The Student Room Group

Farmer shoots two huskies, one of them dies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
I can't understand why she didn't have them on a lead near a field if they are prone to running wild.

apparently ran out of the house when she came home - dunno about the exact domestic arrangements here but dogs can get pretty fed up being locked inside all day and get super excitable about escaping. Probably not a suitable pet to have if you're going to be out all day.
Original post by Joinedup
apparently ran out of the house when she came home - dunno about the exact domestic arrangements here but dogs can get pretty fed up being locked inside all day and get super excitable about escaping. Probably not a suitable pet to have if you're going to be out all day.

Oh yeah one of my neighbors is out all day and leaves their dog inside all day, always hear it barking madly a lot of the time.
Original post by econwarwicker
"I know a lot about farming hence I am right and you all are wrong" Sorry that's not how it works mate. I realise you must have gotten a little emotional when I said farming was a dying industry.

At the end of the day, you've assumed that Im questioning the decision but im not. I agree with the verdict, read what I said then come at me again.

I am right just as all the other people who have already said it are right, that is the very reason that sheep worrying is a crime, because of the damage it causes.

I have assumed nothing, I know that you have no understanding agriculture, you said it yourself. I never questioned your opinion of the actual verdict, just your doubt of harm caused.
Original post by Willy Pete
I am right just as all the other people who have already said it are right, that is the very reason that sheep worrying is a crime, because of the damage it causes.

I have assumed nothing, I know that you have no understanding agriculture, you said it yourself. I never questioned your opinion of the actual verdict, just your doubt of harm caused.

I couldn't care less whether or not I have an understanding in agriculture. Sorry. You have fun with that degree though.
I couldn't care less whether or not I have an understanding in agriculture. Sorry. You have fun with that degree though.

I have already done a degree and not in agriculture.
Original post by Mistletoe
Btw why don't they have rams to protect them? And where are all the rams? Do male lambs get killed at birth or something?

Rams largely live separately to the main flock and have no protection instinct and are no more equipped to defend themselves or the other sheep

And as for the question - lol no

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock Fan
Story about a farmer here who shot two huskies when they ran into his farm with one of them dying and another left seriously injured, there are claims that he didn't fire a warning shot first before he shot them. Was it fair he shot them?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/farmer-shot-two-beautiful-huskies-12465875

Catagorically 100% right.

Bleeding heart city people who havent got a clue about the country who only see the "cute ickle doggies" and not the damage they can do.

The farmer didn't lose any money and he couldn't have known 100% that his sheep would be attacked.

He didnt know they wouldnt either. The dogs were on his lands, Dogs WILL attack and kill sheep, the dogs were unsupervised.
(edited 7 years ago)
Rather pathetic and hypocritical that people thought this was fine when you're going to eat those lambs anyway.

We get it, you're vegan.
Original post by prazzyjazzy
We get it, you're vegan.

No I'm a filthy meat eater.

I think the anti-vegans are more annoying though wouldnt you say?
I'm not a Farmer.
No I'm a filthy meat eater.

I think the anti-vegans are more annoying though wouldnt you say?

I dunno I eat everything
Original post by prazzyjazzy
I dunno I eat everything

thats disgusting whats he eating
The assumption being that you were 100% certain the dogs will kill the lamb. Don't try and bait me with an inaccurate metaphor.

You don't need to be 100% certain, at that point you're already losing money. The fact you see that as baiting and refuse to answer just tells us all that what's going to happen to property is irrelevant to the defence of it.

Would you also have a problem if it were a pair of wolves, or is it simply because huskies are cute fluffy and domesticated?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
thats disgusting whats he eating

A burger. Don't be rood, that's a rare squirrel native only to America.
Hopefully this serves as a warning to all dog owners - keep your dogs on a ****ing lead. It doesn't matter how well you think you "know" them, they're animals and you can never predict their behaviour 100%. Especially when you've got two dogs together, dogs are known for their "pack mentality" and there's absolutely no saying that they, for example, wouldn't attack a child, too, should they come across one.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending