The Student Room Group

Have you asked for your teacher's facebook/insta/snap?

Scroll to see replies

No, that's too weird, especially if you're still teaching them. Email is fine, for updates after school but I find it's creepy if you have their phone number or snapchat. I'd find teachers may be judgemental over what you do.
Reply 21
Teachers in my school said they only accepted students on social media after they graduate.
Reply 22
Original post by fefssdf
you must be a pretty likeable teacher with good banter if a year 11 wanted to invite you to their party ; congrats sir hahah

Likeable? Probably.

But I always have the mind frame that I should be judged on my how well my students are doing, not on my personality.

But yeah I guess I am closer to the current generation than most teachers having been in school just a few years ago.
Original post by The_Hunted
Likeable? Probably.

But I always have the mind frame that I should be judged on my how well my students are doing, not on my personality.

But yeah I guess I am closer to the current generation than most teachers having been in school just a few years ago.

reminds me of my own maths teacher back in year 11 actually as they hadn't been in the profession that long and were pretty down to earth and I'm pretty sure at one point a few students did ask if he had snapchat so just take it as a compliment
Unfortunately my school is filled with Overweight old pensioners about to fkng croak, so a fit teacher only comes once in a blue moon who are worthy of me stalking them on Social media.One time we found our IT teachers linkedin, you can imagine we had such fun with that.
Reply 25
In our sixth form we do have emails so we can email them and ask them any questions at any time. I never asked any teacher for their social media, but I think I might do before I leave school.

I only have numbers of two teachers, one of them gave me her number before she moves to another school. The other one offered to tutor me in Y11 outside school to help me get better grades, so she gave me her number and came to my house and asked for £28 for each hour 😅😅
Ew, me nor any of my friends/classmates have ever asked for social media - idk man, no one does that.

People do like to stalk teachers on Facebook if their profiles are public just cuz it's hilarious seeing pictures of them when they're like 18 and getting smashed. But other than that, a big no no

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
LOL, some of the comments here.

Why do people think teachers are some kind of librarian type aliens who go into hiding outside of school. We are normal as well you know, I have a car, PS4, go out, have a laugh with my mates etc do all the normal things.
(edited 7 years ago)
LOL, some of the comments here.

Why do people think teachers are some kind of librarian type aliens who go into hiding outside of school. We are normal as well you know, I have a car, PS4, go out, have a laugh with my mates etc do all the normal things.

Are you fit? Because I swear to God the only good thing about going to a Comprehensive is the rare eye-candy you get here and there lmao, if not I'm sleeping in your lessons.
Reply 29
Original post by Popsiclez
Are you fit? Because I swear to God the only good thing about going to a Comprehensive is the rare eye-candy you get here and there lmao, if not I'm sleeping in your lessons.

erm I don't really know how to answer that. If you mean do I pull and get numbers on a night out, then yes girls do leave me or give me their numbers. But this does feel weird discussing it with a student.
At university I had quite a lot of my lecturers on social media - great networking and we shared the same interest, some even created groups to help the students.

However, I think at university age there is a sense of maturity and I would not support it at college or high school ages. Nor at that age did I ever want to add my teachers on social media (could be a generation thing though)
Lol, once when I was in Sixth Form, my teacher told the class to join the facebook group for our psychology class but I said f that, I'm just gonna add our sexy teacher and see how it goes... 3 years later when I was in 2nd year of uni she accepted the request :biggrin:
Actually a female teacher of mine sent me a Facebook PM after I got my GCSE results congratulating me on my History grade. But we weren't 'friends'.
Reply 33
my Teacher sent me a facebook friend request and I accepted

Spoiler

erm I don't really know how to answer that. If you mean do I pull and get numbers on a night out, then yes girls do leave me or give me their numbers. But this does feel weird discussing it with a student.

Sorry sir, wait also do teachers like being called by Sir? And what do you guys talk about in that staffroom?
I haven't but my physics teacher from secondary school said we could add her on facebook when we left :colonhash:
Original post by ANM775
my Teacher sent me a facebook friend request and I accepted

Spoiler

The only Social Media I knew in Primary School was Club Penguin lmao..
Reply 37
Original post by Popsiclez
The only Social Media I knew in Primary School was Club Penguin lmao..

lol, no social media did not exist when i was in primary school .....but about 5 yrs ago I made a facebook account and a bunch of old classmates added me and one them was my teacher.
I had a few teachers email adresses. Again though, it wasn't their personal email, but one from the school. For work purposes, to ask questions or ask for help.
Only one teacher ever bothered to respond. Even after leaving school to some students who still email.

Any other forms of social media was a no no.
Back in secondary for bants, we did look up their facebook profiles though. Once you find one teacher, you see them all lmao

Quick Reply

Latest