The Student Room Group

why does my boyfriend not text me much?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a few months, however, I notice he just doesn't message me much, even if he's online, but will reply affectionately to me if I say hello. However, he asks to Skype me every night, and we speak for an hour. Do you think maybe he's just somebody who prefers face to face interaction? I mean messaging me a hello, or a good morning once in a while wouldn't hurt. Today he randomly text me 'I love you' so that's something!

I consequently, haven't been texting him all day either (but we will Skype late at night instead), because I just think maybe he isn't much of a texter. Even today, I casually text him 'what are you doing?', he replies with 'I'm waiting for you to call me', he could've just messaged me and asked when I was available to Skype, if I hadn't messaged, would he have just sat there waiting for hours until I did? I'm confused. My ex was BIG on texting, he text all day so I'm struggling to understand my current boyfriend. Is he just not a texter, or is he just waiting for me to message first each time? His responses are really quick too.
I don't understand the problem... you call him to speak every night, and he texts you cute messages? It seems you have it pretty good and are worrying over nothing :smile:

why not just ask him instead of an internet forum who has never met either of you?
Reply 2
Not everyone texts all day. Your boyfriend is among those who do not do that.

There is no problem here.
Reply 3
Original post by seyrose
I don't understand the problem... you call him to speak every night, and he texts you cute messages? It seems you have it pretty good and are worrying over nothing :smile:

why not just ask him instead of an internet forum who has never met either of you?

Yeah maybe I am just worrying over nothing. It just feels weird not hearing from him all day until about 10pm at night. I suppose all the talking during Skype is more than enough. I just like to feel somewhat in touch with him during the day too, I feel so distant from him until night time. I know he's quite busy, he has some exams coming up so is studying 7-8 hours a day and he's a workaholic, that's probably it. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Michiyo
Not everyone texts all day. Your boyfriend is among those who do not do that.

There is no problem here.

Fair enough. Initially, I had doubts whether he was even into me at all because first he was rarely messaging me or starting conversations, but would call me every other day or so when he wanted to, only now is he wanting to Skype every single day and is sometimes initiating conversations with me too, so I don't doubt his feelings anymore really.
Reply 5
nothing to worry about.

I don't like to text my girlfriend much (I'm not much of a texter myself, but I do anyway just to keep her happy) but we do video chat as much as possible and I much prefer that. I can understand why he probably doesn't want to text much (ofc nothing personal just a preference)

Quick Reply

Latest