The Student Room Group

Does height matter?... Please help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
Because there is more than one girl and they have different preferences? Some girls dont mind it, but others would definitely not consider it.

Pretty much what I was saying :lol:
Reply 21
Ok this is getting interesting.. actually when i see people say it matters from girl to girl and each girl has a perspective i dont get it, its either something good or bad or not that bad "normal". As an example all guys on earth like big or medium boobs actually very few like flats and so big butts i mean they are the main attraction in girl's body so i thinj the main attracttion in a man's body is his height too and if im 5ft 5 im a "flat girl" i dont really mean to be rude to anygirl here i swear but im only pointing out some facts! I also need someone to correct me if im wrong about what i said above
Reply 22
Original post by 999tigger
Because there is more than one girl and they have different preferences? Some girls dont mind it, but others would definitely not consider it. The problem with TSR is that you are more likely to get the ones responding who say it isnt an issue, which can give a false impression.

So where else should i post this thread? Suggest me a good forum for topics like this :"D
Reply 23
Original post by sleepysnooze
I'm the same height as you - 5'5.5 and 5'6 in my shoes
yes, to the vast majority of women height does matter, there's no getting around it
but does that mean you can't make up for it? hell no
I actually have a date on friday night because I was able to charm a girl and express common interests
I think she's pretty much my height - was it a problem? maybe, but did she look past it? apparently so
always be your super-you - but more importantly, don't let the world force you into a pointless mentality of inferiority
sure, height is quite important, but so long as you're intelligent, funny, talented, handsome, stylish, etc, who really cares?
in fact, don't think of your height as a negative thing - suit your height. wear it to your own advantage.
and by that, I mean be confident in it - don't be so conscious of it and you, and everybody else, will disregard it

Thanks for the advice man i appreciate it.
Reply 24
Original post by Mair18919
Agree ppl aren't being entirely honest with you. People are pretending height is of no importance, but it is, there is no doubt that being short for a boy is a negative, not an absolute no no but something of a negative, just like being overweight, or having a few spots, or losing your hair (at a young age, it matters less when older). The significance of height as a factor varies from one girl to another, just as for you the signifiicance of a girls weight, having good/not so good legs, having well shaped boobs/flat chest, her hair, all will vary in significance from one boy to another.

I would say your chances are far better with shorter girls but if youre confident and otherwise reasonably nice looking and dress well, if youre interesting, intelligent and funny you shouldnt assume a girl will rule you out because shes your height or even a little taller, but she may! C'est la vie!

Does that somehow mean that a short guy gives women no sexual attraction like when a guy sees a girl with no butt or boobs ? Sorry i dont mean to be rude again.. but i cant keep it quite i have to ask haha. Also does this whoke heightism thing include guys the same height? Or only shorter ones than the girl
Original post by CarysJSLewis
If they're a decent human being, something like height shouldn't really be a problem in the first place. It's not like you can control it

erm please don't say that people who have certain sexual preferences are not nice people
Original post by Daniel2311
So where else should i post this thread? Suggest me a good forum for topics like this :"D

You miss the point. You dont recognise the answer when you have been given it and you dont see the flaw in your logic.

You are insecure because of your height. So you seek a definitive answer when in fact its been pointed out some girls will not consider you, but then again we all have preferences. Does that make them bad? Not really because you would have your own preferences if not height, then looks, intelligence other body parts etc.

The flaw is you wnat some universal definitive answer when in fact girls can have different opinions about height or its importnace to them. You arent going to change the views of the ones who arent interested, maybe because they are 6', but there will be plenty of others. You cant change your height. You arent a midget. Stop fretting and focus on your other positive aspects that girls might find attractive.
I don't really care unless you're freakishly tall or dwarfishly (don't that's a word uh) short. Really liked a guy, about your height, because his sense of style was on point and we had an engaging conversation. Nothing to do with his height, didn't even think about it at that point.
No. Bruno Mars is 5'5 and adored by so many girls
I've also seen quite a few shorter guys who look quite attractive. One that stood out was 2 years ago, he was probably 5'3, but beautiful green eyes and dark hair :smile:

There are the stupid short girls who exclusively date tall guys, which I don't understand :s-smilie: (Get in your line *****, he can't even see you :lol:). But other shorter girls and girls same height as you, wouldn't mind.
yes of course
Original post by Supernova91
No ! It doesn't matter :biggrin:

An attractive girl who isn't shallow. :eyeball:

Is this even possible? :giggle:
No I wouldn't but I am 5'1.

Actually yes, if he had dwarfism. But othwrwise no.

Peter Dinklage :perv:
Original post by Daniel2311
Sorry, i dont mean to be rude but i think you are not honest with me.. i watched youtube videos and checked out many researches which includes that women dont like "shorter guys" which almost all of the women instantly said no after the question.. but what these sources didnt talk about was guys the same height as the girls which im trying to figure right now would girls treat guys the same height the same as they treat guys shorter than them? Or it would make a difference since most girls are my height or shorter than me or slightly taller but the average is my height... thanks for reply 😂

many of the tallest guys actually have pituitary diseases. you should not let your physical stature determine your future happiness. shun shallow people who judge you on your appearance.
I've always been attracted to men who are shorter than me. I'm 5FT 7. But; and for me this was a major, major thing... I would have been reluctant to want to have a child with a short man no matter how wonderful. In the end it turned out I had my 19 year old son with a man who was 5FT 11 or thereabouts. It was just really important to me that the father of my future child was tall and intelligent. But everyone's different.
Reply 34
I like short girls because I'm short too, but wouldn't mind if she was a little taller than me.
My fiancé is your height and the fact we re almost the same height is something I love:smile:
Reply 36
Money matters. Only money.
Original post by stefano865
An attractive girl who isn't shallow. :eyeball:

Is this even possible? :giggle:

Yup :yes:
Original post by markova21
I've always been attracted to men who are shorter than me. I'm 5FT 7. But; and for me this was a major, major thing... I would have been reluctant to want to have a child with a short man no matter how wonderful. In the end it turned out I had my 19 year old son with a man who was 5FT 11 or thereabouts. It was just really important to me that the father of my future child was tall and intelligent. But everyone's different.

So if you had met the perfect man who would have made a great husband and father you would have not been able see past his height? Even though you like short guys. :eyeball:

5'11 isn't even considered tall.

I'd find it amusing if your son turned out to be 5'8 or something.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Supernova91
Yup :yes:

Wow. :biggrin:

So how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending