The Student Room Group

Rejected :(

I just got my first response from one of the five unis I applied to and it is King's College. They said that my application had been unsuccessful for International Relations however they said that they are now considering me fro an alternative programmer for History. I'm not sure whether this is a rejection?
I'm quite devastated actually.. now I'm questioning my other choices. If I can't even get into King's College then how can I hold on to the hope of being accepted to LSE :/ (My first choice)
Reply 1
Original post by Sabnamraii
I just got my first response from one of the five unis I applied to and it is King's College. They said that my application had been unsuccessful for International Relations however they said that they are now considering me fro an alternative programmer for History. I'm not sure whether this is a rejection?
I'm quite devastated actually.. now I'm questioning my other choices. If I can't even get into King's College then how can I hold on to the hope of being accepted to LSE :/ (My first choice)

Some people get Oxbridge offers but rejected at others.

They are all different universities so a rejection in one place by no means a rejection elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are your A/AS results?
Reply 3
A friend of mine got the same alternative. I'm not sure she's going to acept though, those are really not the same thing imo!
Reply 4
I got 86% and 100% for the gov and politics first half of the course. I will sit my second half this year along with the others. I am predicted A for gov and pol, A for history and B for business (although I'm sure I can exceed this) I got A for my Pscyhology but I dropped it.
Original post by Samendra
what are your A/AS results?
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
Some people get Oxbridge offers but rejected at others.

They are all different universities so a rejection in one place by no means a rejection elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so that that is the case :/ My heart and mind is set out for LSE <3
well the entry requirements are above your predicted and its a competitive course and so there is no surprise that your got rejected as the entry requirements are AAA.
... okay. That didn't sound very friendly but I know someone who got accepted to LSE with grades low as C.

I wasnt being friendly that was the truth, and their circumstances might have been different, just because 1 person made it doesnt mean you will. That might be 1 in 100. My friends got rejected from LSE with much better grades like A*AA-A*A*A*. If your predicted grades are below the required you are automatically filtered out. If you do make it, props to you but the truth is your chances are slim. Did you apply to unis whose required grades were same or below yours?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending