The Student Room Group

DELETED

Thank you for all the advice.
(edited 7 years ago)
well that depends on whether he'd be responsible on such holidays and whether or not that changes when you eventually lived together, his attitude seems incredibly immature to be honest.
Why don't his friends like you? I go on "lads" holidays, basically me and my 2 best friends just go and get hammered in another country and I have to say in some countries girls are a lot more upfront than in the UK, if he also can't handle his drink and seems to be a bit of a dick then who knows, just be a little cautious as it's not 100% certain he's going to cheat and it really depends on the guy.
This "lad" doesn't exactly sound like relationship material imo
Reply 4
I'm not entirely sure why they don't like me, but one of his mates is a complete ****-boy and sleeps with a different girl every week, and I'm worried that my boyfriend will copy his behaviour (like he has done before) his nicer friends admit that when he is around the ****-boy my boyfriend acts different like he's trying to be more cool, and "lad-like" I'm not so worried about him cheating (although it has crossed my mind) it's more the fact that he wants to go on a lads holiday every year and no matter what I say won't change his mind! I've tried talking to him about it but he just says that it's something he's always wanted to do, to go on lads holidays, I don't want to stop him from having fun but he doesn't seem to be thinking about me in this situation at all.
Reply 5
Original post by CarysJSLewis
This "lad" doesn't exactly sound like relationship material imo

Can you explain to me why not? Need guidance
Original post by Destiny101

Like you've said he hasn't taken into account your feelings/opinion at all, that's not what you do in a committed adult relationship, if his attitude doesnt change and you stuck with him, who wants to be with someone who is still insisting on going on lads holidays getting drunk when they're well into their 20s.
Reply 7
Hello,

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year now and he's going on his first lads holiday as soon as he turns 18, in a few months time. We have had some trouble over it but I have gotten over this, what's got to me is that he has said that he is going to be going on a lads holiday with his mates every year now, as a tradition. His mates don't like me, and in fact they want us to break up and it has caused us a lot of trouble. I know many will say that trust is the key, and I am trying to trust him it's just there have been incidents in the past where he was messaged other girls and flirting with them, if I hadn't found out it would still be going on today most likely.

He said to me that no matter what I say to him he's going on this lads holiday even if that means that we break up. He also can not handle his drink and at every party we have gone to I've had to carry him home each time, I'm worried for his safety but yet again he won't listen.

Is it okay for him to go on a lads holiday every year? To places like Zante, Magaluff and so on? Help!!

You have to respect that they're his friends and he's going to want to go on holiday with them. Yes of course it's ok for him to go on holiday with them each year. Equally they have to respect you're his girlfriend and not "try to make you break up". It's clearly not working if you're still together but there has to be a point where your boyfriend tells them to stop and stands up for you. Has he done that?

I'm not sure why you're still with him tbh if he was messaging other girls and lets his mates talk **** about you. Also for even mentioning breaking up over a holiday (unless you gave him an ultimatum, then I understand why he said it)... doesn't sound like he respects you. You're 18 you're still young.
(edited 7 years ago)

You've admitted that he's becoming just like his friends that apparently dislike you. He's been chatting to other girls. He obviously couldn't give two shits about how you're feeling about him going away. But let's be honest, you're probably not going to do anything about this anyway. You'll stay with him, he'll go away and probably do things he shouldn't. You still seem to be defending his actions, and then you'll act surprised when he does in fact cheat on you. All seems a bit pointless to be honest
Reply 9
Original post by claireestelle
Like you've said he hasn't taken into account your feelings/opinion at all, that's not what you do in a committed adult relationship, if his attitude doesnt change and you stuck with him, who wants to be with someone who is still insisting on going on lads holidays getting drunk when they're well into their 20s.

He says that he understands why I wouldn't be okay with it but it's something he's always wanted to do, so he's going on them no matter what. What should I respond to this?
He says that he understands why I wouldn't be okay with it but it's something he's always wanted to do, so he's going on them no matter what. What should I respond to this?

I think you can either decide to trust him and accept that he might not change his mind on this, but it's not a mature attitude of him to have so i wouldnt put up with it its going to be something he insists on going on a lot .
Of course it's okay - it's his life, he can do what he wants with it. Does he get his knickers in a twist every time you want to go out with your friends?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending