generation and Discovery.
But i'm not that keen on Discovery because i don't like how they treated that alien life form that gives them power to warp.
I've watched all of the TNG, TOS and the new movies.
Original post by vkjames84
I love Star Trek.
But i'm not that keen on Discovery because i don't like how they treated that alien life form that gives them power to warp.

The opening two parter of Discovery was brilliant but yeah, it's been poor since.

The Mirror universe arc looks very good though.
I love Star Trek, not really a fan of the OS but I like the others.
DS9 is definately my favourite, the first few series are a bit tedious, but the latter part is amazing! I love all the characters, especially Weyoun and Quark.
It also has hte best ending I have ever seen in a TV show, brings the whole story arc to a nice neat ending.
Original post by vkjames84
I love Star Trek.

I have now watched all off Discovery and loved it so much I can't wait for season 3. I hope Captain Pike gets his own tv show with Anson Mount <3 him lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending