The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Found the source http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf

It also says: "In short, what we're saying is: ignore this survey almost entirely, and choose the university where you think you will be happiest."

Oh and, maybe an MC is more your thing than a US firm in London:

MC London.jpg

Great find!

Talk about "taken out of context".......
Original post by wolfmoon88
:rofl: like the previous post :tongue:

:cube: stay around :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last few (several) days back here re-confirmed how time-consuming it is, mostly because if I see 'a job' in front of me, I can't stop myself from doing it!!

So, sorry, no. :tongue:
Original post by vincrows
Last few (several) days back here re-confirmed how time-consuming it is, mostly because if I see 'a job' in front of me, I can't stop myself from doing it!!

So, sorry, no. :tongue:

:frown: ok then!

I'll pm you every once in a while :yep:

Take care :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown: ok then!

I'll pm you every once in a while :yep:

Take care :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:

Edit:
Which of my previous bombs you were talking about? :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 624
Where did you get the MC chart? Lol :holmes: just sending it to my friend lol :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's in the pdf I linked. :smile:

NB. There's no date on that file - could be old, or new, I've no idea.
Original post by vincrows
:smile:

Edit:
Which of my previous bombs you were talking about? :tongue:

Too many to count :wink: :tongue:

Original post by jneill
It's in the pdf I linked. :smile:

NB. There's no date on that file - could be old, or new, I've no idea.

it's ok, I just needed a chart whatever the date :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 626
Original post by tyranitar
Hi all, I've got an offer to study Med in Magdalene. Trouble is I'm Singaporean so the course is painfully expensive. Anybody know of any scholarships or bursaries I can look at? Thanks in advance!

Finding funding for international undergrads *is* a major challenge.

I'm sure you've already checked:
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/financial-support

In addition look at potential sources in Singapore.

e.g. http://www.jardines.com/community/jardine-foundation.html
Although you are probably to late for that one, AND I don't know if it applies to Medicine.
Original post by jneill
Finding funding for international undergrads *is* a major challenge.

I'm sure you've already checked:
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/financial-support

In addition look at potential sources in Singapore.

e.g. http://www.jardines.com/community/jardine-foundation.html
Although you are probably to late for that one, AND I don't know if it applies to Medicine.

Too late for Jardine, can confirm :tongue:

Medicine seems to be a non issue though
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 628
Too many to count :wink: :tongue:

it's ok, I just needed a chart whatever the date :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where's your friend going? I can do you a chart - no questions asked :smile:
Original post by jneill
Where's your friend going? I can do you a chart - no questions asked :smile:

Nah he is just set on trying King's and UCL for adjustment and is convinced that King's is better than Durham for law lol

Just the law graduates by university who are working in US firms/MC is what he wanted lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 630
Nah he is just set on trying King's and UCL for adjustment and is convinced that King's is better than Durham for law lol

Just the law graduates by university who are working in US firms/MC is what he wanted lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

May or may not be relevant, but Durham is terrible on Results Day. If you marginally miss their offer they are very slow to confirm and/or release you. They are also said to be rubbish in clearing and adjustment.
Original post by jneill
May or may not be relevant, but Durham is terrible on Results Day. If you marginally miss their offer they are very slow to confirm and/or release you. They are also said to be rubbish in clearing and adjustment.

Lol since IB result day is July will it be better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tyranitar
Hi all, I've got an offer to study Med in Magdalene. Trouble is I'm Singaporean so the course is painfully expensive. Anybody know of any scholarships or bursaries I can look at? Thanks in advance!

Most of the Singaporean overseas scholarships do not cover Medicine, Dentistry and Architecture... Opportunities for funding in your course are very scarce I'm afraid and your best bet would be the extremely competitive PSC Scholarship. The other scholarship is the A Star MBBS-PhD scholarship which isn't really what you're looking for, it requires a place in NUS YLLSoM such that you study undergrad medicine in Singapore and you're funded all the way to graduate studies in the UK. It also effectively locks you into a career of medicine research, so like I said, your best bet is PSC.
Reply 633
Lol since IB result day is July will it be better?

No because they still won't finalise decisions until the "real" Results Day. Well actually they do get the A-level results some days before Results Day but, yeah, they are still slow to tell you wtf they are going to do with you.
Does anyone here have an offer for vet med? Mine's A*A*AA with an A* in chem, just wondering what the other offers are like?
Reply 635
Original post by Infested
Most of the Singaporean overseas scholarships do not cover Medicine, Dentistry and Architecture... Opportunities for funding in your course are very scarce I'm afraid and your best bet would be the extremely competitive PSC Scholarship. The other scholarship is the A Star MBBS-PhD scholarship which isn't really what you're looking for, it requires a place in NUS YLLSoM such that you study undergrad medicine in Singapore and you're funded all the way to graduate studies in the UK. It also effectively locks you into a career of medicine research, so like I said, your best bet is PSC.

PRSOM!
Original post by jneill
No because they still won't finalise decisions until the "real" Results Day. Well actually they do get the A-level results some days before Results Day but, yeah, they are still slow to tell you wtf they are going to do with you.

When's the UK Result Day lol :tongue:

That sucks... thought we get finalised decisions early

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 637
When's the UK Result Day lol :tongue:

That sucks... thought we get finalised decisions early

Posted from TSR Mobile

17 August. If you meet the offer you're in. If not.... wait....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
17 August. If you meet the offer you're in. If not.... wait....

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if you meet the offer, you are in but you have to wait until 17th August for it to be finalised regardless?

Sorry for the questions :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is true that you have an equal likelihood of getting into Cambridge whatever college you apply to. That is virtually indubitable. However, some colleges will intake stronger candidates inevitably if they're direct candidates compared to other colleges which have to take more pooled candidates. Is there are ranking system for colleges based on that criteria?

Latest

Trending

Trending