The Student Room Group

Studying Medicine or Dentistry in Bulgaria or Romania

Hey guys,
I've come across a few forums relating to students interest in studying Medicine and Dentistry in Bulgaria and Romania.
I am a current Medical student at Sofia Medical University, Bulgaria.
I have a great insight into the process, and what's it like studying in Bulgaria.
So if any of you guys are interested in studying in Bulgaria or Romania, free to pm me. I will be more then happy to help in answering any questions you may have.
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you plan on doing residency in the UK after graduation? If yes, how do you apply to residency as a graduate from a non-UK university?
Reply 2
Original post by highflyer23
Do you plan on doing residency in the UK after graduation? If yes, how do you apply to residency as a graduate from a non-UK university?

Yes, of course. Bulgaria and Romania Medical and Dental degrees are globally recognized and accredited by the GMC and GDC.
So once you have completed your 6th year of the degree, you basically just register with the relevant council in the UK.
If you have any further questions, please pm me, and I'll be sure to get back to you with a reponse.
Reply 3
So you are a representative of an agency obviously....
Reply 4
I am not a representative of any agency. I am simply a student who has been through the process, so I have a good insight what the Medical Universities would want. I am willing to help other students who are interested in studying Medicine and Dentistry in Bulgaria or Romania.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by DocOz
I am not a representative of any agency. I am simply a student who has been through the process, so I have a good insight what the Medical Universities would want. I am willing to help other students who are interested in studying Medicine and Dentistry in Bulgaria or Romania.

Hi what reputable agency can one use to apply or how doesone apply directly to the school? I was looking at Med Student Advisor online but their informationI'd not up to date but they reply emails in good time. I'm not sure about their credibility since their reviews are from years back.
Original post by heidi95
Hi what reputable agency can one use to apply or how doesone apply directly to the school? I was looking at Med Student Advisor online but their informationI'd not up to date but they reply emails in good time. I'm not sure about their credibility since their reviews are from years back.

Best agency would be Medical Doorway it is free too! They deal with the most prestigious universities, i.e. in Czech Republic or Hungary. You can apply through Study Medicine Europe but be aware they will be costly and you are restricted to only Romania and Bulgaria, where there are some problems, for example recently it came on the news that Plovdiv University accepts more students than they have spaces; there were students standing during lectures simply because there were no spare seats, etc.

But yes Bulgaria and Romania both give you the same degree and they are equally recognised in the world, so you don't need to worry too much about degrees, but please do research into these Uni's in Romania and Bulgaria (it can be a bit dodgy).

I am applying for University of Debrecen and Prague First Faculty through Medical Doorway. Good luck for you application! Any problems, do contact me.
Bear in mind all graduates wanting to practise in the UK may have to sit the same exam in the future which UK students will have been working towards for 5 years
http://www.gmc-uk.org/news/29721.asp
Reply 8
Original post by DocOz
Hey guys,
I've come across a few forums relating to students interest in studying Medicine and Dentistry in Bulgaria and Romania.
I am a current Medical student at Sofia Medical University, Bulgaria.
I have a great insight into the process, and what's it like studying in Bulgaria.
So if any of you guys are interested in studying in Bulgaria or Romania, free to pm me. I will be more then happy to help in answering any questions you may have.

Hey,

I'm thinking of studying at MU Sofia, please could you get in touch - I have a few questions :smile:
Hi there! Obviously you need your 3 a levels at good grades to get in, but what about other entry examinations? Did you have to sit the IMAT/BMAT/equivalent? Thanks!
[video="youtube;qSO8YC58KEM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSO8YC58KEM[/video]

Medical School Vlog - The Medical University of Plovdiv (What is like to study medicine in Bulgaria)
Reply 11
Original post by David Adeyemo
[video="youtube;qSO8YC58KEM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSO8YC58KEM[/video]

Medical School Vlog - The Medical University of Plovdiv (What is like to study medicine in Bulgaria)

Hey, I'm thinking of transferring to Plovdiv, I have a few questions - please could you message me? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by DocOz

Hi can you please give me more information regarding Romanian medical schools and how to apply?
Hi, I am interested in studying dentistry in Romania. Right now I am doing GCSES and I’ve heard that at A level you need to take Bio, Chem and physics or maths- I am only interested in bio and chem not really mathsy based subjects. I was wondering if I didn’t take Maths or physics at A level, would it affect my appliance? Also do you need high grades to take dentistry in Romania? What’s the minimum grade? Thankyou
Reply 14
Original post by DocOz

Hi, I know it's been a long time but can you possibly give me some helpful tips to make an application to university in Romania to study dentistry for 2018.
which universities have more English applicants, also when do you have to make this application? and is there any procedure to follow or is it better to go through an agency?

If I definitely need to go through an agency what agency would you recommend and who are more reasonable and reliable especially as I am restricted financially.

I would appreciate any helpful tips about my application for dentistry in Romania.
regards,
Mo
Reply 15
Reply 16
Thank you for getting back to me and for the useful advice. mediconnect and medilinks seem to be the same agency because they have got a similar outlook on both of their websites and also the literature and services they provide seem to be the same.

kind regards and thank you again
Reply 17
Original post by Rambo1
Thank you for getting back to me and for the useful advice. mediconnect and medilinks seem to be the same agency because they have got a similar outlook on both of their websites and also the literature and services they provide seem to be the same.

kind regards and thank you again

Haha thats weird... they’re definitely different agencies 😂

Latest

Trending

Trending