The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eg09
I have been rejected from Cambridge but it hasn't shown up on UCAS yet, so is there any chance I could withdraw my application and apply somewhere else instead? I know 15th Jan was the UCAS deadline but could I send in a late application and still be considered?

I guess you wouldn't lose much by trying..

And sorry to hear about your result, @somebodyelse98.. It's always unpleasant to receive this news after waiting longer than everyone else. :frown:
Original post by cogito.
I am considering take Cambridge as my firm and give up the choice for insurance, so it provides me some motivation to work hard for A level rather than spending all my time on TSR.

Spoiler

Two roads diverged at a yellow wood,
and YOU took the one less traveled by,
And that has made... all the difference :wink:

(Congratulations btw :tongue:)
@somebodyelse98

:console: :frown:

Good luck on your US applications! Update us on how they go :smile: I am sure you will do extremely well!
Original post by eg09
I have been rejected from Cambridge but it hasn't shown up on UCAS yet, so is there any chance I could withdraw my application and apply somewhere else instead? I know 15th Jan was the UCAS deadline but could I send in a late application and still be considered?

Answer is most likely no because you are past the 2 week add/drop period for Cambridge as a UCAS choice. Unless you want to withdraw all your choices and go in UCAS Extra (which is not recommended), I don't think you can add another choice. If you still have choices left in your UCAS application, you can still add choices after the Jan 15th deadline, but universities don't guarantee equal consideration. You can still be considered though.
Original post by somebodyelse98
yeah i heard back - rejection :frown: feels weird but i'm not upset, i'm hoping to go to the US anyway, still v crap though

I'm sorry to hear about that...it's amazing to get as far as you did! I know you'll have some amazing college options come March :redface:

[video="youtube;ZOJCmPKaYN8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJCmPKaYN8[/video]

just something that always makes me laugh, and seemed relevant since you said you want to study in the U.S. :tongue:
Original post by rissanicole14
I'm sorry to hear about that...it's amazing to get as far as you did! I know you'll have some amazing college options come March :redface:

[video="youtube;ZOJCmPKaYN8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJCmPKaYN8[/video]

just something that always makes me laugh, and seemed relevant since you said you want to study in the U.S. :tongue:

February, March, or April :wink:
I love how this thread still seems to be more active than the offer holders thread :tongue:

(and the Oxford thread is opposite...)
Original post by wolfmoon88
February, March, or April :wink:

True, I just based it off of the fact that most American uni decisions come out late March - guess it was a rough estimation :wink:
True, I just based it off of the fact that most American uni decisions come out late March - guess it was a rough estimation :wink:

If somebody applied to NYU ED II I think decisions come out in February :tongue:

(NYU seems to be hella popular on TSR so I guess maybe people did apply ED II)

But yeah most reg decisions come out in Late March or April 1st (I remember that one of my friends had 7 unis coming out on April 1st and it is on their birthday as well... :tongue:)
(edited 7 years ago)
If somebody applied to NYU ED II I think decisions come out in February :tongue:

But yeah most reg decisions come out in Late March or April 1st (I remember that one of my friends had 7 unis coming out on April 1st and it is on their birthday as well... :tongue:)

That's certainly true, if we're getting super specific :rofl: but yeah most ED II are in february, reg march 31st/april 1st (although UCI is march 16th I believe)

That sounds like one of the absolute worst things in the world...I would probably have my friend change my email password and check the next day :eek:

I guess the NYU price tag doesn't scare too many people away lol
That's certainly true, if we're getting super specific :rofl: but yeah most ED II are in february, reg march 31st/april 1st (although UCI is march 16th I believe)

That sounds like one of the absolute worst things in the world...I would probably have my friend change my email password and check the next day :eek:

I guess the NYU price tag doesn't scare too many people away lol

:rofl: :rofl: UC Irvine? I remember all UC's are late March? :tongue:

Hahaha ikr, I told him that you are either going to have a really good birthday or a really horrible birthday... (the likelihood of him doing the email thing is slim because he would be nervous to have a good birthday anyways :tongue:)

It's what scared me off... :rofl: plus don't really like the no campus unis :/

Btw how was Lala Land? :tongue:
:rofl: :rofl: UC Irvine? I remember all UC's are late March? :tongue:

Hahaha ikr, I told him that you are either going to have a really good birthday or a really horrible birthday... (the likelihood of him doing the email thing is slim because he would be nervous to have a good birthday anyways :tongue:)

It's what scared me off... :rofl: plus don't really like the no campus unis :/

Btw how was Lala Land? :tongue:

LOL I know I thought they were too, until I randomly checked and found out on this college admissions site that each campus has a different date?? On the UCI website itself it just says between March 1 - March 31st applicants would be notified :confused:

Yeah honestly, that basically sums it up...can I ask which one it ended up being? (I would prob be begging my friend for the password soon after like Dumbledore begging for Harry to stop forcing him to drink that liquid in the Half-Blood Prince :rofl: )

Same, I prefer one uniform campus. And oh my god it was soo good! I typically don't prefer musicals, but I was totally in love. I'm going to see it again this week :biggrin: don't want to spoil too much, but it was really sad and probably not the best movie to get my mind of Cam as I ended up crying even more lol. Also saw Hidden Figures, it was a really empowering and beautiful movie as well :smile:
LOL I know I thought they were too, until I randomly checked and found out on this college admissions site that each campus has a different date?? On the UCI website itself it just says between March 1 - March 31st applicants would be notified :confused:

Yeah honestly, that basically sums it up...can I ask which one it ended up being? (I would prob be begging my friend for the password soon after like Dumbledore begging for Harry to stop forcing him to drink that liquid in the Half-Blood Prince :rofl: )

Same, I prefer one uniform campus. And oh my god it was soo good! I typically don't prefer musicals, but I was totally in love. I'm going to see it again this week :biggrin: don't want to spoil too much, but it was really sad and probably not the best movie to get my mind of Cam as I ended up crying even more lol. Also saw Hidden Figures, it was a really empowering and beautiful movie as well :smile:

:/ That's odd... then I guess there is no set date just some time in that month... (I have a friend who got an offer from an uni before their set date of replying to decisions so they either really liked him or the website had a mistake- UOregon btw)

Well... it's this April so none of us knows yet :tongue: for his sake I hope it is a great birthday :rofl:

Hahaha I should definitely watch it then (I love musicals!) Aww I guess I should wait to watch it then because of the sadness :/ I heard Hidden Figures was great! The Oscars period is starting so all the good movies are coming out now :biggrin: :tongue:
:/ That's odd... then I guess there is no set date just some time in that month... (I have a friend who got an offer from an uni before their set date of replying to decisions so they either really liked him or the website had a mistake- UOregon btw)

Well... it's this April so none of us knows yet :tongue: for his sake I hope it is a great birthday :rofl:

Hahaha I should definitely watch it then (I love musicals!) Aww I guess I should wait to watch it then because of the sadness :/ I heard Hidden Figures was great! The Oscars period is starting so all the good movies are coming out now :biggrin: :tongue:

Yeah I think so too, guess I'll be refreshing emails the entirety of March :colonhash: and wow, that's interesting! Probably a pleasant surprise for them.

And ohhh, thought it was in the past :biggrin: hopefully he gets the best possible birthday present!

Yes, especially if you love musicals you'd really enjoy it! Ehh, perhaps just bring some tissues just in case. I don't regret watching it :smile: I feel like there are so many great movies out, I haven't seen so many in such a short amount of time in forever (also saw Moana and Split lol) guess it's my favorite way to get my mind off things. How's the long essay going?
Yeah I think so too, guess I'll be refreshing emails the entirety of March :colonhash: and wow, that's interesting! Probably a pleasant surprise for them.

And ohhh, thought it was in the past :biggrin: hopefully he gets the best possible birthday present!

Yes, especially if you love musicals you'd really enjoy it! Ehh, perhaps just bring some tissues just in case. I don't regret watching it :smile: I feel like there are so many great movies out, I haven't seen so many in such a short amount of time in forever (also saw Moana and Split lol) guess it's my favorite way to get my mind off things. How's the long essay going?

Good Luck :smile: I am sure there will be good news! Hahaha an offer early is always a pleasant surprise :tongue: (moral of the story, US admissions ain't systematic so you can receive an offer at any time :wink:)

Hahaha nah it's the present :tongue: or in the future :biggrin: me too!

Yep :biggrin: I'll bring some tissues :rofl: So many great movies, and so little time :/ Moving pictures are a great distraction, like drama, it is a good medium for a person to forget about the present and to be transported into another person's shoes :tongue:

Which long essay :rofl: I have 3-4 essays due next Monday :tongue: Most of my long essays are almost done except for Maths... :/
Good Luck :smile: I am sure there will be good news! Hahaha an offer early is always a pleasant surprise :tongue: (moral of the story, US admissions ain't systematic so you can receive an offer at any time :wink:)

Hahaha nah it's the present :tongue: or in the future :biggrin: me too!

Yep :biggrin: I'll bring some tissues :rofl: So many great movies, and so little time :/ Moving pictures are a great distraction, like drama, it is a good medium for a person to forget about the present and to be transported into another person's shoes :tongue:

Which long essay :rofl: I have 3-4 essays due next Monday :tongue: Most of my long essays are almost done except for Maths... :/

Thank you! :smile: and that's very true, and a bit frustrating lol. Speaking of uni, I officially added UCL, LSE, King's, and Exeter to UCAS because I decided I had nothing to lose :rofl: And future* :tongue:. My bday's in April too but thankfully at the end, so I won't have to have a traumatic day...

Right? I'm not sure how I managed to find time. They really are! It's so nice to be able to forget about everything for a couple hours.

And you poor soul :frown: :console: at least they're almost done! Forgive my ignorance, but how do you IB people even do a long essay with maths? :rofl:
Thank you! :smile: and that's very true, and a bit frustrating lol. Speaking of uni, I officially added UCL, LSE, King's, and Exeter to UCAS because I decided I had nothing to lose :rofl: And future* :tongue:. My bday's in April too but thankfully at the end, so I won't have to have a traumatic day...

Right? I'm not sure how I managed to find time. They really are! It's so nice to be able to forget about everything for a couple hours.

And you poor soul :frown: :console: at least they're almost done! Forgive my ignorance, but how do you IB people even do a long essay with maths? :rofl:

:hugs: why no St Andrews :cry2: Hahaha yep you do have nothing to lose :tongue: 4 more unis for one fee! I'll remember to say happy birthday to you sometime in late April then :biggrin:

Hahaha people will always find time for entertainment :yep: but reality hits hard once they finish... :/

Thank you for the :console: yep they are then it is preparation for exams :biggrin: with great effort because it is torture... well we find a topic to explore in maths and we write an essay on it based on an exploration... :tongue:
:hugs: why no St Andrews :cry2: Hahaha yep you do have nothing to lose :tongue: 4 more unis for one fee! I'll remember to say happy birthday to you sometime in late April then :biggrin:

Hahaha people will always find time for entertainment :yep: but reality hits hard once they finish... :/

Thank you for the :console: yep they are then it is preparation for exams :biggrin: with great effort because it is torture... well we find a topic to explore in maths and we write an essay on it based on an exploration... :tongue:

Can you explain St Andrew's to me? Like why does it seem to be so popular especially to Americans? Like I never even heard of it until I started researching universities, it just seems like such a random uni to be popular with Americans :lol:
Original post by Steliata
GET THIS ON MEMEBRIDGE!!!

I've now meme-ified it a bit. And it's now something for SBM to stick on her wall to focus her mind! (although poor resolution)

missme.jpg

Maybe I should add "...and you'll be driving a blue Mk1 Fiesta for the rest of your life"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NeverLucky
Can you explain St Andrew's to me? Like why does it seem to be so popular especially to Americans? Like I never even heard of it until I started researching universities, it just seems like such a random uni to be popular with Americans :lol:

The fact that Prince William went there helped raise its profile in the US, plus it being the home of golf. More importantly, though, it has a liberal arts course that looks a lot like a US undergraduate course and it markets itself heavily in the US.

Latest

Trending

Trending