The Student Room Group

writing an email asking for a legal work experience

Hi guys:

I 'm currently writing an email asking for a legal work experience but having some issues with organising my language properly. I wish to say that their firm is exactly the kind of commercial firms where I wish to develop my commercial awareness skill but this sounds very informal right? My sentence is, I am delighted to find that your firm is...(don't know what to say)

can anyone help :frown:
Reply 1
I am in year 11.
Reply 2
Original post by jessieyang
I am in year 11.

Geez. Get back on your Xbox.

Save worrying about getting that sort of work experience until you're in University.
I disagree with the user above. I think it's great that you're looking for work experience in time (I'm in year 12 and am now feeling pressed for time, especially since I'm probably going to be abroad for the entirety of the summer holidays)

As for the sentence in your OP, it doesn't seem informal at all.

Good luck!
Imo your version is a bit what you can do for me, ratehr than explaining hinestky why they might be interested or consider going out of their way to give you experience. Ut doesnt sound convincing or that you really know what you are talking about. You dont have to pretend you know more than you do. JSP's version is better. You dont really nee work experience at this stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending