The Student Room Group

A-level Psychology or Government&Politics?

This poll is closed

ALevel Government&Politics or Psychology?

G&P 0%
Psychology100%
Total votes: 1
I'm currently in Year 11 and I have to choose my A-levels. I have already chosen maths, chemistry and biology as well as government&politics, but i'm wondering if I should change this to psychology...I extremely dislike writing essays(english lit&lang and history are my worst subjects), but I love politics so i'm a bit unsure..however I like the concept of psychology.
I eventually want to do go down the medicine path...
Which subject should I pick?
I mean both are essay based subjects, maybe GovPol being more essay based.. Psychology obviously has science elements to it if you're interested in that, especially for a future career in Medicine, but if you enjoy learning about Politics you may find you don't actually mind writing essays on the topics. I'd personally stick with GovPol, as it shows you have a bit more variety within your subjects. Are there no other A Levels you could pick? They just seem like peculiar subjects to pick between if you hate essays.
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
I mean both are essay based subjects, maybe GovPol being more essay based.. Psychology obviously has science elements to it if you're interested in that, especially for a future career in Medicine, but if you enjoy learning about Politics you may find you don't actually mind writing essays on the topics. I'd personally stick with GovPol, as it shows you have a bit more variety within your subjects. Are there no other A Levels you could pick? They just seem like peculiar subjects to pick between if you hate essays.

I could do a language such as French, but I'm afraid I won't get an A
Original post by ZainahS
I could do a language such as French, but I'm afraid I won't get an A

Just go with your gut feeling, you can always change come results day or a few weeks after starting college. I changed my options literally about 6 times after the "deadline" was meant to be. :smile:
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
Just go with your gut feeling, you can always change come results day or a few weeks after starting college. I changed my options literally about 6 times after the "deadline" was meant to be. :smile:

Thanks 🙂 I initially chose physics but then I changed that to GovPol😂
Original post by ZainahS
Thanks 🙂 I initially chose physics but then I changed that to GovPol😂

Yeah, don't worry about changing your subjects too often. At the end of the day it's your A Level choices, so the school/college can't get too mad :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest