The Student Room Group

Why do most girls go for the pretty boys?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redleader1
Like I said its about personality when both guys and girls become mature they forget about all the games and crap, and will look at the personality. Maybe some girls could clarify this.

Yes :h:
Reply 41
Good angle, good lighting in class, a lot of practice to take a good selfie, y'know? These are the secrets.
Floyd Mayweather used to call himself "prettyboy"... but there's nothing funny about that

Spoiler

Prsom
GIRLS like these guys.

Women over 20 all like tall, ripped guys like Chris Hemsworth etc.

Which is an even harder ideal to live up to for most men. Much easier to get a quiff and dress like a pretty boy.
Tbh it's about effort on both parties, if you do not try to look good and follow trends your not going to score 10's. Works both ways for both genders.
Deal with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
A lot of girls nowadays would only want to go out with the pretty boys. You know the boy band type of guys e.g. One Direction, Uniok J, Justin Bieber, Conor Maynard etc? You'd find a lot of them in Nando's. I'm under a lot of pressure in society because I'm an average joe who doesn't have a quiff, doesn't wear expaensive clothes, doesn't use expsensive perfume or even into Lad culture. I feel like I have to blend in the crowd.

Original post by BobBobson
The people who run the media etc. have changed the perception of men as requiring to look like One direction etc. It's in their interest for men to become feminine because when they do, who's going to fight back. Men in modern society are being bombarded with xeno-oestrogens etc. Now men's fitness are judged on whether they have a six pack (again focusing on the hips area, need to have a really low body mass) rather than their arm and leg muscles (ie. their actual strength).

I'd say the opposite. There's a pressure to bulk up nowadays. If anything its nice to see the variety with pretty boys. Having this macho theme being painted on all men isn't healthy.

Nothing makes me cringe more when a woman says she wants a real man xD

Original post by CarysJSLewis
Tbh I personally find the "lad" culture extremely unattractive...
Reply 47
I don't think there's any feminist in this thread lol.
Original post by BobBobson
The people who run the media etc. have changed the perception of men as requiring to look like One direction etc. It's in their interest for men to become feminine because when they do, who's going to fight back. Men in modern society are being bombarded with xeno-oestrogens etc. Now men's fitness are judged on whether they have a six pack (again focusing on the hips area, need to have a really low body mass) rather than their arm and leg muscles (ie. their actual strength).

What are you on? Bodybuilding and aesthetics has always been about having a slim waist rather than a wide one.
Reply 49
Natural selection.
Reply 50
Original post by trustmeimlying1
I'd say the opposite. There's a pressure to bulk up nowadays. If anything its nice to see the variety with pretty boys. Having this macho theme being painted on all men isn't healthy.

Nothing makes me cringe more when a woman says she wants a real man xD

What a real man is to someone, may not be to someone else.
"It's empowering to be nude" - Feminists "Wow, that man enjoys female nudity? What a misogynist." - Feminists You just can't win with these morons. They'd complain about the sound of their own fart if they really wanted to.
Original post by EC
What a real man is to someone, may not be to someone else.

when a gal says she wants a real man, we know what she means. its generally in and around the same thing.

makes me barf everytime.
Reply 53
Original post by trustmeimlying1
when a gal says she wants a real man, we know what she means. its generally in and around the same thing.

makes me barf everytime.

This concept of ''a real man'' or ''a real woman'' is stupid.

And you can't just assume what a person really wants from a partner.
Reply 54
Who even does that
Original post by A-LJLB
This, I could rep you 10000 times

You and EC seem to be those kind of girls who'd reject an overweight guy tell him he should go the gym so girls would like you however if you swap the genders around you'd be call him dick. Double standards don't you think? Bore off I didn't made this thread to be hijacked by triggered feminists who gets offedned over everything.
You and EC seem to be those kind of girls who'd reject an overweight guy tell him he should go the gym so girls would like you however if you swap the genders around you'd be call him dick. Double standards don't you think? Bore off I didn't made this thread to be hijacked by triggered feminists who gets offedned over everything.

Your post literally listed everything we've said we are against lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57

Did you even read my posts? Or can't you read? :laugh:
Reply 58
Never heard of that in my country, lol, most treat their men really good and not expect them to look like any model and usually blame themselves if something isn't right.
Reply 59
Here's what I said: "You only associate "beautiful" and "pretty" to Kylie Jenner and Justin Bieber? Your problem is as simple as that.

You go for people who you find beautiful, and everyone's perspective on beautiful is different, most of us don't have a Hollywood specimen in our mind."

"What a real man is to someone, may not be to someone else."

So how can ANYONE assume that I'd reject an overweight guy from reading this? Or how can ANYONE say that I'm a triggered feminist? I've never been called a feminist in my life, nor consider myself to be one.

And I'm not arguing on TSR. I was only trying to help the OP understand some simple aspects of ''beauty'', but have it your way.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest