The Student Room Group

Have you ever been judged for wearing Canada Goose?

Scroll to see replies

Prefer Moncler
Original post by l'etranger
African lion is better tbh.

I hope you're just trolling.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Didn't even know this was a thing NGL :rofl:

ikr i thought they were wearing large migratory birds :s-smilie:
Original post by saraxh
I hope you're just trolling.

Heracles did it.
Not stupid enough to spend that much on a jacket. especially when it hardly justifies it. but I once did have a goosefeather jacket a while ago and it was stupidly warm. In Gemany when It was freezing I was getting pretty hot in it.

But if you buy a jacket that expensive and for no real reason (If the material is expensive like leather it is more justified) you deserve to be judged.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Loving Adidas Originals atm, just got a few pairs in different colours and if they start to look tacky then I replace them with the same pair :lol: I'll get bored of them eventually and move on to something else.

Yep, they are the ones tbh. Some of the City Series releases are lovely.

Just wish they'd stop being dicks and have Stockholm permanently available.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yep, they are the ones tbh. Some of the City Series releases are lovely.

Just wish they'd stop being dicks and have Stockholm permanently available.

Prefer Spezials or Gazelle indoor.
Original post by citibankrec
Prefer Spezials or Gazelle indoor.

Both nice, but not as nice as those or the Stockholms.

Spezials are probably the best release that's constantly available though.

The Jeans as well :cool: Gore-Tex ones :cool:
Original post by JamesN88
They make badass parkas.

The animal rights lot are up in arms 'cause they use goose down and coyote fur.

Are you ****ING kidding me?

I honestly thought that anyone with half a brain cell and a shred of a moral compass wouldn't even consider wearing real fur, due to the hugely dubious origins of the fur.

And you talk so offhandedly about those "animal rights lot who are up in arms about it".

Would you like it if I sent you a video of a mink being skinned alive? You'd be too cowardly to watch it.

Oh and btw, Canada Goose is tacky, only for those with a bit of money but no class.
Reply 49
If you buy Canada goose from Selfridges they come without the fur lined hood, if you are looking at CG but dislike their real fur.
Original post by homeland.lsw
Idk whether u mean judged for wearing it cos of the fur trim and goose down or judged cos of the brand?

I don't own anything by the brand tbh, but I have a bear skin hat (bought from Moscow) and a fox coat (from Poland). When it's especially cold and i'm going somewhere fancy in London, like a dinner, I'll wear those. Do i get looks- of course. But no one has outright said anything critical about them, in fact i've gotten many compliments from wearing them.

When i go to Bulgaria (especially in wintertime) it's commonplace to see people wearing fur. It's both practical and stylish.

Wearing bear fur is "practical and stylish".

I can't even.
Original post by Twinpeaks

I honestly thought that anyone with half a brain cell and a shred of a moral compass wouldn't even consider wearing real fur, due to the hugely dubious origins of the fur.

And you talk so offhandedly about those "animal rights lot who are up in arms about it".

Would you like it if I sent you a video of a mink being skinned alive? You'd be too cowardly to watch it.

Oh and btw, Canada Goose is tacky, only for those with a bit of money but no class.

Money shouts and wealth whispers.
lol at paying the best part of £1,000 for a coat in a country where it doesn't get cold enough to wear it.
Original post by l'etranger
Suede jackets are a crime against taste more than anything. I think it's because furry animals are seen as cute whereas cows are food.

Like I said, the background of fur obtained from mink/ foxes etc is less regulated, and involves a significantly higher risk of cruelty to the animal.

Although the meat/ dairy industry in the UK is not without its issues, at least you can choose to buy free range/ roaming food. You have an essence of control.

You've no idea what the animal suffered for you to have some fur lining for your jacket, so you're toasty when you dash from the car to the shops 10 degrees weather.

If I was going somewhere that required that sort of clothing then yes I would consider wearing one. They're OTT for the UK though IMO. I haven't researched the origins because I don't intent to buy one.

If you insist. I'm not particularly squeamish.

Entirely subjective.
Wearing bear fur is "practical and stylish".

I can't even.

First of all it's a hat, not an entire coat. Second it was vintage.

Practical- keeps my head warm, better quality than other alternatives (once again bearing in mind it was bought in Eastern Europe where fur products are plentiful), a lot easier to maintain. Biodegradable even so much better for the environment than faux fur.

Stylish- I always see fur in high street stores (the faux fur anyway) and tbh, I feel proud wearing fur. I love it. I think the garbage PETA shoves down my throat makes me want to buy even more fur.
Send me as many "animals being skinned alive" as u like, it will change nothing. I will continue to support the fur trade and continue to purchase both fur for myself and also animal decorations for the house i live in.
First of all it's a hat, not an entire coat. Second it was vintage.

Practical- keeps my head warm, better quality than other alternatives (once again bearing in mind it was bought in Eastern Europe where fur products are plentiful), a lot easier to maintain. Biodegradable even so much better for the environment than faux fur.

Stylish- I always see fur in high street stores (the faux fur anyway) and tbh, I feel proud wearing fur. I love it. I think the garbage PETA shoves down my throat makes me want to buy even more fur.
Send me as many "animals being skinned alive" as u like, it will change nothing. I will continue to support the fur trade and continue to purchase both fur for myself and also animal decorations for the house i live in.

Go back to Eastern Europe.

Original post by JamesN88
If I was going somewhere that required that sort of clothing then yes I would consider wearing one. They're OTT for the UK though IMO. I haven't researched the origins because I don't intent to buy one. If you insist. I'm not particularly squeamish. Entirely subjective.

It's not a case of being squeamish, but having some form of empathy for the suffering of the animal for entirely superficial purposes?
(edited 7 years ago)

do you not wear any leather products at all, like leather shoes?

:lol:
Gladly, i'll pack my fur too. It's about -12C in Sofia.
:lol:
Gladly, i'll pack my fur too. It's about -12C in Sofia.

Look as if you need to pack your fur, plenty to spare there. XD I would love to see this hat you mention :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest