The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annabregstein99
Not yet, how do I join? Does someone have to add me?

Sent you a pm
@jneill could you link me your AA/outcome graph again maybe? :colondollar:
Reply 602
Original post by daniilS
@jneill could you link me your AA/outcome graph again maybe? :colondollar:

2017 AA outcomes.jpg
Original post by jneill
2017 AA outcomes.jpg

Thank you!
Reply 604
Original post by daniilS
Thank you!

No probs.
Reply 605
Original post by daniilS
Thank you!

Updated version highlighting those who didn't get an interview.

2017 AA outcomes v1.1.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi all, I've got an offer to study Med in Magdalene. Trouble is I'm Singaporean so the course is painfully expensive. Anybody know of any scholarships or bursaries I can look at? Thanks in advance!
'Oh boy, I got an offer from Cambridge! Everyone's going to be impressed when I say what uni I go to, and I'm going to have such great graduate prospects!'

I hate Cambridge 1.png

Okay, I'm not even being funny but this is genuinely depressing me so much. I'm not even happy about my Cambridge offer. I'm really not. I'm so unhappy. Yeah, I've got Cambridge, but it's not Oxford. Ever since I was young I've considered Oxford superior to Cambridge, regardless of whether that holds out in reality. Oxford is my dream university. When I was taken on a trip to Cambridge in Year 7, I was like 'Bah! I wish it was Oxford instead.' Now it's so entrenched in me that Oxford is better, that Cambridge is really just a second-rate Oxford, that I can't be happy. I'm constantly trying to rationalise to myself and justify that Cambridge is just as good as Oxford, but it's impossible. Oxford is more famous, more beautiful, its graduates have better prospects, etc. Every single time I see Oxford mentioned in popular culture, I just die a little bit more inside.

I'm not even joking, this whole thing is making me so sad. And things like the above just convince me further.

What's wrong with me?

(I didn't apply to Oxford because TSR convinced me I'd never get in because of my awful GCSEs)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Abstract_Prism
'Oh boy, I got an offer from Cambridge! Everyone's going to be impressed when I say what uni I go to, and I'm going to have such great graduate prospects!'

I hate Cambridge 1.png

Okay, I'm not even being funny but this is genuinely depressing me so much. I'm not even happy about my Cambridge offer. I'm really not. I'm so unhappy. Yeah, I've got Cambridge, but it's not Oxford. Ever since I was young I've considered Oxford superior to Cambridge, regardless of whether that holds out in reality. Oxford is my dream university. When I was taken on a trip to Cambridge in Year 7, I was like 'Bah! I wish it was Oxford instead.' Now it's so entrenched in me that Oxford is better, that Cambridge is really just a second-rate Oxford, that I can't be happy. I'm constantly trying to rationalise to myself and justify that Cambridge is just as good as Oxford, but it's impossible. Oxford is more famous, more beautiful, its graduates have better prospects, etc. Every single time I see Oxford mentioned in popular culture, I just die a little bit more inside.

I'm not even joking, this whole thing is making me so sad. And things like the above just convince me further.

What's wrong with me?

(I didn't apply to Oxford because TSR convinced me I'd never get in because of my awful GCSEs)

The grass is always greener... And this is the first time I'm hearing that Oxford is more beautiful or has better prospects as a university, especially for the latter which would differ very much based on the course.

This is quite the definition of "first world problems" :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 609

I hate Cambridge 1.png

Firstly: sources?
Secondly: you don't have to accept the offer
Thirdly: Get. A. Grip.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

The brutally honest @jneill strikes again.

I hate Cambridge 1.png

What's wrong with me?

As an Oxford reject who never even got the chance to get an offer from Cambridge, one which I would love to have rather than feeling like a failure sometimes... this post seriously upsets me. Cambridge is not less superior compared to Oxford. Graduates don't have worst prospects. Both are top universities in the world, among the Top 5 in every field. Some rankings puts Oxford higher than Cambridge, some do the opposite. I understand that you might feel like Cambridge is a "downgrade" but believe me it is definitely not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: I had originally wanted to reply with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555rIkbbT84&t=0m56s

I hate Cambridge 1.png

What's wrong with me?

Just in case you haven't noticed, yet, vaaaaaaast majority of firms in London (or uk) are NOT US firms.......
And I'm also suspicious about credibility of the source.
And if you're really so unhappy with the offer from Cambridge, you have every right to decline the offer. It's your choice. Nobody's going to stop you.
Original post by Infested
:biggrin: I had originally wanted to reply with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555rIkbbT84&t=0m56s

PRSOM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 615

Found the source http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf

It also says: "In short, what we're saying is: ignore this survey almost entirely, and choose the university where you think you will be happiest."

Oh and, maybe an MC is more your thing than a US firm in London:

MC London.jpg
Original post by vincrows
x

you are still here :cube: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Found the source http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf

It also says: "In short, what we're saying is: ignore this survey almost entirely, and choose the university where you think you will be happiest."

Oh and, maybe an MC is more your thing than a US firm in London:

MC London.jpg

Where did you get the MC chart? Lol :holmes: just sending it to my friend lol :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
you are still here :cube: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know.....:tongue:

Still need to log on occasionally to check pm with some people, so I browse a few threads quickly to see what's happening. :wink:
Some posts are asking me to drop a bomb.........
Original post by vincrows
Yeah I know.....:tongue:

Still need to log on occasionally to check pm with some people, so I browse a few threads quickly to see what's happening. :wink:
Some posts are asking me to drop a bomb.........

:rofl: like the previous post :tongue:

:cube: stay around :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile