The Student Room Group

I can't chose between these 2 options for my Game Art degree

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Alex95card
Hi. From what I have seen all the bedrooms are similar sizes no matter which accommodation you are in. The leek road halls and houses are closest to campus and Clarice cliff is a little further but less than 5 mins from the rest of them. It is situated over a bridge, the other side of a little lake. It takes max 10 minutes to get to most places on campus from the accommodation.

Hi,
I looked on the staffordshire site for accommodation. The premium leak houses seem to have really nice kitchens and bedrooms.
http://www.staffs.ac.uk/support_depts/accommodation/stoke/leekroadhouses/index.jsp
Do you know if the rooms are as nice as they look from the pictures at the bottom?
Original post by James385
Hi,
I looked on the staffordshire site for accommodation. The premium leak houses seem to have really nice kitchens and bedrooms.
http://www.staffs.ac.uk/support_depts/accommodation/stoke/leekroadhouses/index.jsp
Do you know if the rooms are as nice as they look from the pictures at the bottom?

Hi James,

Hope your'e well?

Just thought i'd jump in and let you know that all of our leek road houses have just been renovated so they are all super swanky. The 360 images you have seen are a very fair representation. Some of the kitchens have big islands in the middle too which make them a great social spaces.

the first time I went to look at the new new houses i wanted to move in! The bedrooms are especially cosy and homely.

Have you been to one of our open days yet? We do campus tours on those so you can come and get a real feel for it.

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Sam :h:
Hi,

Hi, From what I remember from the last time I was there, this is fairly accurate. I had a quick look at the Clarice cliff one on the website too as I am more familiar with that accommodation and it is exactly as I remember it from last year so I would assume all of them are as accurate. Leek road houses and halls have had a revamp in the last year or so, so they are really nice and lots of people I know lived there last year and really enjoyed it. Please let me know if you have any more questions, I am more than happy to answer anything.
Reply 23
Original post by Alex95card
Hi, From what I remember from the last time I was there, this is fairly accurate. I had a quick look at the Clarice cliff one on the website too as I am more familiar with that accommodation and it is exactly as I remember it from last year so I would assume all of them are as accurate. Leek road houses and halls have had a revamp in the last year or so, so they are really nice and lots of people I know lived there last year and really enjoyed it. Please let me know if you have any more questions, I am more than happy to answer anything.

Thanks all for the comments they are very useful! The university I'm definitely leaning towards is staffordshire. The new accommodation looks very modern and impressive. It's on a completely different level to other accommodation I've seen at Roehampton and Sussex (a friend goes there).
One question of which I don't think anyone will likely be able to answer but hey It's worth a shot... Do you know if staffordshire have high applicant acceptance percentages? But I have a feeling staffordshire's game courses are more popular?

Lastly,
I have heard (unless I'm getting my unis mixed around) they have a cinema on campus? Is it good? Also are there good social cafe's on the campus?

Thanks again!
James
Thanks all for the comments they are very useful! The university I'm definitely leaning towards is staffordshire. The new accommodation looks very modern and impressive. It's on a completely different level to other accommodation I've seen at Roehampton and Sussex (a friend goes there).
One question of which I don't think anyone will likely be able to answer but hey It's worth a shot... Do you know if staffordshire have high applicant acceptance percentages? But I have a feeling staffordshire's game courses are more popular?

Lastly,
I have heard (unless I'm getting my unis mixed around) they have a cinema on campus? Is it good? Also are there good social cafe's on the campus?

Thanks again!
James

Hi James,
No I'm afraid I don't know how high the acceptance rate is but you could ask at an open day or email the university to ask if you want to know. Regarding the cinema, there is a screen on campus but as far as I know it doesn't show all the new films like other cinemas do. It is a nice thing to have on campus though and various departments do screening which are often open to everyone.
In terms of social café's on campus, staffordshire excells at this. There is a Costa in the science centre and the library, a coffee shop in Ashley lecture theatre, we have squeeze box which, among other things, serves fresh juices and smoothies, and also does some food and coffee etc. There is also verve on campus which is an American style diner and ember lounge which does pub style food. Both verve and ember have a bar but also serve coffee etc in case you just want a drink instead of eating. There is also a new place in the new building called fusion. I've heard it's really nice in there and have been in once and it is so modern and a nice place to sit and work or chat with friends. There is lots of choice of where to meet people on campus. I hope this has helped a little. Alex

Quick Reply

Latest