The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2017 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tallhart
Yep, had an interview with them last Wednesday and have received an offer.

Awesome, I had mine last wednesday too, yet I've not heard anything from them. Were you there at the morning session or afternoon?
Original post by justjoe1208
Awesome, I had mine last wednesday too, yet I've not heard anything from them. Were you there at the morning session or afternoon?

Morning session. You?
Morning session. You?

Afternoon, how long did it take for them to get back to you?
Afternoon, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

Two days.
Two days.

Ah, I'm starting to doubt the likelihood of getting an offer now, been nearly a week and not a peep
Hi All,

Has anyone had an interview at Teesside University and heard anything back yet?

I had my interview 2 weeks ago and they said unsuccessful applicants would hear back quite quickly... I've heard nothing so far... fingers crossed I've made shortlisting 🤞🏼😊

Thanks,

Amy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ame32
Thank you so much! Congratulations, I saw you have an offer! :smile: Best of luck.

Thank you 😁 And good luck with your interview x
Just got an interview for SHU! Anyone else got one for march time? 😁
Had an interview at Brookes last week, great day, they let us play in the Skills Labs! Had a reply from Bournemouth saying no. Anyone else heard from Brookes yet after an interview?

I had an interview last Wednesday morning at Brookes and still haven't heard back how did your interview go? 😊
Original post by loftypetty
I had an interview last Wednesday morning at Brookes and still haven't heard back how did your interview go? 😊

I thought it went well, was really nervous beforehand but when I got in their the three interviewers were great at ensuring it was formal but relaxed and of course the facilities during the tour were fantastic (I loved the skills lab)
I thought it went well, was really nervous beforehand but when I got in their the three interviewers were great at ensuring it was formal but relaxed and of course the facilities during the tour were fantastic (I loved the skills lab)

Yeah my interviewers were really nice, it was more of a chat than an interview and it ideal for me as I live 40minutes away! 😅
Original post by loftypetty
Yeah my interviewers were really nice, it was more of a chat than an interview and it ideal for me as I live 40minutes away! 😅

Fantastic! I'd be moving up from deepest darkest Cornwall, so it's bit of an adventure for someone who barely goes up as far as Plymouth!
Reply 232
Has anyone had their Northampton interview yet? Mine is tomorrow and although I've done some reading im feeling pretty unprepared!
Original post by nic1026
Has anyone had their Northampton interview yet? Mine is tomorrow and although I've done some reading im feeling pretty unprepared!

Mine is tomorrow too! I had to rush round today to get photocopies of my certificates and I'm gonna have to go to the photo booth in Tesco tomorrow to get a photo. I have no idea what to expect other than in the group activity cos students on the open day told me what it is :biggrin:
Hi everyone,

I've applied to Oxford Brookes, Anglia Ruskin, Teesside and Hertfordshire and I've heard back from all but Herts with interview offers! Is anyone
else dealing with a slow response from Hertfordshire? I sent my application off over a month ago and only just received confirmation that they'd
received it today?!

Anyway, I've got my first interview next week (Thursday) at Oxford Brookes and was wondering if anyone else has experienced their interview
before as I'm really nervous! I know you are not allowed to share specific questions but if anyone would be willing to share a rough outline of the
day and things that they recommend knowing/researching before the interview I would be very grateful!

Does anyone else have interviews at either ARU or Teesside? My ARU one is the 25th February and my Teesside on is the 14th February!

Thanks in advance,
Livvy
Reply 235
Original post by _homesick__
Mine is tomorrow too! I had to rush round today to get photocopies of my certificates and I'm gonna have to go to the photo booth in Tesco tomorrow to get a photo. I have no idea what to expect other than in the group activity cos students on the open day told me what it is :biggrin:

Aww aha, is it your first interview?
Original post by LivvyBell
Hi everyone,

I've applied to Oxford Brookes, Anglia Ruskin, Teesside and Hertfordshire and I've heard back from all but Herts with interview offers! Is anyone
else dealing with a slow response from Hertfordshire? I sent my application off over a month ago and only just received confirmation that they'd
received it today?!

Anyway, I've got my first interview next week (Thursday) at Oxford Brookes and was wondering if anyone else has experienced their interview
before as I'm really nervous! I know you are not allowed to share specific questions but if anyone would be willing to share a rough outline of the
day and things that they recommend knowing/researching before the interview I would be very grateful!

Does anyone else have interviews at either ARU or Teesside? My ARU one is the 25th February and my Teesside on is the 14th February!

Thanks in advance,
Livvy

Hi I had my Brookes interview last week and it was quite a laid back day with a talk/Q&A, tour and standard interview but they were very nice they just want to get to know you as a person. I was nervous but I was quickly put at ease! 😊 I hope this helps, (p.s research current paramedic articles in the news etc. it's a good conversation starter and useful for context in interviews)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nic1026
Aww aha, is it your first interview?

No I had a one at staffs last week, withdrew from Cov which was supposed to be Wednesday just gone, so this will be my second that I've attended lol. You?
Reply 238
Original post by _homesick__
No I had a one at staffs last week, withdrew from Cov which was supposed to be Wednesday just gone, so this will be my second that I've attended lol. You?

This is my first, my other three are all in a block at the end of Feb. How was your staffs interview?
Original post by nic1026
This is my first, my other three are all in a block at the end of Feb. How was your staffs interview?

It was alright actually. I really liked the uni and the day was really relaxed. Ended up getting an offer :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest