The Student Room Group

Is age important?

I'm 33, single, and i'm going to uni next year but i really don't know how lucky i will be with the girls.:colondollar:
I don't want to sound creepy but it will be awkward if i feel attracted by someone with 19/20 or is completely normal?
A girl within that age can be attracted about me?
Well, they'd technically be adults. But you might be on a different level of maturity to them
Reply 2
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Well, they'd technically be adults. But you might be on a different level of maturity to them

that's exactly what i think... :s-smilie:
but can someone less mature like someone more mature, or vice versa?:smile:
Well I'll be 26 when I start university, and whilst it might be legal I sure as hell won't and don't find 18/19 year olds attractive. Whatever floats your boat though.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 33, single, and i'm going to uni next year but i really don't know how lucky i will be with the girls.:colondollar:
I don't want to sound creepy but it will be awkward if i feel attracted by someone with 19/20 or is completely normal?
A girl within that age can be attracted about me?

you're just a bit older than me, and I find girls of 18/19 in general tend to be more interested in me than girls my own age.

Then again it is common for people to mistake me for being a lot younger.
tbh how well you do depends on what your perceived age is [when people look at you do they see a 33 year old?] ...and also how attractive the girl finds you.

most girls that age have an age range set of a potential partner that they are looking for. With 29/30 being one of the final cut-off points. Most 18 year olds girls if you ask them are not going to be "looking" for a guy 30+ ......so if you look 30+ this may indeed go against you somewhat as you'll be ruled out on sight a lot of the time.

Ofcourse though, when it comes to dating what people say and do are often quite different. Personally speaking, it is not uncommon at all for girls who are way way younger than me to express some kind of interest or even try it on at times. I know sometimes I can be mistaken for younger ...but there's no way in hell girls 11-14 can look at me and think we're in the same age bracket .....most people put me at 22-26 ...yet i've had girls 11-14 blowing me kisses, or nudging their mates and smiling at me, I even remember one time some girls who looked 13 came up and asked me directions, whilst I was giving directions they started raping me with their eye's....then one of them started asking me if I liked her bum ...and looked annoyed when I ignored her..

So I would say that if you are 33 and the girls are 18/19 then it's not necessarily going to be a massive hurdle. It depends how much the girl likes you tbh, if she's really into you your age will probably not put her off, if she is only somewhat into you or on the fence then yes it might put her off.

There was a couple of girls who I met once who I think found me kinda attractive [both 7 year age gaps, one was when i was 26 and she was 19), and they asked my age ..and I told them ...and I could see them reconsidering about me ...and then I stopped noticing signs they found me attractive for a while, but eventually I noticed those signs coming back. It seems they were put off at first. In general the more attractive a girl finds you the less chance of them being put off.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
that's exactly what i think... :s-smilie:
but can someone less mature like someone more mature, or vice versa?:smile:

Of course. My boyfriend is three years older than me, but I'd still say I'm more mature, and he likes me :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by ANM775
you're just a bit older than me, and I find girls of 18/19 in general tend to be more interested in me than girls my own age.

Then again it is common for people to mistake me for being a lot younger.
tbh how well you do depends on what your perceived age is [when people look at you do they see a 33 year old?] ...and also how attractive the girl finds you.

most girls that age have an age range set of a potential partner that they are looking for. With 29/30 being one of the final cut-off points. Most 18 year olds girls if you ask them are not going to be "looking" for a guy 30+ ......so if you look 30+ this may indeed go against you somewhat as you'll be ruled out on sight a lot of the time.

Ofcourse though, when it comes to dating what people say and do are often quite different. Personally speaking, it is not uncommon at all for girls who are way way younger than me to express some kind of interest or even try it on at times. I know sometimes I can be mistaken for younger ...but there's no way in hell girls 11-14 can look at me and think we're in the same age bracket .....most people put me at 22-26 ...yet i've had girls 11-14 blowing me kisses, or nudging their mates and smiling at me, I even remember one time some girls who looked 13 came up and asked me directions, whilst I was giving directions they started raping me their eye's....then one of them started asking me if I liked her bum ...and looked annoyed when I ignored her..

So I would say that if you are 33 and the girls are 18/19 then it's not necessarily going to be a massive hurdle. It depends how much the girl likes you tbh, if she's really into you your age will probably not put her off, if she is only somewhat into you or on the fence then yes it might put her off.

There was a couple of girls who I met once who I think found me kinda attractive [both 7 year age gaps, one was when i was 26 and she was 19), and they asked my age ..and I told them ...and I could see them reconsidering about me ...and then I stopped noticing signs they found me attractive for a while, but eventually I noticed those signs coming back. It seems they were put off at first. In general the more attractive a girl finds you the less chance of them being put off.

Thanks for the feed back! :wink:
Usually they think i'm younger (28-30) and i'm not the ugliest of the guys but i admit that sometimes i'm a bit sloppy about my image and i know that i really have to improve that...
Reply 7
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Of course. My boyfriend is three years older than me, but I'd still say I'm more mature, and he likes me :wink:

ahaha, but when you love, you love, no matter what! xD
and 3 years isn't a major gap... ;-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending