The Student Room Group

Stupidest fashion trends

:laugh: I am just looking back at some old photos and chuckling to myself .

Peddle pushers
Slip on Skechers
Octopus camo pants

What was I thinking !? Although some trends seems to have come back around

Chokers
Bumbags
Disco pants

But what is the absolute WORST !?
Drawing on eyebrows like what the hell it is just a eyebrow.
I don't like Michael Kors bags. :erm: They're plain, verging on ugly looking - and not the status symbol some people believe them to be. Very ubiquitous and in my opinion, a pseudo designer good. They are only trendy because of the 'designer' appeal and that classifies it as a stupid trend in my eyes. :colonhash:
Reply 3
Those NERD and GEEK tops. A lot of popular girls would wear them with fake glasses and yet have the cheek to mock and bully those who were actually what society would deem as a 'geek':facepalm:Not saying every girl who wore those tops acted like that but I know a fair few who did and it was very hypocritical and annoying.

Omg and those Jane Norman bags 99% of girls had during secondary school back in 2005 :laugh: I admit, I had one for about a week and then gave it to my mum :tongue:
Not really a fan of boots like this
Reply 5
Wearing tights as leggings or overstretched leggings with a short top - never a good look when all you can see is someone's pants and belly bulging over the top
I hope Uggs as a fashion trend completely die and never return. Horrible invention.
Original post by Spock's Socks
Jane Norman bags

2005 was THE year for stupid fashion , it was funny because it was just like the plastic bag you got when you bought something but not even like a garment or an actual bag !! :laugh:
AMENNNN
I could accept ripped jeans, but not rather than being ripped, all jeans have that one single precise tear where the knees are. Like what's the ****ing point. It really gets on my nerves. Fashion designers shouldn't have this much power.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I don't like Michael Kors bags. :erm: They're plain, verging on ugly looking - and not the status symbol some people believe them to be. Very ubiquitous and in my opinion, a pseudo designer good. They are only trendy because of the 'designer' appeal and that classifies it as a stupid trend in my eyes. :colonhash:

Second this. Will judge anyone who wears one of these.

They have become so ubiquitous like you say. The bags aren't "luxury". Michael Kors is a great designer but these bags come from his MICHAEL MICHAEL KORS line, which is a diffusion line targetted at the masses. Other examples include MARC by Marc Jacobs and D&G by Dolce and Gabbana (both have now been scrapped I believe). Most consumers aren't aware of this.

Diffusion lines are secondary/ inferior lines which accessible and a valuable source of company revenue. People think they are buying a designer luxury good... but in reality they aren't. A bag from Michael Kor's original high fashion line will set you back a few thousand. The cheap diffusion line costs £100 or so.
(edited 7 years ago)
Unnatural looking highlight.
Overly drawn on brows.
Foundation lips.
Fake freckles.

Cloth chokers.
Tombstone nails (hooker nails).
Creepers.
Ripped jeans.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
neoliberalism

(haha, edgy)
The unnatural and weird looking gradient eyebrows. Atleast they got both eyebrows looking the same tho..
Original post by Spock's Socks
Those NERD and GEEK tops. A lot of popular girls would wear them with fake glasses and yet have the cheek to mock and bully those who were actually what society would deem as a 'geek':facepalm:Not saying every girl who wore those tops acted like that but I know a fair few who did and it was very hypocritical and annoying.

Omg and those Jane Norman bags 99% of girls had during secondary school back in 2005 :laugh: I admit, I had one for about a week and then gave it to my mum :tongue:

I agree. :smile:

Original post by saraxh
Not really a fan of boots like this

Love those boots. :love:

In answer to the OP;

Stupid eyebrow trend.

Wanting to look like the Kardashian disaster-and the rest of her family.

Clown contouring-yeah, you do look like a clown, congrats.

Holographic everything-I have a holographic phone case, but having everything holographic just looks ridiculous.

I'll edit when I think of more.
makeup

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending