The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm not sure about those questions, but most unconditional offers are due to people applying who have already finished their A Levels and have their results. When that's the case even Oxbridge offers are unconditional.
Reply 2
When you already have the grades.
Reply 3
Unconditional offers are given out to successful applicants that have already achieved the entry requirements for their course. Unless you apply after finishing your A levels (or equivalent), you don't need to worry about them.
Reply 4
Oh so it's only for people who have finished both AS and A2?
It's never for people who've just done AS levels then, right?
kk thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Princestia
Oh so it's only for people who have finished both AS and A2?
It's never for people who've just done AS levels then, right?
kk thanks :smile:

Very, very few people get unconditional offers before having completed their A-levels.

Somebody in my school a few years ago got an unconditional offer from Christ's College, Cambridge for music. That is one of the few places which offers some unconditional offers before people complete their A-levels, other than that - you'd be hard-pressed to come across them.
Reply 6
I got an unconditional offer from my firm university, even though I'm currently waiting on my A Level results.

It's because I sat a scholarship exam and as a result I achieved a Merit Award, £1000 for my first year of study and an unconditional offer.
Reply 7
I know someone who got an unconditional offer from leicester at AS a few years ago, I can' t remember for what course though.
DJkG.1

Somebody in my school a few years ago got an unconditional offer from Christ's College, Cambridge for music. That is one of the few places which offers some unconditional offers before people complete their A-levels, other than that - you'd be hard-pressed to come across them.

I'll bet a shilling that it was a matriculation offer which would involve attaining two E grades at A level, rather than being completely unconditional (though I grant that getting an E grade under the current A level system after an A grade at AS is a formality). About a third of all their offers are still EE offers.
Reply 9
Lizia
Unconditionals either mean that the person already has their results, or it's a less good university that is pretty desperate to snag a particular applicant. I have unconditional at UCL because I'm on a gap year. My friend had an unconditional at Solent and MMU because he far exceeded their grade requirements and they really wanted him.

Thanks so much for belittling my achievement :rolleyes: its all so common on here.

I worked damn hard to get my unconditional offer and if you must know, Aber is 44th in the league tables. So sorry that it isn't in the Top 20, but we all can't be perfect unfortunately. It has a high student satisfaction and I love the area and the course - that's what matters to me.
I have 3 unconditionals.....
Reply 11
Good bloke
I'll bet a shilling that it was a matriculation offer which would involve attaining two E grades at A level, rather than being completely unconditional (though I grant that getting an E grade under the current A level system after an A grade at AS is a formality). About a third of all their offers are still EE offers.

Yep, you are right in all you say but I'm sure you'll agree that today, EE at A-level is de facto unconditional. It's just a conditional EE offer for the sake of formal accuracy, or what UCAS would tell him.

In fact, he had enough UMS from his AS year to get Es in 4 A-levels, so he met it before the offer was given. :p:

Oh, and I owe you a shilling if we ever meet Good bloke.
That's a lie, because I'm in second year of A level and still haven't done my final exams and received an unconditional offer.
Original post by Aleejandraaxo
That's a lie, because I'm in second year of A level and still haven't done my final exams and received an unconditional offer.

Thanks for clearing that up... 7 years later
Original post by 0xFFFFail
Thanks for clearing that up... 7 years later

He signed up to just say that, gotta have respect for his determination.

Latest

Trending

Trending