The Student Room Group

Who enjoyed sport at schools, college or University

So how many of you enjoyed or played sports while in Education? Did anyone represent or play for a team?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I loved it, didn't take PE at GCSE though, but glad the few hours a week are on the curriculum regardless! I played football and basketball. Loved them both, still play football now for a team but not basketball as I'm not tall enough!!
I played at some point for the school football and rugby teams, two different club rugby teams, a table tennis team, a university table tennis team and very briefly for an American football team.

Now I'm just fat and lazy.
I only like dancing and the gym tbh. The girls in my pe class during high school just made me hate doing sports in general
The school ski trip was always a laugh.
Reply 5
Rugby, Cricket, Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee. Still play rugby.
I played for the second cricket team in primary school and also did athletics. I hated PE in secondary. We always did cross country in the rain and cold.

I'm now happy to run in the rain...
I did rounders and netball at school, and netball at college. At uni I did waterpolo and swimming at university level, and represented my college at netball (so basically interhouse)
I played Water Polo at Birmingham and absolutely loved it. Sport was my main thing at university, kept me fit and a great social life with the other Athletic Union members..... all that snake bite though.... :cheers:
Didn't that at school, maybe later on University. On condition that they have martial arts as sports.
Basketball, Football, Badminton, Volleyball, Rounders, Cross Country etc.
Original post by cbreef
Basketball, Football, Badminton, Volleyball, Rounders, Cross Country etc.

At a university? wow, that is really a lot you doing. Could it be that you are even studying sports?
There is nothing like being squashed face first into a waterlogged rugby pitch as 20 lads belly flop on top of you.

Or play that wonderful variation of football where the aim is to hit as many opposition players as possible in the nuts.

Hated sports at school, embraced them afterwards.
Original post by She-Ra
I played Water Polo at Birmingham and absolutely loved it. Sport was my main thing at university, kept me fit and a great social life with the other Athletic Union members..... all that snake bite though.... :cheers:

Had no idea you were a fellow waterpolo player!
I did sofa riding and channel surfing if that counts. I think I also did a bit of competitive eating on the side, though never entered a tournament...
Lol rugby was fun until third year. My athsma is so bad now that I freeze up all over but I'm naturally massive and quick etc... So I keep getting asked to play. It can go to hell hahaha my knees disintegrate at the though of sprinting.
I think that the bullies at school ruined my potential to enjoy sports at school. :unimpressed:
I am awful at sport.

Quick Reply

Latest