The Student Room Group

Unit 2 mcq problem

IMAG0165.jpg

Can someone please explain to me why the answer is b?
The waves are arriving at Y 'in phase' therefore interfering constructively and making a maxima

a phase difference of 2pi is the same thing as a phase difference of 0 - sinusoid waves go on forever repeating the same motion every 2pi (360 deg) i.e. it's a slightly trick question. (same would also apply at 4pi, 6pi etc...)

presumably the possible answers didn't include pi & 0 (in which case the question would be bugged)
Reply 2
Original post by Joinedup
The waves are arriving at Y 'in phase' therefore interfering constructively and making a maxima

a phase difference of 2pi is the same thing as a phase difference of 0 - sinusoid waves go on forever repeating the same motion every 2pi (360 deg) i.e. it's a slightly trick question. (same would also apply at 4pi, 6pi etc...)

presumably the possible answers didn't include pi & 0 (in which case the question would be bugged)

Yeah they didn't include pi and 0. Hence I was a little bit confused. I had my As physics yesterday. Thankfully nothing weird came like this and thanks for the explanation though :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest