The Student Room Group

MSc Programme not eligible for funding

Hello! I want to share my case and I will highly appreciate your help and assistance!
I had applied for a postgraduate loan to fund my MSc Marketing Management course at University of Derby, full-time, January starters. However, today I received a letter from Student Finance England stating that I am not approved to be provided with a loan due to the fact that the course I am studying is not considered eligible for postgraduate loan funding. I immediately contacted SFE EU students to get some more information and a representative confirmed that the MSc Marketing Management course is not eligible. However, I contacted University of Derby too and I was informed that this course was only been added today (January 18th) to the SFE database and it takes up to 24 hours for the system to update. In addition, I was advised to apply for a PG loan online again. I am afraid that the online application system do not let me to register due to the fact that I have already applied sending a form via post and I am already a registered student. However, I am still not provided with a password and an answer of the secret question to allow me check my online account and monitor the progress of my situation. If it helps, here is the course code for the programme: 796057 and I can provide a CRN too.
Thank you in advance!
Original post by Veselina
Hello! I want to share my case and I will highly appreciate your help and assistance!
I had applied for a postgraduate loan to fund my MSc Marketing Management course at University of Derby, full-time, January starters. However, today I received a letter from Student Finance England stating that I am not approved to be provided with a loan due to the fact that the course I am studying is not considered eligible for postgraduate loan funding. I immediately contacted SFE EU students to get some more information and a representative confirmed that the MSc Marketing Management course is not eligible. However, I contacted University of Derby too and I was informed that this course was only been added today (January 18th) to the SFE database and it takes up to 24 hours for the system to update. In addition, I was advised to apply for a PG loan online again. I am afraid that the online application system do not let me to register due to the fact that I have already applied sending a form via post and I am already a registered student. However, I am still not provided with a password and an answer of the secret question to allow me check my online account and monitor the progress of my situation. If it helps, here is the course code for the programme: 796057 and I can provide a CRN too.
Thank you in advance!

Are you at Derby?

If so visit the SMART team in person (details at the bottom of http://www.derby.ac.uk/study/fees/ ) and ask them to ring up SFE while you're there to get your application sorted out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending