The Student Room Group

Switching course before the start of the degree ?

Hi everyone,

I received an offer from Cambridge few days ago but I was slowly wondering if it would be possible to switch from one course to another (quite close) before matriculation ? Should I wait until I start studying over there ? Should I contact my college as soon as possible ?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by indvolda
Hi everyone,

I received an offer from Cambridge few days ago but I was slowly wondering if it would be possible to switch from one course to another (quite close) before matriculation ? Should I wait until I start studying over there ? Should I contact my college as soon as possible ?

Thanks

They won't remove your offer if you ask the question. Edit to be clear: and you should ask that question sooner (i.e now) rather than later :smile:

And don't forget the Tripos system does enable people to change course anyway (subject to various things including the agreement of both DoSs).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
They won't remove your offer if you ask the question.

And don't forget the Tripos system does enable people to change course anyway (subject to various things including the agreement of both DoSs).

Thank you !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

Thanks

Just curious :tongue:

from HSPS to what? :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by wolfmoon88
Just curious :tongue:

from HSPS to what? :biggrin:

Well I'm thinking about History and Politics haha :wink:
Well I'm thinking about History and Politics haha :wink:

Coool :biggrin: the new course :tongue:

Good Luck :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by wolfmoon88
Coool :biggrin: the new course :tongue:

Good Luck :biggrin:

I can't rep you but thank you :smile:
I can't rep you but thank you :smile:

Hahaha it's ok about the rep :wink: :tongue:
Hi everyone,

Thanks

As @jneill said, asking won't jeopardise your offer, but if you're quite sure you want to change, it'd be better to talk with them as early as possible. Actually it may be a good idea to discuss with them even If you're not so sure as it's a new course, you may want to know more info before you make up your mind.

If they agree, they'll need to re-arrange your supervision schedule, which can effect other students' supervision arrangements on the same course as well. They'd want to avoid having to do that at the last minute just before matriculation when they're, again, very busy.
Original post by vincrows
As @jneill said, asking won't jeopardise your offer, but if you're quite sure you want to change, it'd be better to talk with them as early as possible. Actually it may be a good idea to discuss with them even If you're not so sure as it's a new course, you may want to know more info before you make up your mind.

This is good advice and in your interests. The answer might well be 'no' and you want to know this before deciding which offers to firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending