Original post by zaynab99
I feel the same. Which group were u in?

group?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by jijakassxo
group?

Yes, for the group activity which was before the interview.
Yes, for the group activity which was before the interview.

table 20, you?
table 20, you?

Table 9. What three diseases did your group get? Or did we all get given different tasks?
Table 9. What three diseases did your group get? Or did we all get given different tasks?

I think it was all the same, DS, SCA and CF
I think it was all the same, DS, SCA and CF

Yes, I thought so. Good luck, when do we get the results?
Yes, I thought so. Good luck, when do we get the results?

have no idea, you too
Forgot to ask, did you guys hear back?
Hey i got an offer from clinsci
Help..!!! My personal statement is on biomedical science. Do I stand a chance in getting into foundation year clinical science at Bradford given that I have the required grades ? And if I do get invited for an interview ( with biomedical science ps), how would the interview be structured ..? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I wasnt even offered an interview eventhough i fulfill the grade requirements, im predicted AAB. What grades are you guys predicted that got interview/offers?
Original post by KyleH123
Is Bradford a decent uni? It has quite a bad reputation from what I've seen so far..

The city has a bad reputation, the University unfortunately suffers with people assuming that extends to the University. The University is the 4th best in Yorkshire behind Leeds, York Uni and Sheffield Uni.
Original post by dont leave blank
Help..!!! My personal statement is on biomedical science. Do I stand a chance in getting into foundation year clinical science at Bradford given that I have the required grades ? And if I do get invited for an interview ( with biomedical science ps), how would the interview be structured ..? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt they'll be keen on that as it's essentially a widening access to medicine course so to take on someone not interested in medicine is against their interests.
Reply 33
what sort of questions are asked in the group interviews ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello

Our admissions team will have to consider the first personal statement they received but they do understand that this has to cover a number of courses. There are no interviews held for Biomedical Sciences so you would be assessed on your application.

Good luck :smile:

Emma
Original post by University of Bradford
Hello

Our admissions team will have to consider the first personal statement they received but they do understand that this has to cover a number of courses. There are no interviews held for Biomedical Sciences so you would be assessed on your application.

Good luck :smile:

Emma

Thank you, I sent my application last week and am a little worried about getting an offer. Can you tell me some reasons why applicants might not receive an offer for the foundation course via route 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, I sent my application last week and am a little worried about getting an offer. Can you tell me some reasons why applicants might not receive an offer for the foundation course via route 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try not to worry about whether or not you will receive an offer now that your application has been sent. If you would like any feedback once a decision has been made then we can look into this but for now please try not to worry, good luck! :smile:

Emma
Original post by University of Bradford
Try not to worry about whether or not you will receive an offer now that your application has been sent. If you would like any feedback once a decision has been made then we can look into this but for now please try not to worry, good luck! :smile:

Emma

Alright thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask at the Foundation in Clinical Science/ Medicine interview?
Thank you
Original post by Gbemi12
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask at the Foundation in Clinical Science/ Medicine interview?
Thank you

Hey. I had an interview for this course in October for the 2017 entry. Here is literally how the interview was and the questions I was asked
So ill skip all the introduction part that they have us.
Firstly we were all split into 2 groups. One group went to do their interviews while the others remained to the group activity. Then the groups switched so the other half went to do the interview. I was part of the first half that had to do the group activity. Basically for this part you are further divided into groups of 6 and given 3 case studies and a computer. You have to work as part of a team to identify the conditions each person from the case study has. While you are working there are interviewers around your table watching you. Here they are mostly assessing your ability to work as part of a team. My advice is very confident and take charge. There will be competition with the other people in the group as everyone is looking to shine but make sure you don't come across as hostile they still want to see how you work in a team

The second part was the interview. Now when I went for my interview most of the people there wanted to do medicine from this degree so had prepared medicine style interview questions. However this wasn't the case. The questions were generic and only about the clinsci course. These were my questions and obviously they won't be exactly the same but hopefully somewhere along these lines. Also not in this order

What I am currently studying?
This one didn't make sense as I'm pretty sure it said so on the sheet.

So I said biology and then she asked me what I'm studying in biology that I enjoyed and explain it to her?
I knew this question was coming up and something that I'm goodoing at is the nervous system and explained it to her. So basically they'll ask you a knowledge based question.

What I learnt from my work experience?
I had only prepared one answer and she asked me what else I learnt. So I would prepare like 2 examples.

Most questions are just from what is on your personal statement. Work experience. The rest is just like a chat. She asked me of I had been to Bradford before and what I thought about the university itself.

I think most of the assessing is done during the group activity. The interview is really shirt and rushed tbh as they are trying to get everyone done. But honestly it's so easy. Everything is really informal.
If you have any more question just dm me. I got a conditional offer and I've selected it for my firm choice. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending