The Student Room Group

Hard brexit here we come!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by astutehirstute
Why is your Muslim population doubling in two years an issue? :biggrin:

You will find out, or your children and grandchildren will. Demography is destiny. You will eventually become foreigners in your own land.

That is impossible. It's my country, I cannot become a foreigner in it. Your disgustingly xenophobic logic is flawed. Didn't expect anything else from a Brexiteer. Bunch of uneducated racists. Good thing you'll never amount to much in life.

Good thing too. Germans throughout history have had a taste for invading OTHER people's countries. It is poetic justice that the old Vaterland is going to be taken over by a foreign invasion.

Good thing we're not getting invaded!

But at least previous generations had a bit of fight in them. If perhaps a bit too much. :smile: Your generation are so guilty about the sins of the Nazis [..]

No, that was my parents generation. Do you even know anything about history?

You are bending over and letting that take you up the rear. Or your women's rears.

So helping refugees is bending over, huh? You're properly deluded? Or had your girlfriend taken by a Muslim? Yeah, that must be it. Butthurt much?

But it is great that you are having to take them, pay for them, be culturally transformed by them. It takes the pressure off us, [...]

Ah, more than welcome, buddy. All of Europe knows that your laughable economy is faltering, your crumbling infrastructure incapable of absorbing more people, we're glad to help out.

Laughing at the fastest growing economy in the G7 last year, (according to the IMF) after the Brexit vote?

Yup, and look at your pathetic currency now, and how your only major industry is planning relocation. You're the laughing stock of Europe, mate! Not that you weren't before...
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
x

The irony of you calling people xenophobic is just hysterical, or maybe hypocritcal is the better word.
Original post by _Morsey_
The irony of you calling people xenophobic is just hysterical, or maybe hypocritcal is the better word.

Is it? Do you see a difference between hating and demonising a whole group of people purely and indiscriminately because of their religion, and disliking a part of a nation for voting on an issue based off of a racist and nationalist campaign? You should, you really should.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Most of what has been set out as goals can be achieved by simply walking away. Of the 12 points only 2 are clearly affected and maybe 2 or 3 collaterally so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a line which isn't open to her and still looks terrible from "Downing Street sources"
Reply 144
Original post by _Morsey_

It's both.
Is it? Do you see a difference between hating and demonising a whole group of people purely and indiscriminately because of their religion, and disliking a part of a nation for voting on an issue based off of a racist and nationalist campaign? You should, you really should.
It still amazes me that people choose to stick their heads in the sand instead of facing what is staring them in the face. Take the easy way out as I don't want to be called racist. Let everyone into the country - they can't all be terrorists.

You can say good bye to your economy as the migrants rape it dry. You can say goodbye to pork products. You can say goodbye to alcohol. Women will not be allowed to go out without a man. This is your future. Get used to it while you hide in your Liberal bubble.

Show me one aspect of the Vote Leave campaign that was 'racist'. Go on.

Did you know that the UK is the only country in the world to have a 'banter' culture?

Feels good man

Seriously the very fact that the google definition and accepted definition of racism isn't even accurate or correct and to go around calling people racist in the wrong context just shows how much of a libtard, snowflake philostines some remoaners and some pro EU people actually are. E.g TitanicTeutonicPhil

If anything their the hypocrites by generalizing that all British citizens who voted for brexit are all racists, Islamophobic, xenophobic nationalists and that every brexit voter only voted because of immigration
(edited 7 years ago)
I actually really surprised that a remain PM like may would actually do the right thing...wow...kind of lost for words. I wonder if it's to do with her cabinet, or the fact that the EU is kicking up mud within negotiations? either way - fantastic news. leaving the EU completely was always going to be the best way to go if we want to control our nation's policies as a democracy.

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 150
A majority of the British population voting to leave the EU following a campaign run purely on nationalism and xenophobia. Your most-read newspapers perpetuating hostility towards the EU, Europe, and immigrants.

Citation needed.

Did you know that the UK is the only country in the world to have a 'banter' culture? All you're doing is putting each other down 'for fun'. That really speaks volumes about the climate and general sentiment in your society. Hostility, dog-eat-dog, us-against-them. Disgusting. Most languages don't even have an equivalent of 'banter'. Why would you want to tease and put down others, let alone your friends, for no reason? Why do you feel the need to put yourself above others? Phantom limb pains of a lost empire?

Is the most irrational, hypersensitive non-sequitur I've ever read. What inspired this screed?

You don't. You really don't. Have you spoken to other Leavers?

To quote Nigel Farage:

I love Europe. I think it is the most wonderful, exciting continent on the planet. It has within it such limited geography, such massive diversity. You travel 100 miles through Europe you find different languages, different cultures, different histories and different cheeses. It is a wonderful place.

It's a very common sentiment among Leavers, particularly those leading the campaign.

The EU isn't yoking anyone down. It's to everyone's benefit, and you very soon will wish you were still in it.

We shall see.
Original post by sleepysnooze
I actually really surprised that a remain PM like may would actually do the right thing...wow...kind of lost for words. I wonder if it's to do with her cabinet, or the fact that the EU is kicking up mud within negotiations? either way - fantastic news. leaving the EU completely was always going to be the best way to go if we want to control our nation's policies as a democracy.

A lot to do with David Davis. The man is relentless.
Original post by tomywomy
Seriously the very fact that the google definition and accepted definition of racism isn't even accurate or correct and to go around calling people racist in the wrong context just shows how much of a libtard, snowflake philostines the remoaners and pro EU people actually are. E.g TitanicTeutonicPhil

If anything their the hypocrites by generalizing that all British citizens who voted for brexit are all racists, Islamophobic, xenophobic nationalists and that every brexit voter only voted because of immigration

If you don't like insults and generalisations then why are you being insulting and generalising?

Isn't that a bit hypocritical of you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jape
Citation needed.

Did you follow the Leave campaign at all? Seriously, did you?

Denying things don't make them go away. Not all Leave voters are xenophobic nationalists, but by having cast your vote that way (and still not regretting it, despite the evidence mounting that it was a monumental, historical mistake), you joined their ranks. Now go on, defend their disgusting, toxic political views.

Original post by jape
Is the most irrational, hypersensitive non-sequitur I've ever read. What inspired this screed?

No, it's a factual societal observation, explaining the rampant nationalism, xenophobia and general hostility in Britain.

Original post by jape

To quote Nigel Farage:

I love Europe. I think it is the most wonderful, exciting continent on the planet. It has within it such limited geography, such massive diversity. You travel 100 miles through Europe you find different languages, different cultures, different histories and different cheeses. It is a wonderful place.

It's a very common sentiment among Leavers, particularly those leading the campaign.

Ok, that's it. I give up. You're seriously quoting Nigel Farage, one of the most disgusting liars and xenophobes in Europe, objectively exposed to have mislead the British public for his own gain, universally shunned by respected politicians the world over? You are even dumber than I thought. Do you even have a degree?
Reply 154
I realise this is a waste of time but I can't sleep and you're infuriatingly obtuse.

Did you follow the Leave campaign at all? Seriously, did you?

Yes. I supported it.

Denying things don't make them go away.

Did someone steal all your mirrors? Crikey.

Not all Leave voters are xenophobic nationalists

Oh boy, progress of a sort.

but by having cast your vote that way (and still not regretting it, despite the evidence mounting that it was a monumental, historical mistake)

Ahahahahaha

What evidence? I feel better about my vote now than I did at the turn of the year. It's a great time to be British and Whitehall have the power in this negotiation.

you joined their ranks.

Oh, so I am a xenophobe now? So much for progress.

Now go on, defend their disgusting, toxic political views.

Not everyone should be allowed on to our pleasant little island. Some of them won't acclimate to our savage, cruel culture. Some won't contribute economically. Some will try and blow us up. Not many, but really one or two is enough to cause serious problems.

No, it's a factual societal observation, explaining the rampant nationalism, xenophobia and general hostility in Britain.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Ok, that's it. I give up. You're seriously quoting Nigel Farage, one of the most disgusting liars and xenophobes in Europe, objectively exposed to have mislead the British public for his own gain, universally shunned by respected politicians the world over? You are even dumber than I thought. Do you even have a degree?

I'm so enlightened and sure of myself and I'm basically a more cultured Noam Chomsky, but please don't provide me any evidence that what I'm saying is worth less than the keys I used to type it out on or else I'll go into spams and call you dumb.

And no, you dullard, I don't have my degree yet. I'm a student. Hence The Student Room.
If Farage is a liar then Juncker must also be a liar then. Juncker said one cannot democratically challenge European treaties. Whether he's right or not, the words already came out of his mouth and pretty much every anti-EU party picked up on it.
Original post by jape
I realise this is a waste of time but I can't sleep and you're infuriatingly obtuse.

I agree, you have no points to make, are fighting a lost cause, and quoted Farage, quite a waste of time. And if my vote turned out to be as idiotic as yours, I couldn't sleep either!

Original post by jape
Yes. I supported it.

I gathered that much from your delusion and obvious lack of intelligence. I still doubt you really followed it though.

Original post by jape
What evidence? I feel better about my vote now than I did at the turn of the year. It's a great time to be British and Whitehall have the power in this negotiation.

Oh, things like your currency tanking, making the imports you are so dependent on quite expensive, or your only relevant industry preparing to move thousands of staff (think of the lost value added and tax revenue) outside the country? Or May showcasing how she got absolutely nowhere with her negotiations and had her 'demands' thrown in her face by Brussels? You're the laughing stock of Europe, and at the mercy of Brussels - a great time to be British indeed.

Original post by jape
Oh, so I am a xenophobe now? So much for progress.

Potentially, yes, as you're siding with xenophobes, supporting a cause that was run on a xenophobic platform.

Original post by jape
Not everyone should be allowed on to our pleasant little island. Some of them won't acclimate to our savage, cruel culture. Some won't contribute economically. Some will try and blow us up. Not many, but really one or two is enough to cause serious problems.

Thinly, poorly veiled xenophobia, and lack of empathy with war refugees. True about the savage culture though.

Original post by jape
I'm so enlightened and sure of myself and I'm basically a more cultured Noam Chomsky, but please don't provide me any evidence that what I'm saying is worth less than the keys I used to type it out on or else I'll go into spams and call you dumb.

Trite, pseudo-intellectual drivel, failing to detract from the fact you nothing worthwhile for a counter. Just like Farage then, rhetorically.

Original post by jape
And no, you dullard, I don't have my degree yet. I'm a student. Hence The Student Room.

So the postgraduate and mature students sub-forums are just for decoration then, you halfwit? I'm seriously tired of discussing with uneducated children on here.
Well, I sure hope she is able to turn the UK into a global country compared to the inward looking EU. /s

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 1.13.00 PM.jpg
Original post by shawn_o1
If Farage is a liar then Juncker must also be a liar then. Juncker said one cannot democratically challenge European treaties. Whether he's right or not, the words already came out of his mouth and pretty much every anti-EU party picked up on it.

What he said was:-

"Il ne peut y avoir de choix démocratique contre les traités européens, on ne peut pas sortir de l'euro sans sortir de l'Union européenne."

"There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties, one cannot exit the euro without leaving the EU."

This was said in the context of a suggestion that the Greek voters decide to return to the Drachma but remain in the EU.

Frankly that is an unexceptional comment.
Original post by Drewski
Nope.
Neither guaranteed good nor guaranteed bad, just keeping an open mind about it.

No. You don't mind. And neither do some of the other people in the country. But some do. Ignoring their point of view isn't very friendly.

And I do love the irony in your post. Unintended as it was. It's cute that you're so rattled by us. Clearly, if we're as insignificant as you say then you wouldn't be making half the fuss you are. You're adorable :h:

The fuss is the realization that so much humanity is complete shite. Even in our own backyards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending