The Student Room Group

What's the most unusual sport you've heard of?

From extreme ironing, to chess boxing, and everything inbetween, there are a lot of weird and wonderful sports out there! But what's the most unusual sport you've heard of?

And what's the most unusual one you've played? :colone:
Unicycle (American) Football. :yes:

[video="youtube;XzNof-JM7N4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzNof-JM7N4[/video]
Reply 2
Original post by shadowdweller
From extreme ironing, to chess boxing, and everything inbetween, there are a lot of weird and wonderful sports out there! But what's the most unusual sport you've heard of?

And what's the most unusual one you've played? :colone:

American Football (Otherwise known as eggball).
Turkish Oil Wrestling is a bit sexy.

Not quite as 'out there' as some of these that have been posted, but I've played both waterpolo (no, it doesn't involve horses in water! And Prince William played it at university) and I played Korfball once (a bit like basketball and netball, but more weird). There was also an octopush society at my uni! (like hockey but underwater)
Original post by Wilfred Little

I was so thinking I would love to get involved in this, but it looks quite homosexual, why are they shoving their hands down one another's pants?
Reply 6
^
checking the lubrication of the oil
Cheese rolling.

A fine British sport for all the family. Just try not to break any bones.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KOyQBSMeIhM

Another British one .... the man vs horse marathon, where people try and occasionally suceeed in outrunning a horse over distance.
Original post by Wilfred Little

Where do I sign up?
Original post by Pikachū
^
checking the lubrication of the oil

>move to Muslim country
>gonna be manly af
>no more degeneracy
>wtf have to cover my naked body in oil
>start wearing kohl
>bacha bazi