i applied to top 20 unis and demontfort as back up
got an uncondition at demontfort
and i applied like november
Reply 43
Original post by BashCrash
i applied to top 20 unis and demontfort as back up
got an uncondition at demontfort
and i applied like november

Ah right, November is probably in time to be in one of the pre-deadline batches. I didn't put any "back-up" universities - TBH I'd rather not go this year than go somewhere I consider to be a backup. I'm not gonna spend thirty grand on a backup :biggrin: I'm a mature student so spending another year doing what I do is NBD.
if you had applied earlier then you might've heard from a few of them by now (I'm just waiting for my last offer but all of the rest came a few days after I applied) but you've applied at a time where thousands of people are applying so most uni's are just collecting all of them and then sifting through to the ones they like.

Patience is key!!! and remember there are always other options to get into universities :smile::smile:
Reply 45
Original post by Banana208
if you had applied earlier then you might've heard from a few of them by now (I'm just waiting for my last offer but all of the rest came a few days after I applied) but you've applied at a time where thousands of people are applying so most uni's are just collecting all of them and then sifting through to the ones they like.

Patience is key!!! and remember there are always other options to get into universities :smile::smile:

I know :frown: My college didn't allow me to apply earlier, though, because they don't have enough information to write references and predict grades any earlier than December (we either do four subjects in one year, or two subjects in the first year and two other ones in the second year).

Gonna have to sit tight…
Reply 46

a 1st in london met is better to have than a 2:2 in oxford

Try again
Original post by Rattie
I know :frown: My college didn't allow me to apply earlier, though, because they don't have enough information to write references and predict grades any earlier than December (we either do four subjects in one year, or two subjects in the first year and two other ones in the second year).

Gonna have to sit tight…

Ahh colleges are such a pain when it comes to stuff like that igy:u: what you applying for?
Also If you're applying to Warwick don't expect to here from them any time soon- me and so many others have been waiting.
Original post by josh_v
Try again

Looool your joking right
you think a 2:2 from oxford would land over a 1st from met
Reply 49
Original post by Banana208
Ahh colleges are such a pain when it comes to stuff like that igy:u: what you applying for?
Also If you're applying to Warwick don't expect to here from them any time soon- me and so many others have been waiting.

Applying for English lit. Didn't go for Warwick cause they seemed massively up themselves with their expectations for Access students :biggrin: Good luck and hope they get back to you soon.
Reply 50
Looool your joking right
you think a 2:2 from oxford would land over a 1st from met

A 2.2 from one of the worlds most elite universities against a 1st from one of the UK's worst? The Oxford degree is superior.
Reply 51
One reason people are impressed by an Oxford/Cambridge/other competitive university degree is that the university has already done all the tricky filtering work for them. So, even if they get a **** degree, an employer knows that they were considered good enough by, say, Oxford, which is quite difficult.
Original post by Rattie
One reason people are impressed by an Oxford/Cambridge/other competitive university degree is that the university has already done all the tricky filtering work for them. So, even if they get a **** degree, an employer knows that they were considered good enough by, say, Oxford, which is quite difficult.

TBF i was abit ignorant so forgive me looool
But at this point after university i have plans other than my degree
So i can't really waste any more years
Hi
I sent off my application to bcu and uob (dont know if you applied for bcu or uob) on the 5th of January and got an offer today 19th of January from bcu, still havent heard from uob yet. They say around the deadline time they are really busy so the earlier you sent off the application the better really, but I applied to unis last year (didnt end up going to any) and sent off my application on the 15th of January and heard back off all five by the 27th

Hope this helps good luck
Reply 54
Original post by Rattie
Thanks for everyone's good wishes and good luck to all you other waiters, too!

I think you should call up the university and asking whether you will get a reply soon. Theres no harm in doing that in my opinion, as its not like youre demanding for an offer. Just ask them which stage its at. My friend did this yesterday and she got told she has an interview so its good to ask!! they get this regularly!
Original post by Rattie

That's one way of looking at it.
But as an employer, I'd rather take someone who shows a healthy correlation in improving themselves with a positive trajection; rather than someone initially did very well, then began to flunk

Do you want someone who knows how to improve? Or someone spiralling downwards? The place where the degree originates from shouldn't mean anything, unless you're a snob.
Original post by BigBadAsh
That's one way of looking at it.
But as an employer, I'd rather take someone who shows a healthy correlation in improving themselves with a positive trajection; rather than someone initially did very well, then began to flunk

Do you want someone who knows how to improve? Or someone spiralling downwards? The place where the degree originates from shouldn't mean anything, unless you're a snob.

Flunking is subjective. The classification of a degree is compared relative to how the people in their OWN year, in their OWN university do. Hence, a 2:1 at UCL is harder than one from Reading. They can have identical course difficulty, but since UCL will typically have brighter students, boundaries shoot up. Therefore, the Oxford and London Met comparison isn't completely just. A 2:2 from Oxford is probably ~high 2:1 from London Met. If it's a high 2:2 from Oxford, you could argue it's ~ 1:1 from London Met. We are, after all, comparing the brightest to those who just about made it into higher education.

An Oxford 2:2 is, however, markedly worse than a 2:1/1:1 from any of the elite universities.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by joanneamy
Hi
I sent off my application to bcu and uob (dont know if you applied for bcu or uob) on the 5th of January and got an offer today 19th of January from bcu, still havent heard from uob yet. They say around the deadline time they are really busy so the earlier you sent off the application the better really, but I applied to unis last year (didnt end up going to any) and sent off my application on the 15th of January and heard back off all five by the 27th

Hope this helps good luck

Thanks for the luck; I hope it works! It's UOB. Can't believe it was all so quick for you last year! Hope UOB get back to you soon, too.
Original post by josh_v
A 2.2 from one of the worlds most elite universities against a 1st from one of the UK's worst? The Oxford degree is superior.

Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Flunking is subjective. The classification of a degree is compared relative to how the people in their OWN year, in their OWN university do. Hence, a 2:1 at UCL is harder than one from Reading. They can have identical course difficulty, but since UCL will typically have brighter students, boundaries shoot up. Therefore, the Oxford and London Met comparison isn't completely just. A 2:2 from Oxford is probably ~high 2:1 from London Met. If it's a high 2:2 from Oxford, you could argue it's ~ 1:1 from London Met. We are, after all, comparing the brightest to those who just about made it into higher education.

An Oxford 2:2 is, however, markedly worse than a 2:1/1:1 from any of the elite universities.

It wouldn't get you on a masters though...
Original post by matt_tgr
Exactly my thoughts hahaha. Who in their right mind would think "yeh, i'm gonna apply for cambridge, exeter, maybe st. andrew's... OH, I KNOW, Derby would be a great place to go!"

Stop slating Derby thanks, it did me well....

Latest

Trending

Trending