The Student Room Group

Someone please help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moltenmo
I got my mock results and these are the grades I received: 5A*'s, 2A's, B, 3D's. I got 2 D's in English and so I have been told that I will not enter the sixth form I want to go to. It's really upsetting since in terms of grades, I was in the top 5 of the year. Someone help me. I feel really disheartened, especially since some of the people who got accepted did a lot worse than me in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe you should cheat and or lie...
Reply 21
Original post by Popsiclez
Maybe you should cheat and or lie...

What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That'sGreat
I know for certain that a 4 is a D for our board, I'm looking at it right now. Whether it's due to different boards or whatnot, I'm looking at a 4 as a D

Please post a link - it can't be different to the Ofqual requirements.
What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh..nothing.
What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He means you should put 2 C's for English instead of 2 D's.
My friend lied last year so he could get an interview and then went on to work his ass off until his GCSE's and got the C's so he got into the school.
The only problem with doing that is if the sixth form asks your school for your grades, the school my friend applied to didn't ask the school for the grades so he got away with it luckily and assumed he was telling the truth.
Reply 25
Original post by davidpoku
My friend lied last year so he could get an interview and then went on to work his ass off until his GCSE's and got the C's so he got into the school.
The only problem with doing that is if the sixth form asks your school for your grades, the school my friend applied to didn't ask the school for the grades so he got away with it luckily and assumed he was telling the truth.

Wouldn't work since my school is supplying the grades to both places I have applied for, one of which is the school itself lol.

At least I know I need to improve in English considerably. Truth be told, since Year 10, I've spent hardly any time on this core subject as opposed to the other two - maths and science. I guess I deserve this in some respects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by davidpoku

Exactly but its not exactly "lying" more like getting through the cracks. Bypassing the system.
Reply 27
Exactly but its not exactly "lying" more like getting through the cracks. Bypassing the system.

Thanks but I think I can do well without having to get "through the cracks". I just want to know how my school so stupid as to reject me when I have performed one of the best. Funnily enough, the school wants me to stay as well but this isn't showing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks but I think I can do well without having to get "through the cracks". I just want to know how my school so stupid as to reject me when I have performed one of the best. Funnily enough, the school wants me to stay as well but this isn't showing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did they tell you face-to-face? Also do you have advice on how to answer Maths AO3 questions as I find thats what I struggle with them really wordy ones.
Reply 29
Did they tell you face-to-face? Also do you have advice on how to answer Maths AO3 questions as I find thats what I struggle with them really wordy ones.

Yes, the school has said they want me to stay face-to-face. Also, is that probability questions? Anything specifically you are struggling with? If you have any questions or examples which you can show me, I will help you out.

A03 questions are difficult though, to an extent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest