The Student Room Group

Colours for dyeing hair?

Evening!

So Airmed is looking for a new colour to dye her hair (potentially) :awesome:

I've always wanted to do something a little radical with my hair colour for a change. And so far all I have done is gone from dark blonde like this...

Spoiler

to a bronzy kinda brown like this...

Spoiler

Anyway, I can't decide what to do. I know I want a change, but what kind of change? I know that I definitely DON'T want to go blonde. I hate being blonde. Also, my sister is now a full blonde with her hair dyeing, and I don't want to look like her. No offence to her.

So, any suggestions? I've already played with the rose gold/blorange or platinum blonde in my head, but I'm not too sure. I've yet to see a shade that I've though wow at, so here I am asking TSR to help me.

Wow, I am really taking this post-breakup thing seriously. First planning a tattoo and now planning a hair dye, what is my life? :rofl:

P.S actual photos of me so please no hate, I know I look like a right spanner :lol:

Scroll to see replies

I think that you would really suit an auburn colour (though not with the lipstick in pic 2- I'm thinking more of a rosey-brown natural colour or a red) :h:

You're so pretty btw!
How about a reddy light brown? It's a bit of upkeep but it wouldn't be too difficult to reverse if you changed your mind
Reply 3
You would suit ginger hair! You really would :love:

If you ever fancy trying ginger then I can't recommend Superdrug Color Vibrance Mango Copper Burst dye enough :yep:

You'd also suit red - be it dark or bright red. Adore do some really good shades of red and they are semi permanent and contain no ammonia or peroxide so they aren't damaging and they smell amazing unlike most hair dyes.

Let me know what colour you end up going for :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by drriversong
I think that you would really suit an auburn colour (though not with the lipstick in pic 2- I'm thinking more of a rosey-brown natural colour or a red) :h:

You're so pretty btw!

Damn, that's one of my favourite lipsticks too :sad: I've also fallen in love with darker lipsticks in the past few months. :rofl:

Aw, thank you, but I'm really not. The joys of make-up make me look my age. Otherwise, I look 16 :laugh:

Original post by claireestelle
How about a reddy light brown? It's a bit of upkeep but it wouldn't be too difficult to reverse if you changed your mind

That sounds nice! I wouldn't mind the upkeep if I liked it either, and well reversing isn't that hard. I just can't be blonde again, or go back to my dark blonde. I hated it so much.
Original post by Airmed
Damn, that's one of my favourite lipsticks too :sad: I've also fallen in love with darker lipsticks in the past few months. :rofl:

Aw, thank you, but I'm really not. The joys of make-up make me look my age. Otherwise, I look 16 :laugh:

It suits you really well as a brunette but it wouldn't suit a red head :h: That's the most annoying thing about dyeing your hair- you have to update your makeup too :'(
Reply 6
Original post by drriversong
It suits you really well as a brunette but it wouldn't suit a red head :h: That's the most annoying thing about dyeing your hair- you have to update your makeup too :'(

Hmm, yeah, that is an issue. But thankfully I have a wide range of lipsticks, a lot of nude shades. I just have been neglecting them recently for my darker ones. Poor things must hate me.
Reply 7
Original post by Spock's Socks
You would suit ginger hair! You really would :love:

If you ever fancy trying ginger then I can't recommend Superdrug Color Vibrance Mango Copper Burst dye enough :yep:

You'd also suit red - be it dark or bright red. Adore do some really good shades of red and they are semi permanent and contain no ammonia or peroxide so they aren't damaging and they smell amazing unlike most hair dyes.

Let me know what colour you end up going for :smile:

Yeah, I'm pale enough for ginger :tongue: The dye I used on my hair to get rid of the blonde was a semi permanent and no ammonia and peroxide, which was amazing :yep:

Will do :h:
Reply 8
Green. Obv.
Reply 9
Silver
Reply 10
Original post by jneill
Green. Obv.

Dye my hair green for St Patrick's day :mmm:

Original post by spanker
Silver

Tempting, actually. I just worry that it would take ages to get the desired colour
Original post by Airmed
Dye my hair green for St Patrick's day :mmm:

Tempting, actually. I just worry that it would take ages to get the desired colour

def green :yep:

Spoiler

blonde would actually suit you :smile:
Purple pls

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
def green :yep:

Spoiler

Cheese, we discussed this :rofl:

Original post by saraxh
blonde would actually suit you :smile:

I know :sad: We're all blondes in the family really, I was born with shocking blonde hair which darkened as I got older. Except, I just hate blonde.
TSR blue. I hear it's very fashionable this year. :yes:

In all seriousness, I like @Spock's Socks' idea!
Original post by Airmed

I know :sad: We're all blondes in the family really, I was born with shocking blonde hair which darkened as I got older. Except, I just hate blonde.

:mmm: Tbh I think you suit all colours so pick your favourite :wink:
There must be one that you prefer already :mmm:
Reply 17
Original post by Kravence
Purple pls

Spoiler

Wow, while that is nice, I don't think I would have the confidence to pull it off!

Original post by Paracosm
TSR blue. I hear it's very fashionable this year. :yes:

In all seriousness, I like @Spock's Socks' idea!

*rocks up to TSR towers with blue hair*

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:mmm: Tbh I think you suit all colours so pick your favourite :wink:
There must be one that you prefer already :mmm:

IDK, SO MANY TO CHOOSE.
Original post by Airmed

If you ever decide to go blonde don't do it yourself because it usually doesn't end well :rofl:
Reply 19
Original post by saraxh
If you ever decide to go blonde don't do it yourself because it usually doesn't end well :rofl:

Oh God, no, I would pay to. I'm willing to pay for this as well

Quick Reply

Latest