The Student Room Group

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2017 Entry

WELCOME to the Cambridge 2017 offer holders thread!

For reference, here's the link to the Decisions Info and FAQ thread. And, there's lots of useful information about Cambridge and related stuff in the Applicants - Part 2 thread.

Please use the "Decisions [No Discussion]" thread to share the details of your decision.

Of course all are welcome in this thread - offer holders and those who will be amazing somewhere else :grouphugs:

And >this< is the ONLY official FB group for Cambridge Offer Holders - do not use any others otherwise you will be spammed! (HT @daniilS)

College JCRs will also be setting up their own FB groups in due course - again, check they are official to avoid spam :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Congrats to every offer holder! :smile:

Remember that you still have to work hard to achieve your offer conditions by the end of this academic year.
Each mark counts, trust me. :wink:
Reply 2
Cambridge students pranking like...

Congrats everyone!
(edited 7 years ago)
Some post grads had offers since December. Don't think they'd know about this thread
Reply 4
Someone make a part 3 thread or else we'll have to use this one prematurely 😈
Reply 5
Original post by daniilS
Someone make a part 3 thread or else we'll have to use this one prematurely 😈

Part 3 happened automatically :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jneill
Part 3 happened automatically :smile:

The more you know...
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
The prospectus is the closest I'll get to Cambridge University :frown:

Spoiler

That's a shame for Cambridge. You look like a nice guy (assuming that your avatar is indeed you) and seem to always have a quick wit. Any university should be pleased to add you to their student ranks.
Reply 8
Original post by jneill
Not so long to go now until Decision Day on the 12th Jan so it's time to start this new thread - good luck everyone!

For reference, here's the link to the Decisions Info and FAQ thread. And, lots of useful information about Cambridge and related stuff in the Applicants - Part 2 thread here.

Please use the "Decisions [No Discussion]" thread to share the details of your decision.

Of course, all are welcome in this thread - offer holders and those who will be amazing somewhere else :grouphugs:

And >this< is the ONLY official FB group for Cambridge Offer Holders - do not use any others otherwise you will be spammed! College JCRs will also be setting up their own FB groups in due course - again, check they are official to avoid spam :wink: (HT @daniilS)

How can one check they are official? Is there any way to avoid spam other than avoid any social media and chat sites?
Reply 9
Original post by Bunratty
How can one check they are official? Is there any way to avoid spam other than avoid any social media and chat sites?

It *should* say "Official... whatever". Spammers get thrown off FB if they say they are official but aren't.

Alternatively post a link on here and someone will check it...

FB is used extensively by the CUSU and JCRs so it's a good idea to join their groups, but you are right to keep an element of scepticism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
It *should* say "Official... whatever". Spammers get thrown off FB if they say they are official but aren't.

Alternatively post a link on here and someone will check it...

FB is used extensively by the CUSU and JCRs so it's a good idea to join their groups, but you are right to keep an element of scepticism.

Thanks for your reply, and nice to know that I have at last got something right on here.😉
I'm going to go ahead and join this thread because I have an unconditional offer (met my offer last year but had to defer for a year due to unforeseen medical complications). Good luck to you all for tomorrow!

Love to talk to any Philosophers or Pembroke offer holders :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Platopus
I'm going to go ahead and join this thread because I have an unconditional offer (met my offer last year but had to defer for a year due to unforeseen medical complications). Good luck to you all for tomorrow!

Love to talk to any Philosophers or Pembroke offer holders :smile:

Yay! Welcome (back)!
Original post by jneill
Yay! Welcome (back)!

Thank you :smile: I've been watching (non creepily), if not commenting often.
Oh my gosh, funniest thing. Only two students from my college last year (including myself) got an Oxbridge offer and they made a big deal of taking our picture. Just looked at my school's 'Oxbridge' page on their website and the picture on the tab is of two OTHER girls in my year (both stunning, one a model) who never even applied to Oxbridge. I guess I just wasn't pretty enough! Didn't want my picture up for all to see, but I can't believe a SCHOOL would so blatantly prioritise looks when they are meant to be a place of learning...
Oh my gosh, funniest thing. Only two students from my college last year (including myself) got an Oxbridge offer and they made a big deal of taking our picture. Just looked at my school's 'Oxbridge' page on their website and the picture on the tab is of two OTHER girls in my year (both stunning, one a model) who never even applied to Oxbridge. I guess I just wasn't pretty enough! Didn't want my picture up for all to see, but I can't believe a SCHOOL would so blatantly prioritise looks when they are meant to be a place of learning...

That's awful. It's just me (we get about 1 every 5 years!) and my head of sixth form has given me a choice about whether or not they put it on the school website.
Original post by rayofsunshine98
That's awful. It's just me (we get about 1 every 5 years!) and my head of sixth form has given me a choice about whether or not they put it on the school website.

Congrats :smile:

The stupid thing is, they didn't need to put a photo of anyone up. And it certainly wouldn't have happened if two boys had gotten in. There seems to be a prejudice against putting up photos of unattractive girls. Whereas boys are allowed to look 'geeky', girls have to be clever AND pretty at all times. I think it's sexist and degrading.
I guess I can post here now:biggrin: Is it just me or has anyone else spent a considerable amount of time today rereading their email and pinching themselves to make sure they're not dreaming?:tongue:

God, that's awful - I bet you're glad to have got out of there!
Congrats :smile:

The stupid thing is, they didn't need to put a photo of anyone up. And it certainly wouldn't have happened if two boys had gotten in. There seems to be a prejudice against putting up photos of unattractive girls. Whereas boys are allowed to look 'geeky', girls have to be clever AND pretty at all times. I think it's sexist and degrading.

Yeah it's so stupid.
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
I guess I can post here now:biggrin: Is it just me or has anyone else spent a considerable amount of time today rereading their email and pinching themselves to make sure they're not dreaming?:tongue:

God, that's awful - I bet you're glad to have got out of there!

I keep walking around school going "What the ****." because i cant believe it.

Latest

Trending

Trending